Husks Don't Mess Around in New Mass Effect 3 Screens

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Husks Don't Mess Around in New Mass Effect 3 Screens

The second group of official Mass Effect 3 screens features Husks of new races, a squadmate, and of course, lens flare.

BioWare gave us our first look at two measly screenshots [http://www.amazon.com/Mass-Effect-3-Pc/dp/B004FYKWZU/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1304521372&sr=1-2]. Thankfully, the developer has now released eight more, showing off some familiar faces in addition to more Shepard-on-bad-guy action.

Just as a warning, if you look at these you will know something about Mass Effect 3. If you want to know absolutely nothing about Mass Effect 3, don't look at them. You've been warned.

[gallery=230]

The worst of the screens reveals what appears to be a Krogan version of a Husk with a huge cannon on his arm. Fighting a regular Krogan is a huge pain in the butt, so this Husk version is sure to be a tough customer. *Edit* People seem to think this is a Batarian Husk due to its face, but it looks like it has a Krogan's larger body, no? Oh well.

In Mass Effect 3, Shepard gets some by rifle-butting armored Cerberus forces in the face, shooting them full of holes, and leaving them to lie in pools of their own blood. Other screens feature Liara returning as a squadmate, and Anderson, in whatever capacity you may have put him, enjoying some lens flare. Ah, it just wouldn't be Mass Effect without lens flare.

Source: CVG [http://www.igromania.ru/articles/145507/Mass_Effect_3.htm]

Meggiepants

Not a pigeon roost
Jan 19, 2010
Gotta love the lens flare.

I read in GI that the Anderson character model was just a stand in for the time being. He's supposedly not a real playable character. Of course, that could just be a red herring designed to put us off the scent.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Oh nice. When I read "Krogan version of a Geth", I was not happy about having to fight that. But no. It's actually a Krogan version of a Husk. That's much worse. :(

TheDoctor455

Friendly Neighborhood Time Lord
Apr 1, 2009
Yeah... why do people keep mixing up the Husks and Geth?

They are very different things.

It would be more accurate to say "The Reapers don't mess around".

Dyp100

Jul 14, 2009
That's Husk, not a Geth, ARGH, nerd rage.

Come on, if you played ME2 you should know they're not even similiar.

Sandytimeman

Brain Freeze...yay!
Jan 14, 2011

Remember the Geth got husk technology from the Reapers, and it was only that faction of fanatic geth which were destroyed / reprogrammed in the previous game.

ryai458

Oct 20, 2008
The Woolly One said:
Just FYI Husks, not Geth. Interesting screenshots though.
This, the Geth aren't bad guys the Geth corrupted by sovereign were though, the main Geth just want to be left alone.

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
Yeah, you got your info wrong, it's not a 'Krogan Version of a Geth' it's a 'Batarian Husk with reaper and human parts attached'(It's known as the Cannibal because it eats other husks to grow more powerful)

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
mjc0961 said:
Oh nice. When I read "Krogan version of a Geth", I was not happy about having to fight that. But no. It's actually a Krogan version of a Husk. That's much worse. :(
Yeah....

*grabs Reverant machine gun and preys to any higher being that may listen*

This might get messy...

Inner Pickle

Nov 8, 2010
Much agreement. Geth received the technology to create Husks from Sovereign, meaning that these screenshots show to an extent the reach of the reapers in ME3. Interesting stuff.

May 25, 2010
Is that Liara in the 3rd screenshot? Wearing exactly the same outfit she was wearing in Lair of the Shadow Broker? Colour me interested. Can't wait to hear more about this.

CalPal

Apr 25, 2011
WanderingFool said:
mjc0961 said:
Yeah....

*grabs Reverant machine gun and preys to any higher being that may listen*

This might get messy...
*Grabs Mattock rifle and grins maniacally.*

Don't worry, bro... I got this.

dropZero

Feb 10, 2011
I hate fighting husks to begin with. These new krogan husks are sure to infuriate me!

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
Josh12345 said:
Yeah, you got your info wrong, it's not a 'Krogan Version of a Geth' it's a 'Batarian Husk with reaper and human parts attached'(It's known as the Cannibal because it eats other husks to grow more powerful)
This information (called a Cannibal, eats other husks, etc), where did you get it? I wish to know more.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
Josh12345 said:
Lovely... now we need to go up against that... Much better...

I mean, what could be worse then an armada of Reaper ships en route from dark space with a Council in denial. Apparently, husks the size of bears...