Husks Don't Mess Around in New Mass Effect 3 Screens

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
As others have said, I do believe that is in fact a Batarian husk. Notice the four eyes and too many nostrils. Curious why it's so much bigger than a regular human husk, considering the two species are the same size...

Also, these images came out in this month's Game Informer, (Tad late to the show, fellas) in case anyone is interested in reading a bit more on Mass Effect 3. 12 pages of awesome awaits you.

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
Those big husk look like they have too many eyes to be Krogan. I'm thinking they are Yagh. Yep right amount of eyes and body size.

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
These screens are hella old. I have the Game Informer from LAST MONTH in the ME3 issue that has all of these.

You caught in a time delay or what Escapist?

urahara75

Aug 21, 2010
Athol said:
CalPal said:
WanderingFool said:
mjc0961 said:
Oh nice. When I read "Krogan version of a Geth", I was not happy about having to fight that. But no. It's actually a Krogan version of a Husk. That's much worse. :(
Yeah....

*grabs Reverant machine gun and preys to any higher being that may listen*

This might get messy...
*Grabs Mattock rifle and grins maniacally.*

Don't worry, bro... I got this.
*Lifts M-920 Cain*

You guys might wanna get down.
Forget taking cover... we're gonna need to haul ass, pronto!! =O

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Paragon Fury said:
These screens are hella old. I have the Game Informer from LAST MONTH in the ME3 issue that has all of these.

You caught in a time delay or what Escapist?
Not everyone gets Game Informer, so when screens are released digitally, as these just were, they're worth posting so everyone else can take a look.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Liara is BACK! SOLD!...not that I was having any doubts about picking this up before hand, but you know...LIARA!! YAY!

(Why do some of the earlier posts say "Those are Husks, not Geth"? Was there a mistake in the article?)

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
That looks less like a krogan version of a husk and more like a yahg version of a husk. I think yahg is more likely. Potentially the Reapers targeted their planet immediately? Hell, I doubt they'd even require all that much indoctrination, they already hate the Council races.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 2, 2010
Fightgarr said:
That looks less like a krogan version of a husk and more like a yahg version of a husk. I think yahg is more likely. Potentially the Reapers targeted their planet immediately? Hell, I doubt they'd even require all that much indoctrination, they already hate the Council races.
Yeah, I can see that as a Yahg more than a Krogan. To be honest, however, that idea is equally as scary.

Also, is anyone else annoyed Cerberus are the bad guys? I quite liked them in ME2

Aug 25, 2009
Athol said:
CalPal said:
WanderingFool said:
mjc0961 said:
Oh nice. When I read "Krogan version of a Geth", I was not happy about having to fight that. But no. It's actually a Krogan version of a Husk. That's much worse. :(
Yeah....

This might get messy...

*Lifts M-920 Cain*

*Readies Incisor sniper rifle*

Come now, precision over collateral damage anyday.

WouldYouKindly

Apr 17, 2011
Athol said:
CalPal said:
WanderingFool said:
mjc0961 said:
Yeah....

This might get messy...

*Lifts M-920 Cain*

*Scopes in with a Widow*

Will you guys relax? He'll never see it coming.

OT: They finally replaced the face elbow with an actual rifle butt... Maybe. We'll have to see video of the motion to be sure.

The game looks great, I'm just hoping they make the gameplay a twinge more complex than see this guy? good, shoot him and all his friends until they stop moving. I preferred the old power wheel and how hacking was related to a skill.

JakobBloch

Apr 7, 2008
Sniper Team 4 said:
Liara is BACK! SOLD!...not that I was having any doubts about picking this up before hand, but you know...LIARA!! YAY!

(Why do some of the earlier posts say "Those are Husks, not Geth"? Was there a mistake in the article?)
Originally the title was "Geths Don't Mess Around in New Mass Effect 3 Screens"

Fightgarr said:
Doubtfull. Yahg are bigger then that one and whey have the triangular mouth with one prong going between the eyes. The link to Batarians have however been fairly well established (location and number of eyes, and the elaborate nostrils). As for the size that can be explained as it being a form of Scion. The Husk does seem grossly malformed which supports this thought.

ryai458

Oct 20, 2008
Hey Escapist kudos on changing the thread name, way to own up to a little typo.

Aug 4, 2010
Tom Goldman said:
The worst of the screens reveals what appears to be a Krogan version of a Husk with a huge cannon on his arm. Fighting a regular Krogan is a huge pain in the butt, so this Husk version is sure to be a tough customer.
It seems to me that it is a Batarian Husk in the screenshot in question, has the same eyes and "nose?" as a Batarian.

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Batarian

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
Raiyan 1.0 said:
HankMan said:
I wonder if this is what Saren was working on when they said he had a "cure" for the genophage?
If that's the case, my Shepard is going to have such an epic 'I told you so!' moment with Wrex...

OT: The regular husks were terrifying enough in huge numbers, these beefed up Krogan husks with cannons for arms is going to be a *****.

And I wouldn't have it any other way. ;)
Isn't everyone's? I mean Who killed Wrex, really? I certainly haven't met anyone who has...

mrdude2010

Aug 6, 2009
dammit i hate husks i'd much rather just fight geth or collectors or something. especially since my widowmaker disruption ammo does over 9,000 damage to geth

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
MelasZepheos said:
Athol said:
CalPal said:
WanderingFool said:
mjc0961 said:
Yeah....

This might get messy...

*Lifts M-920 Cain*

*Readies Incisor sniper rifle*

Come now, precision over collateral damage anyday.
Lol. Guns! X)

*Dramatically opens a bare, blue "flaming" fist....*

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
cursedseishi said:
You know... considering what went down in Lair of the Shadow Broker, can you confidently say that's Liara as a team mate? I doubt her new job is exactly providing her ample time to do it as well as save the universe. It could be just another Asari, they all look the same from behind after all... and in black latex-ish suits... those too...
The outfit in the screenshot is the exact same outfit that Liara was wearing in LotSB.

So, unless another Asari raided her wardrobe, I think we can safely say it's her.