8 of the Most Annoying Video Game Enemies of All Time

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
8 of the Most Annoying Video Game Enemies of All Time

Some enemies in vidoe games are challenging, but these eight transcend that, going all the way to annoying as hell.

Read Full Article

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Cazador were only annoying 'cause there was a nest of them directly north of the starting town in New Vegas.
Later in the game they're cake.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Oh please, only half of those are annoying.

How about any of the anti-combo enemies from DMC3? The Bloodgoyles, The Fallen, or those misty purple motherfuckers.

The Birds from Ninja Gaiden.

Red Arremer from the Ghost n Goblins series.

Ravinoff

Elite Member
Legacy
May 31, 2012
Country
Canada
Silentpony said:
Cazador were only annoying 'cause there was a nest of them directly north of the starting town in New Vegas.
So many people ***** about NV being overly difficult starting off because they didn't listen to the NPCs in Goodsprings.

Also, no Rabid Stalkers from Borderlands 2? Those things were pure misery.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Ravinoff said:
Silentpony said:
So many people ***** about NV being overly difficult starting off because they didn't listen to the NPCs in Goodsprings.

Also, no Rabid Stalkers from Borderlands 2? Those things were pure misery.
Right? Everyone is Goodsprings says don't go north, if you go north there are a bunch of warning signs and road signs saying 'GIANT FUCKING BUGS!'
And like everyone I thought I was too big for my shoes, tried to shoot them at range, and was turned to mince instantly. And then I went South.

I mean for fucks sake, even Yahtzee talks about dying to giant killer flies in his ZP video.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Fallout 4's suicidal super mutants. When I hear that beep beep beep, I always freak out if my critical meter is full or not, then despair when a headshot only takes off a sliver.

Wrex Brogan

Jan 28, 2016
Silentpony said:
Hell even in early game they're not that bad. Just VATS their wings or use some dynamite... and if you have the Ultimate Edition you get a god-damn Grenade Launcher right from the start. Easy pickings.

Now Legion/NCR assassins. THOSE guys are a pain in the arse. Frequent spawns, follow you even when you're stealthed, high damage outputs, scale with your level so they get super resilient... waaaay more annoying than Cazadores. Plus because of how they spawn if you fast-travel too much you can have 3+ squads hunting you down.

Aetrion said:
No Cliffracers?
Maybe he's successfully bleached them from his mind - lord knows I've certainly tried to.

Morrowind: The only game I've ever dreaded getting to level 8.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Wrex Brogan said:
Silentpony said:
Hell even in early game they're not that bad. Just VATS their wings or use some dynamite... and if you have the Ultimate Edition you get a god-damn Grenade Launcher right from the start. Easy pickings.

Now Legion/NCR assassins. THOSE guys are a pain in the arse. Frequent spawns, follow you even when you're stealthed, high damage outputs, scale with your level so they get super resilient... waaaay more annoying than Cazadores. Plus because of how they spawn if you fast-travel too much you can have 3+ squads hunting you down.

Aetrion said:
No Cliffracers?
Maybe he's successfully bleached them from his mind - lord knows I've certainly tried to.

Morrowind: The only game I've ever dreaded getting to level 8.
Cliff Racers were the worst not just because they were terrible enemies, but Morrowind made you miss all the time. The game wasn't designed with misses in mind. All round poor design choices.

Aug 31, 2012
008Zulu said:
Fallout 4's suicidal super mutants. When I hear that beep beep beep, I always freak out if my critical meter is full or not, then despair when a headshot only takes off a sliver.
Those guys are assholes, but you know what really gets me in FO4? Baby Mirelurks.
Those irritating little bastards are just going to nip at your heels like some stupid crab based version of a chihuahua, being impossible to hit with gunfire outside of VATS and not really worth wasting ammo on, so you end up whirling round in a circle flailing wildly with your melee weapon until the suicidally stupid little fuckers are all dead.
They're shit, they're not a threat or a challenge, they are literally just there as an annoyance. Fuckin dumbass crab woodlouse things. Hate 'em.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Eh, most of those are just a certain type of challenge. Annoying to me is something that either takes too long, comes too often or has to be defeated in tedious way. You know, something that makes the general experience worse, like those bloody ghosts in Metroid Prime.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I'm also going to mention Cliffracers. Bloody things often come out of nowhere and start pecking at my head.
In fact the only on this list I'd consider genuinely annoying is Zubat. The rest are either from games I haven't played, didn't get far enough to encounter (wheel skeleton), or found more of a challenge than an annoyance. I mean from the brief time I played WoW, I found the Murlocs only showed up in specific areas so they were easy to avoid and were quite easy to kill.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Ehh, needs cliffracers and the black headcrabs weren't more agile. If anything they were slower, but they were also much tougher.

Cycloptomese

Jun 4, 2015
Ninja Gaiden for Xbox had the Ghost Fish. Those things swarmed at you and latched onto you and drained your life slowly, but if you get enough of them on you they drain your life alarmingly quickly. They weren't a big deal as long as you had a fast weapon, but they could get out of hand very easily. Also you had to button mash to get them off. That's annoying in and of itself.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
I knew the Medusa heads would be on this list, and I was not disappointed.
Here's an annoying video game enemy: the Boos from the old side-scrolling Super Mario games. I couldn't kill them with jumping on their heads or fireballs, but when I was able to punch them to death in Mario 64, it felt Soooooooo good.

iconoclast xvii

Mar 3, 2017
The regular skeletons in the game are bad enough, with how they just won't die until you kill the necromancer animating them.
Or you could use a divine weapon.

But, this reminded me, now that Dark Souls is done, we never will get that Giant Bonewheel Boss. :'(

truckspond

Oct 26, 2013
008Zulu said:
Go for the right arm. One hit sets off the nuke prematurely.