87 Sets of Videogame Boobs Put on Display

Dys

Sep 10, 2008
sirdanrhodes said:
They are not real, get help!
Neither are Carmen Electras, but I'm not going to sit here and pretend that stops them from being beautiful.

Yeah, not really sure why 87 are necissary. I sure as hell can't be bothered sifting through them....

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Boobs? Ooh, let's see! Hmmm...

Good...no...no...prefered SC2 Ivy...no...no...no...decent...no...scary...no...maybe...hell yes...urgh...no...no...no...TIFA!!...hell no...no...yes...yes...scary...hell yes...no...wtf...CLAIRE!...CHUN-LI!...no...no...no...nice rack but face scares me...maybe...no...scary...no...is that Yuna?...no...no...Aerith??...Ada Wong!...maybe...no...no...ugh...Annah!...that chick from Starcraft Ghost?...what's-her-name from RE5?...YUNA!!...maybe...Rinoa's chest isn't well-defined...NINA WILLIAMS!...ooh cute!...no...the hell?...no...repeated no...Lara!...pixellated Lara...repeat yes?...no...yes...actually decent...YUNA!!...no...no...ick...Mirror's Edge chick good...see last note...no...naked therefore great...no...hell no...no...no...a mistress from Dungeon Keeper?...no...hell no...no...no...hell yes...no...hell yes...no...no...no...and no.

Aww...I was hoping for a better spread than that.

Ziren

Apr 14, 2009
Starke said:
Mr.Tea said:
Looking through the list, it becomes apparent that "Breasts/boobs" is a mistranslation... It's probable that the german word that was put through google translate is slang just like we would use "chick" or "broad" (Imagine a foreign language speaker putting these words through a translator and they would get "baby chicken" and "large", respectively).

EDIT: Damn it, what's with me and the double posts lately?...
I'm not 100% sure, but I do believe "Brueste" translates to "breasts". A direct translation of the title is "Breasts in computer and videogames."

The text below, I'm a little shakier on, babble fish translates "Ein Gang durch die Geschichte der Titte. Famos!" to "A course by the history of the Titte. Famos!" A better translation might be "A [something] through the history of tits."

I'm sorry, I don't know Gang or Famos, and I'm assuming that Titte is a cognate, which can be a huge mistake. Class would be a cognate "die Klasse, -n" which makes me slightly suspicious of it's translation of Gang.

BTW, as far as I can tell bablefish is flat out mistranslating "durch" as "by" it's nominally "through".

EDIT: "A journey through the history of breasts." Technically "Gang" does mean "course" but in this case, "journey" or "look" is probably a better substitute.
Indeed, Brüste translates to breasts. And Titte is singular, so "Ein Gang durch die Geschichte der Titte. Famos!" would be "A journey thorugh the history of the tit. Excellent."

And "durch" can both "by" and "through".
Er starb durch einen Unfall - He died by accident
Er folgte ihnen durch die Halle - He followed them through the hall

Anyway, to the topic at hand: You shouldn't really be surprised by this, PC Action is pretty much like the MAD-magazine (the new, shitty one) in terms of mature content. They even stole their "insult readers in your answers to letter to the editor"-shtick. Nobody takes it seriously here in Germany,

Kajin

This Title Will Be Gone Soon
Apr 13, 2008
This doesn't make me lose faith in humanity. I'd still like to call sehnanigans. Alyx? Ahead of the DK2 mistress?! Blasphemy!

BE_01

Nov 24, 2009
Christ! What game is No. #25 [http://www.pcaction.de/gallery/view/170/4019/87/#ac] from. Looks like her top shrunk in the wash!

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
number 47 focuses mainly on the ass but is forgive because oh what an ass it is.

Also number 61 has two awesome things, boobs and a chainsword.

Lara Croft did surprise me in the old days because her chest consists of so few polygons she could cut somebody with it.

Of course Eva was there from Metal Gear Solid 3, her giving many people a "solid snake".

Let's face it, we all knew from the moment we saw Zoey in Left 4 Dead that someone was going to mod the game and show off her breats though they did it not by removing the shirt but by letting it go through the laundry with about a hundred razer blades.

Image number 12: I did not realize Alyx Vance had that nice of a chest, maybe I've just never looked or maybe because I am not much of a Half-Life 2 fan and bought the Orange box mostly for Portal.

KDR_11k

Feb 10, 2009
PC Action started throwing women on the cover for no reason years ago (even when they had nothing to do with the game) so that's just them being themselves. The only notable feature of the mag was that it came out in the middle of a month instead of the beginning so you could get it in addition to another mag to shorten your news delay to 2 weeks.

Starke said:
Mr.Tea said:
Looking through the list, it becomes apparent that "Breasts/boobs" is a mistranslation... It's probable that the german word that was put through google translate is slang just like we would use "chick" or "broad" (Imagine a foreign language speaker putting these words through a translator and they would get "baby chicken" and "large", respectively).

I'm not 100% sure, but I do believe "Brueste" translates to "breasts". A direct translation of the title is "Breasts in computer and videogames."

The text below, I'm a little shakier on, babble fish translates "Ein Gang durch die Geschichte der Titte. Famos!" to "A course by the history of the Titte. Famos!" A better translation might be "A [something] through the history of tits."

I'm sorry, I don't know Gang or Famos, and I'm assuming that Titte is a cognate, which can be a huge mistake. Class would be a cognate "die Klasse, -n" which makes me slightly suspicious of it's translation of Gang.

BTW, as far as I can tell bablefish is flat out mistranslating "durch" as "by" it's nominally "through".

EDIT: "A journey through the history of breasts." Technically "Gang" does mean "course" but in this case, "journey" or "look" is probably a better substitute.
It means "a tour through the history of the tit", "Famos" is just a positive exclamation (like "hurray").

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
BE_01 said:
Christ! What game is No. #25 [http://www.pcaction.de/gallery/view/170/4019/87/#ac] from. Looks like her top shrunk in the wash!
I think that's from Damnation, but I'm not sure.
Ziren said:
Starke said:
Mr.Tea said:

Indeed, Brüste translates to breasts. And Titte is singular, so "Ein Gang durch die Geschichte der Titte. Famos!" would be "A journey thorugh the history of the tit. Excellent."

Anyway, to the topic at hand: You shouldn't really be surprised by this, PC Action is pretty much like the MAD-magazine (the new, shitty one) in terms of mature content. They even stole their "insult readers in your answers to letter to the editor"-shtick. Nobody takes it seriously here in Germany,
Danke. My sirname not withstanding my german's more than a little shakey. And my capitalization and spelling are hillariously inconsistant.

On the subject of "He died by accident", I can't help but think that's another example of a slight difference between the way the language works. "He died through an accident," as opposed to "Er starb bis einen Urfall" which honestly sounds fine to me, but, I guess that's my inexperience with the language.

The really good example of this kind of difference that comes to minde is "Ich mache Reise." It would be translated to english as "I'm taking a trip," or "I'm going on a trip." the litteral "I'm making a trip", usually sounds a little odd in english.

LeonLethality

Mar 10, 2009
Greg Tito said:
oneplus999 said:
You point out that it's a shameless attempt to get more clicks on his own site but of course skip mentioning that the Escapist is doing the exact same damn thing?
The Escapist News Room is nothing if not shameless.
it's true from what I have seen anything with remotely any shame is scrapped and the person who wrote it is fired on the spot

Hristo Petrov

Nov 11, 2009
The boobs in those pics are awesome too bad they are all fake and yes I am a male pig but now us male pigs have something against you girls namely shirtless indians courtesy of New Moon

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Ziren said:
Starke said:
Mr.Tea said:

Thank you kindly, my dear countryman. Now I don't have to come up with a response myself, the intended sarcasm and wit for which would be hard to dredge up for me right now due to a massive hangover.

All I can say is: You've done it again, Germany. Hooray for my country. -.-

karmapolizei

Sep 26, 2008
Born and raised German that I am, I can tell you that the state of German videogame journalism is HORRIBLE, and I don't even have a word to describe my contempt for German ONLINE videogame journalism. It sucks so bad you get brain cancer just reading it for five minutes. Even the most honorable attempts (of which neither pcaction.de nor its printed counterpart are examples) fail horribly by way of blatant greed, low copywriting standards and some serious misconceptions about the nature of online media. I'm not going on right now for the sake of my blood pressure, but just imagine a fountain of bile gushing over the length of an average Escpaist forums screen page, and you get the idea.

Tears of Blood

Jul 7, 2009
Amnestic said:
Boobs! Boobs galore! Boobs a-plenty! Boobabonanza!
Are you sure?

I am not so certain I saw any boobs there.

Could you point 'em out to me?

/sarcasm

OT: Also... Weak. Way weak. Oh, those Germans.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
boy that was poorly made, there where several girls from the same games, thats alright DoA beach volley ball got allot of material, and so do soulcaliber and tekken, but using several pictures of the same character, thats just lazy, and a little text to go whit each picture would had been nice, nothing fancy just like"x from y" in fat and then a little pun.

oh and i cant believe you can look at boobs all day and it counts as work as long as they are attached to videogame characters and you write your thoughts about them.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
BE_01 said:
shes from damnation, after realizing what an horrible game they made they saved it by making the hottest animated woman ever, oh and welcome to the escapist.

Greg Tito (hur hur, pun) i hope your happy, hes gonna be so disappointed once he realize the escapist isn't all about boobs.

i hope you will enjoy the well written articles, the fantastic videos (take a look at Apocalypse Lane, it will blow your mind hole), gaming news (it still counts as reading news) and the great forum, just give the forum some time, after awhile you will learn which threads to avoid.