Check Out Sega's Urinal Console In Action

Neferius

Sep 1, 2010
vansau said:
Check Out Sega's Urinal Console In Action

Sega's new "Toylet" system combines peeing, games, and manly competition. And now there's a video of how it works!

Remember how, during the Holidays, Sega revealed that it was working on a new console that would violate public indecency statutes if played in public? Because you have to pee to play it? <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/106717-Sega-Lets-You-Play-Videogames-with-Your-Pee>Because it's attached to a urinal? Seriously? You don't remember that? What's wrong with you? Well, guess what? There's now a YouTube video showing the thing in action, and it's about as ridiculous as everyone expected.

At the recent <a href=http://www.f2ff.jp/dsj/en/index.html>Digital Signage show in Japan, Sega's new game system ("Toylet") was on display (conveniently near the men's bathrooms), where it apparently garnered a lot of attention from attendees. Based on the footage, as well as the explanation by Sega producer Hirotaka Machida, the game model is based on two very sound concepts: We dudes like to aim at stuff when we pee, and we also like to compete with each other in totally juvenile (and awesome) ways.

The system isn't actually a toilet on its own, it's an LCD screen and a speed sensor, which measures the speed and amount of time it takes a person to pee. The urine stream is measured via microwaves, measurements are then calculated about the overall urine volume, and individual rankings are then listed.

Sega has revealed that it's planning to start selling units in November, with a price tage of 140,000 ¥ (around $1750). Of course, it's expected that the Toylet will appear in bars, hotels, and restaurants; unfortunately no plans have been announced for the system to come to America.

Source: <a href=http://www.toplessrobot.com/2011/06/this_game_pisses_me_off.php>Topless Robot

This is Old news. I saw this on :p

Neferius

Sep 1, 2010
INF1NIT3 D00M said:
So while their people are dying of radiation poisoning and flooding and such, they've decided to spend their money on toilet-based videogames. There's a point at which a love for gaming and pure stupidity meet. This right here, This is that point. Also, I'd like to point out that each of these toilet based gaming systems are about 250 dollars shy of being 2 grand per toilet.
Stay Classy, Japan!
Take a ChillPill, this was actually done way back in 2010.
The author of this article just CONVENIENTLY forgot to mention that little detail :-/

jojoemon

May 20, 2008
This is awesome! Finally a chance to confirm my suspicion that I may be a god at peeing.

supermariner

Aug 27, 2010
Wow, I'm giving Shooting stars full credit for seeing this coming:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIj2GdkboZk

Yamiki

Apr 10, 2009
Japan,

I didn't want to have to say this any more then you want to hear it.

We've been talking to your parents.. Just hear us out. We're worried about you Japan, They're worried about you. They say that you've changed. That you aren't like you used to be. You used to be about innovating to help grow. To help learn. But now... We're not sure what your helping.

Did you even think this up, it's not like you. Did someone dare you ? Was it Germany ? Did they dare you. Or America. Damn It Japan, you know you can't listen to America. You know what they're like after a few beers. It wasn't them ?

What's changed Japan, you used to be cool, you had your Bushido and samurai, you had the world in the palm of your hand and now ... we all know what you've got your hands on and we hope you wash them.

Is it drugs Japan? Is It. Look you can tell us, were not going to tell, we're worried that's all.

Japan, you know you can trust us. Even after that little fight we had in the 40's, you were angry, we understand. We got over that.

Look Japan, we aren't going to force you to talk but when you need to talk and want to let us all know what's going on we'll be here. We'll be right here.

Japan. Don't do this. We don't want to lose you. Lose your humour, your little fetishes, your silly smile.

You know we are here for you, and we hope that you'll come to us when you need help.

There's always a shrimp on the barbie for you down here Japan.

Please don't make this goodbye. Not like this.

See you round... Japan

-
Australia

[small](Disclaimer: poster only represents one part of the Australian public and would like to make it know that he thinks this might actually be a bit of a laugh. And is really worried about Japan. And would like to know if he could come around on Friday night. If that was cool with Mr and Mrs Japan) [/small]