Rumor: New Villains Confirmed for Batman: Arkham City

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Rumor: New Villains Confirmed for Batman: Arkham City

The Herald further mentions Black Mask, also not officially confirmed for Arkham City yet, though the crime lord was believed to have been seen getting beaten by goons in this trailer [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/trailers/2917-Batman-Arkham-City-Debut] (27 seconds in). The full list additionally mentions Zsasz, Calendar Man, and Mr. Freeze.

Don't take this as official confirmation quite yet, but it seems likely. If Ginn actually took to an Australian newspaper to reveal this scoop, I would expect Rocksteady or Warner Bros. to release new information on the Penguin soon.

Source: Arkhamcity.co.uk [http://arkhamcity.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2517]

Antitonic

Enlightened Dispenser Of Truth!
Feb 4, 2010
I find this hard to believe. Australia never gets anything first. :p

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Sober Thal said:
This sounds like overkill. I hope they don't try putting too much in this game, but if they do, I hope it still can exceed the previous one in quality.

Oh yeah, and don't make the ending complete crap like you did before.
Well, the campaign is supposed to be 50 hours long. I'm sure they'll have time to wrap up all of the villains' subplots.

Anyway...I can't see the Penguin in the picture of Batman and the one-armed thug. Is it just me?

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
As much as it would make the 8-year old in my mind shit his pants at the prospect of more Batman characters, let alone villains, the reasonable part of me would think it would be better to just have the extras in the background. Like, a throw-away line mentioning so-and-so, and what they were doing while Arkham City was happening.

Rumor or not, I'm still excited for this game.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Dr. wonderful said:
Actually, the man geting his ass beat was Black mask.

Just...look at him.
Yeah...it definitely is. He's wearing the mask, and that's the same outfit that they had Black Mask in in his bio for Arkham Asylum.

http://static.gamesradar.com/images/mb/GamesRadar/us/Games/B/Batman%20Arkham%20Asylum/Everything%20Else/Batman%20AA%20Hidden%20Characters/Finished/090209_arkhamasylum_blackmask--article_image.jpg

Also, those aren't 'goons'...they're security officers.

TastyCarcass

Jul 27, 2009
Did anyone else not notice the clown thug's lack of an arm?

Btw, there are many references to Penguin in one of the gameplay videos.

Can anyone post scans of the penguin screenshot?

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
cursedseishi said:
Just saying, but if their version of The Penguin looks like Danny DeVito's portrayal, I'll be happy.

As for Calendar man? I doubt it... I've heard he's...
*slips on shades*
Gone out of print.
He doesn't. Arkham Aslyum revealed the Penguin to be...

http://static.gamesradar.com/images/mb/GamesRadar/us/Games/B/Batman%20Arkham%20Asylum/Everything%20Else/Arkham%20Asylum%202%20possibilities/arkham2_penguincutout--article_image.jpg

He might get a different outfit in Arkham City (The Riddler did), but I don't think he'll look too different.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
Can killer Croc PLEASE be in this game? He deserved a better boss fight. Also I want more of those Scarecrow sequences.
But still cool, Penguin and Catwoman. It's starting to feel a bit like a reuinion.

Canadish

Jul 15, 2010
The Penguin has been left out in the cold for too long.
Consider my interest beaked.

Johnnyallstar

Feb 22, 2009
Batman's days are numbered with Calendar Man involved!

Yeah, he's a triple A league villain right there. Maybe needs to stay in the farm system until he gets a better name.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
HankMan said:
Penguin does sound fittingly feather brained
Joshimodo said:
Calendar Man? I hope the rumour is true if that's the case.
I believe he is scheduled to make an appearance
Canadish said:
The Penguin has been left out in the cold for too long.
Consider my interest beaked.
Oooh you guys!

OT: this is sounding better and better, they need all these villains if the game is 25 hours long.

My one request, Bane Or Killer Croc, either will suffice.

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
Kopikatsu said:
Dr. wonderful said:
Actually, the man geting his ass beat was Black mask.

Just...look at him.
Yeah...it definitely is. He's wearing the mask, and that's the same outfit that they had Black Mask in in his bio for Arkham Asylum.

http://static.gamesradar.com/images/mb/GamesRadar/us/Games/B/Batman%20Arkham%20Asylum/Everything%20Else/Batman%20AA%20Hidden%20Characters/Finished/090209_arkhamasylum_blackmask--article_image.jpg

Also, those aren't 'goons'...they're security officers.
Besides, Penguin is fat.

He is always fat.

Azmael Silverlance

Pirate Warlord!
Oct 20, 2009
He is holding a giant hammer not a blade.... X_X

The game seems to be packing well.....too many villains? How much story are these guys planning on writing? This could either go really well and be super awesome or just a whole bunch of bad guys making cameo appereances.