8 Fictional Religions We Would Join

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Samtemdo8 said:
Worgen said:
FOOL, this is Uther the Lightbringer the first and greatest Paladin of the Knights of the Silver Hand, he fought bravely against the Orcish Horde during the Second War, but sadly his Death was brought on by betrayal:

https://youtu.be/HIBQzxDIYVs?t=333

Here's his complete Lore:

Hmm... I don't know, I think its just Thor with a less trimmed beard. Stop messing with that book, Thor, its not for you.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Worgen said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Worgen said:
FOOL, this is Uther the Lightbringer the first and greatest Paladin of the Knights of the Silver Hand, he fought bravely against the Orcish Horde during the Second War, but sadly his Death was brought on by betrayal:

Hmm... I don't know, I think its just Thor with a less trimmed beard. Stop messing with that book, Thor, its not for you.
Lots of MOBAs have copied Blizzard's art style.

What other charcaters Smite has look-alikes?

Do they have the Lich King?

Sigh still salty that I may never see him in movies.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Samtemdo8 said:
Worgen said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Worgen said:

Lots of MOBAs have copied Blizzard's art style.

What other charcaters Smite has look-alikes?

Do they have the Lich King?

Sigh still salty that I may never see him in movies.
Well to be fair blizzard did copy the art style of warhammer for a lot of their stuff. I don't think that Smite has any other gods that look that similar to something from blizzard. Paladins has a few similar characters but that's kinda it.

JCAll

Oct 12, 2011
Kind of disappointed that the Brotherhood of Nod didn't make the list. If you must pick a fictional Messiah, who could possibly be better than Kane.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
EMWISE94 said:
I mentioned it in another fictitious religion thread and I'll mention it here!
While he has no religion, should one be started... well...

Praise be to the Pop Pop!

BRRAAP!
Where the hell is THAT from?! That looks like Bill Cypher from Gravity Falls as an arms dealer or something.

American Tanker

Feb 25, 2015
Well, if you want to be controversial...

As far as I'm concerned, all religions are fictional anyways.

*inb4 fedora memes*

lionsprey

Sep 20, 2010
as a devout pastafarian this article is very insulting. i shall banish its writer to the land of the penguins.
also you really think Cthulhu cares if you worship him or not?

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Picking the most appealing religion from various settings:

-A Song of Ice and Fire: The Old Gods. Why? Because every other religion sucks. The Drowned God only looks out for the Ironborn, R'hllor wants to burn people, the Faceless God employs murderers, and the Faith of the Seven has the whole abstinence/anti-homosexuality thing. So, Old Gods. Tree hugging. Down with it.

-Andromeda: Wayism. Well, it's the only religion I can name in the setting, but basically your level of committment is up to you, and hey, you get to follow a religion spawned by near-literal devil-spawn.

-Battlestar Galactica: Gods of Kobol. Because the whole "one true god" thing doesn't end well for anyone in that show.

-Diablo: 51 gods of Xiansai. Seems the easiest religion to follow for an adherent - don't need to worry about the Patriarchs or Zakarumites at least

-Halo: Trinity. Because that's a more pleasing alternative to a religion based on what's effectively galactic suicide.

-Mistborn: Pathism. Mainly because it seems like the best choice out of more...dubious, options.

-Saga of Seven Suns: Unison (though there aren't many alternatives to choose from)

-Tron: None. I'm a user. So that makes me a god! A god, I tell you!

-Warcraft: The Light, because god damn it, I need the protection

-Warhammer Fantasy Battle: Taal. Because sometimes, nice gods need some appreciation.

-Warhammer 40,000: The Emperor, for he protects. And because I'd be called a heretic if I chose something else

Y'know, going through a list of medias I'm familiar with, it really strikes me how often you're left with nothing but bad options for your choice of religion. :(

Chaos Marine

Feb 6, 2008
Silentpony said:
Worgen said:

They're basically the same...
Uh... the GEoM did kill Horus. Completely obliterated his soul. He didn't kill him outright because he still loved him and wanted to try everything to save him but when the Emperor saw he couldn't be saved, he ***** slapped him down.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
CyanCat47 said:
Ciult of cuthulu: Lovecraft was a massive racist and anti-semite. No joke
True. Your point being? Because Cthulhu doesn't discriminate, other then what order you're driven insane and eaten in. Those who worship him get eaten first, which is sort of a kindness considering. Well, more of a mercy kill from a being which doesn't understand the concept of mercy.

EMWISE94

Aug 22, 2013
Darth_Payn said:
Where the hell is THAT from?! That looks like Bill Cypher from Gravity Falls as an arms dealer or something.
That is Yung Venuz, of Nuclear Throne fame (though he appeared in Gun Godz first). He's a Venusian Gun God who decided to quest for the nuclear throne just to prove he's a badass, he speaks in a mix of beatboxing and venusian, can pull a trigger faster than any mortal, also has loads of moni... that lasts one really important. Also yes, like Bill Cipher his design is based off the All Seeing Eye.

For your ears:
also:

iblis666

Sep 8, 2008
damn fake religions cant people just worship something more practical and realistic like Wotanism