8 Nicolas Cage Movies To Be Avoided

DrStrangelove

Apr 10, 2008
8 Nicolas Cage Movies To Be Avoided

Nicolas Cage is one of the most prolific actors of his generation. While being prolific is a wonderful thing to be it also spawned some films that you may not want to watch, as these would possibly tarnish everyone's gleaming opinion of the Laurence Olivier of his generation.

Read Full Article

Arslan Aladeen

Oct 9, 2012
How were you able to narrow it down to just 8? Wouldn't it have been easier to list the 8 Cage movies worth checking out? I guess you run into the problem of coming up with that many.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
8 Nic Cage movies to avoid?
Oh dear, our lord won't be happy...

That said, no Season of the Witch? :p

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Any Nicolas Cage films should be avoided?

CON AIR?

WHAT IS THIS?

This is a new low in these lists, Schuyler!

teamcharlie

Jan 22, 2013
I'm okay with most of this list, but Drive Angry was awesome and is not to be missed.

Evidence:

Hydrogen, Fuel of the Future.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Nic Cage is such a sitting duck imma goan make a list of 8 good movies he was in. In no particular order.

1) Wild at Heart
2) Raising Arizona
3) Rumble Fish
4) Leaving Las Vegas
5) Adaptation.
6) Bad Lieutenant
7) Lord of War
8) The Weatherman

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
I can understand the Wicker Man remake and Ghost Rider being on this list, but Con Air was fun imo. If I find it on a cable movie channel, I tune in and enjoy the hammy goodness from the likes of Cage and John Malkovich.

And no mention of Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance? That sequel makes the first Ghost Rider look like The Dark Knight. Not even Idris Elba or Christopher Lambert (I was surprised to see him in that) could save this roasted turkey from Hell.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Con Air? really? what?!

And Drive Angry was fucking awesome.

I call shenanigans on this list! SHENANIGANS I SAY!!

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
lacktheknack said:
Any Nicolas Cage films should be avoided?

CON AIR?

WHAT IS THIS?

This is a new low in these lists, Schuyler!
Seriously. The beauty of Nic Cage is that he gives an entertaining performance in the worst of movies. The Wicker Man is the prime example in that list. Other choices just confuse me. Drive Angry is a legitimately good movie and Con Air is fucking Con Air. You sir, are no true Nic Cage fan. The only movies of his to avoid are the boring movies where he gives very low-key performances, namely his Turteltaub films. That man knows how to drain the energy out of Cage.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
Mr. Q said:
I can understand the Wicker Man remake and Ghost Rider being on this list, but Con Air was fun imo. If I find it on a cable movie channel, I tune in and enjoy the hammy goodness from the likes of Cage and John Malkovich.

And no mention of Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance? That sequel makes the first Ghost Rider look like The Dark Knight. Not even Idris Elba or Christopher Lambert (I was surprised to see him in that) could save this roasted turkey from Hell.
What? The second Ghost Rider is infinitely better than the snorefest that is the first one. The first one was a by-the-books Hollywood clunker. The director and writers for Spirit of Vengeance realized they had Nic Cage in a motherfucking Ghost Rider movie and cut loose.

chiggerwood

Lurker Extrordinaire
May 10, 2009
Objectable said:
The Wicker Man is the greatest comedy of this generation.
<youtube=YyigAW-14w0>
That's what I was gonna say. Wicker Man is amazing!

OT: Did this man just besmirch the name of Con-Air? Nic Cage risked his LIFE to save that bunny and you will respect that!

Ignatz_Zwakh

Sep 3, 2010
Excuse me? Con-Air? Con-Air's a goddamn masterpiece of comic action cinema! And where the hell is Deadfall? THAT'S a terrible movie!

WWmelb

Sep 7, 2011
Im going to risk ridicule here, by not first defending Con Air.

I LOVED city of angels. I thought it was a gorgeously simple, well acted, and pretty story.

Mind i haven't watched it since release when i was about 15 .. but i loved it then.

And con air is awesome.

It's con air.

Mersadeon

Jun 8, 2010
THE WICKER MAN? That one isn't to be avoided! It sits VERY comfortably in the "so bad it's good"-territory. Seriously, I do not like watching bad movies just because it has become a weird trend nowerdays, but that movie is so incredibly funny.
And it is probably the only movie in existance where an actor just starts punching and kicking women and it is totally not mysoginistic, so you can cheer him on without feeling bad.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Since making movies for the paycheck, its a 50/50 guest weather his next movie is amazing or shit. The last of his movies i saw was Drive Angry, and that was the biggest pile of shit ive ever seen in my life.

Sarge034

Feb 24, 2011
But I enjoyed Con Air and Ghost Rider... To tell the truth I was really worried that The Rock was gonna make the list. THAT would have made me cry. I know, I'm childlike and my tastes are bad bla bla bla. The movie gave us this from the lord of the universe's mouth. Be grateful.

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Mr. Q said:

What? The second Ghost Rider is infinitely better than the snorefest that is the first one. The first one was a by-the-books Hollywood clunker. The director and writers for Spirit of Vengeance realized they had Nic Cage in a motherfucking Ghost Rider movie and cut loose.
And there in lies the problem of Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance. They cut loose without thinking "Hey! This movie is getting so fucking goofy that Disney might slap us with a restraining order. Don't you think we should dial it down a bit?"

It's so over the fucking top, its becomes a demented Warner Brothers cartoon on acid. There are moments that made me think "WTF" out loud. For instance, why was the main character spinning like a top after being blown up in the construction site scene? Why was Ghost Rider posing like he was performing Hamlet the first time he enters the movie? I never thought I'd see a CGI flaming skeleton ham it up in a movie, but Nicolas Cage proved me wrong.