Check Out Sega's Urinal Console In Action

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Check Out Sega's Urinal Console In Action

Sega's new "Toylet" system combines peeing, games, and manly competition. And now there's a video of how it works!

Remember how, during the Holidays, Sega revealed that it was working on a new console that would violate public indecency statutes if played in public? Because you have to pee to play it? <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/106717-Sega-Lets-You-Play-Videogames-with-Your-Pee>Because it's attached to a urinal? Seriously? You don't remember that? What's wrong with you? Well, guess what? There's now a YouTube video showing the thing in action, and it's about as ridiculous as everyone expected.

At the recent <a href=http://www.f2ff.jp/dsj/en/index.html>Digital Signage show in Japan, Sega's new game system ("Toylet") was on display (conveniently near the men's bathrooms), where it apparently garnered a lot of attention from attendees. Based on the footage, as well as the explanation by Sega producer Hirotaka Machida, the game model is based on two very sound concepts: We dudes like to aim at stuff when we pee, and we also like to compete with each other in totally juvenile (and awesome) ways.

The system isn't actually a toilet on its own, it's an LCD screen and a speed sensor, which measures the speed and amount of time it takes a person to pee. The urine stream is measured via microwaves, measurements are then calculated about the overall urine volume, and individual rankings are then listed.

Sega has revealed that it's planning to start selling units in November, with a price tage of 140,000 ¥ (around $1750). Of course, it's expected that the Toylet will appear in bars, hotels, and restaurants; unfortunately no plans have been announced for the system to come to America.

Source: <a href=http://www.toplessrobot.com/2011/06/this_game_pisses_me_off.php>Topless Robot

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
I'm calling it right now- someone will be hospitalized because they were trying to save up to beat a high score.

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
What. The fuck. Is that?! I think part of my brain just melted. o__0'

Hmm... on the other hand, urinalysis drug tests would be that more entertaining.

Mouse_Crouse

Apr 28, 2010
Awww, came in here to make some witty comment about it being ported to the Wii. Seems i got beat to it. *Angry fist of Doom*

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
All I can see happening with this is just a bunch of drunken guys in a bar going "Hey, I bet my piss is faster then your piss!" and piss going everywhere as they try and prove they can piss faster then anyone else.

And that is strangely the most times I've used the word piss in a post. Fancy that. XD

LavaLampBamboo

King of Okay
Jun 27, 2008
what is this i dont even

I honestly can't believe this is for real. I mean it's goddamn hilarious, but... Who is sitting there and thinking "Yeah, I love to go the bathroom, but I just wish there was a way to make it a GAME!" ?

Someone, apparently.

Mr Thin

Apr 4, 2010
Phlakes said:
I'm calling it right now- someone will be hospitalized because they were trying to save up to beat a high score.
HAHAHAHAHAH!

Yes, definitely. Like with that 'hold your Wee for a Wii' competition.

Only that woman wasn't just hospitalised, she died.

Oh my.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
Its kinda funny-- if you etch a little logo or the shape of a fly into a urinal, EVERYONE aims at it. Reduces spillage by like 80% or some such statistic.

Its an amazing thing. No wonder the japanese are on this like piss on a porcelain fly.

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
Phlakes said:
I fully intend to be that person.

Giest4life

The Saucepan Man
Feb 13, 2010
Despite it's obvious drawbacks, I must say that I am impressed by this console. It may not be peerfect, but it still is innovation.

dosp5

May 14, 2011
I need this game ported to the US so I can be pro at it. There will be championships and I will come out on top!

Thunderhorse31

Apr 22, 2009
This is amazing. I would go out of my way to always pee at whatever bar/restaurant had the nerve to install one.

Rensenhito

Jan 28, 2009
Back in my day, we had to use our imaginations to make peeing a competitive sport...
DURN WHIPPERSNAPPERS.
Seriously, though, Japan. This is just... weird. Then again, that's kind of what Japan does nowadays. They're like Lady Gaga on a more global scale.