Assassin's Creed Revelations Multiplayer Beta Heading Exclusively to PS3

Brian Albert

Aug 5, 2011
Assassin's Creed Revelations Multiplayer Beta Heading Exclusively to PS3

If you want to get in on the neck-stabbing and target-stalking of the Assassin's Creed Revelations multiplayer beta, you'd better have a PS3.

PS3 owners who are also PlayStation Plus or Ubisoft Uplay members will be the first to test out the Assassin's Creed Revelations multiplayer beta on September 3. Other PS3 owners will have to wait until September 12 to get in on the cat-and-mouse action.

Though Assassin's Creed Revelations will release simultaneously on the Xbox 360 and PC platforms as well, no betas for these versions have been announced.

Developer Ubisoft implemented a refreshing multiplayer mode into the series' latest installment, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. Critics lauded the inclusion for its precise gameplay and rewarding kills, but this time Ubisoft is looking to up the ante by adding more important and recognizable playable characters - some <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/110182-New-Assassins-Creed-Multiplayer-Characters-Come-Straight-From-the-Story>straight from the game's campaign. Last time, the characters largely came from minor side quests.

The beta will include access to nine characters, including The Sentinel, The Vanguard, The Guardian, The Vizier, The Thespian, The Deacon, The Bombadier, The Trickster, and The Champion.

Players will also have access to three maps (Knight's Hospital, Constantinople, and Antioch) as well as four game modes (Wanted, Manhunt, Deathmatch, and Artifact Assault).

Ubisoft has remained rather hush about juicy, multiplayer details, but we do know Artifact Assault is essentially a fancier-sounding Capture the Flag mode. Manhunt, which made an appearance in Brotherhood, splits the players into two teams. One team hunts; the other team hides.

I'm entirely unsure about this "Deathmatch."

Assassin's Creed Revelations is set for release on November 15.

Source: CVG

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
They did this with Brotherhood. I really enjoyed Brotherhood's multiplayer. And thank god I have a PS3. Might be able to get into the beta again this year.

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
Would deathmatch work with the sort of gameplay AC multiplayer offers? I really liked the stuff that was in Brotherhood, so hopefully they'll take what was good there and carry it across. Either way, I'm fairly sure it should be at least as enjoyable as before, and even if it isn't, the single player ought to be. If it isn't then there'll be a fairly sizeable problem. Oh well. There's always Skyrim. :D

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
....why would you make a beta exclusive to one console, when it will be on both and PC? Bah, me and my not having a PS3 are not pleased by this news. If this weren't Assassin's Creed I'd be considering canceling the pre-order....but it is AC, so you win this round.

Mar 9, 2010
I wouldn't want to spoil the goodness for myself, I've paid £70 for it and I'm getting my money's worth. I say good for them though, they'll have their fun, but they won't be playing as The Crusader or the Ottoman Jester. Yes, I will continue to lord this over all of you.

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
Even as an xbox owner, I'm kinda happy to see the PS3 get the exclusive beta thing for once. Obviously I'd be happier if every platform got every release simultaneously, but it seems that won't happen.

omega_peaches

Jan 23, 2010
As much as I would like it to be on both consoles, I am kinda glad it is on PS3 exclusive, to laugh at my PC elitest friends and Xbros I know

ph0b0s123

Jul 7, 2010
Nice to see the PS3 getting some love for once, it has been in short supply for that platform recently.

Nightrunex

Mar 16, 2011
We HAVE known about the PS3 exclusive beta for quite a long while now, but it seems more likely that not all 3 platforms are monitored due to the fact that they are still working on the game itself. They might not have time to do both. (Or so I hope)

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
still haven't been able to muster much interest in playing the AC Brotherhood multiplayer...will just be waiting for the campaign (and grizzly old Ezio)

Ryhzuo

Sep 19, 2010
OutrageousEmu said:
Isn't the point of a beta to get more data by getting as many people as possible into the beta? Why restrict it? This is completely missing the point of a beta.
The point of a beta is to play test, find bugs and report them back so the developers can fix it. The "get as many people into beta as possible" was not and has not ever been a part of beta testing. Games of old needed no more than a hundred or so players for all the feedback they needed.

And then a new generation of beta testers came along and started to realize that beta testing was really just a free preview of a game, and played it out of interest instead of genuinely wanted to contribute to the bug finding. Now the "free preview" mentality is so prevalent you'd need a thousand players just to have 50-60 devoted testers.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
Please tell me that "Deathmatch" is Free-For-All. I've been dying for some kind of Stabby McKnives every-man-for-himself bloodbath mode.

Warforger

Apr 24, 2010
Grey_Focks said:
....why would you make a beta exclusive to one console, when it will be on both and PC? Bah, me and my not having a PS3 are not pleased by this news. If this weren't Assassin's Creed I'd be considering canceling the pre-order....but it is AC, so you win this round.
Because they code the main game on the PS3 then port it to the PC and 360. Forgot the reason for this though.

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
They do these exclusives to boost the sales for the PS3 versions which don't sell as well. Plus Anvil always need more PS3 testing, it wasn't originally built to handle the PS3.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Well that's bullshit. I have a PS3 but I don't want to play it on that, I want to play it on my xbox. Why make it exclusive to one console when it's going to be out on PS3, Xbox and PC. All this is going to accomplish is pissing off a lot of people.