Name Game: We Wanted the Cup

Mar 30, 2010
Ugh, moving. I hate that myself. Well, good luck and enjoy!

Hope you didn't get caught up in all that ruckus afterwards btw, that shit seemed serious.

Moriarty70

Canucklehead
Dec 24, 2008
Shit didn't go down, shit went up... in flames! Funny that Calgary doesn't riot that way during hockey *buh-dum-tish*. That's one for the hockey fans.

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
That's fine with me, get settled in and relax for a bit.
Just don't forget about your eager fans.

Jun 15, 2011
oh believe me, seeing our city riot like that was ridiculous. I mean, yeah, it was expected that some sports nuts might get upset..... but seeing THOSE riots? Seriously? Made me just want to cry seeing the stupidity of people.

I remember watching the footage on tv and radio and just basically all the newspeople mentioning how stupid people in the crowd were for starting this. There were families at those outdoor screens! Stupid people! *grumbles*

Great....now we'll be the butt of everyone's jokes (not that us Canadians weren't before.......)

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Have a nice move.

Well, as nice as moving can be.

And don't forget to make the next strip on your desk. Napkins don't work that well.

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
I just like that during all the rioting a perfume store got looted. Cause you know when your busy being angry about your team loosing you should at least smell nice.

DaxStrife

Late Reviewer
Nov 29, 2007
I share Kathleen's sentiments.
It's been too long since a Canadian team's gotten the Cup, and Michigan don't count even if we're Canada v1.5.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
Krzysztof Wisniewski said:
oh believe me, seeing our city riot like that was ridiculous. I mean, yeah, it was expected that some sports nuts might get upset..... but seeing THOSE riots? Seriously? Made me just want to cry seeing the stupidity of people.

I remember watching the footage on tv and radio and just basically all the newspeople mentioning how stupid people in the crowd were for starting this. There were families at those outdoor screens! Stupid people! *grumbles*

Great....now we'll be the butt of everyone's jokes (not that us Canadians weren't before.......)
You're right, but no for your reasons...

This was a Canadian riot. Only about $700,000 in damages, not too many people in the hospital, only a couple dead, and a few dozen lives ruined.

DID YOU SEE WHEN DUKE WON THE TITLE A FEW YEARS BACK? They practically razed the city to the ground. This was nothing compared to some of the other riots, but its recent, and security has done a good job of stopping them as of late. But this wasn't even close.
Yeah, those guys in Durham are pretty hardcore. Come to think of it, so is Chapel Hill and Raleigh.

Hell, between UNC and NCSU there's a riot whenever one of the teams beat the other.

MasterOfWorlds

Oct 1, 2010
The sketches of the younger characters made me wonder what the characters of the comic would be like when they were all like teenagers or something. I bet that it would be funny. I wonder if everyone would keep their quirks? Like the one guy still smokes, Lando's still bald, the other guy still has the facial hair, and Alix carries around Podi like a blanket or something. XD

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Good luck with your move and sorry about the cup!
Looking forward to next week I guess...

mraaaa

Nov 23, 2010
steampunk42 said:
have fun with the move....also you spelled "sea" wrong...thought you'd like to know.
Oh *that's* what that was supposed to say; my brain no worky in the morning apparently. Also, since we're on the subject: I'm pretty sure it's 'Tally' without an e.

Phoenix Arrow

Sep 3, 2008
Krzysztof Wisniewski said:

Well, I'm a massive Bruins fan.
I've always had a bit of a soft spot for Vancouver though. I don't know why, but I was glad for them that they had a good season and was looking forward to seeing some good hockey between the two sides.
I wasn't disappointed there but... the last 24 hours has ruined my opinion of the fans and city itself. It always seemed like such a nice place and it's somewhere I've always wanted to visit but... yeah.

I'm not too concerned about it. First Stanley Cup in 40 years, first final in the time I've been a hockey fan. By far the most entertaining post-season I've ever witnessed.