Trade In Battlefield 3 And Get Modern Warfare 3 For 99p

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Trade In Battlefield 3 And Get Modern Warfare 3 For 99p

Gamestop is capitalizing on the Call of Duty/Battlefield rivalry with a cheeky trade-in promotion.

Assuming you're over eighteen and currently living in the UK, all you have to do to be eligible for the promotion is buy Battlefield 3 [http://www.amazon.com/Battlefield-3-Limited-Pc/dp/B002I0HJZO] from Gamestop's online store [http://www.gamestop.co.uk/mw3for99p] before midnight October 27th, then buy Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 [http://www.amazon.com/Call-Duty-Modern-Warfare-Xbox-360/dp/B00503E8S2/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1319172549&sr=1-1] before midnight on November the 7th. Should Battlefield 3 fail to live up to your expectations, you can return it at any time up until November 18th and Gamestop will refund the money you spent on Modern Warfare 3, sans 99p.

What if you don't like Modern Warfare 3? Well, you're stuck. The deal doesn't work the other way around. Oh, and you PC gamers are out of luck too.

The promotion actually works out in Battlefield's favor. Regardless of the two shooters' endlessly-debated respective qualities, Call of Duty is a clear leader in terms of sales by quite a large margin. The promotion encourages the vast hordes of Call of Duty fans, many of which are not traditional gamers, to take a chance on the Battlefield franchise without the prospect of financial loss. This may produce some converts, or, and keep in mind this is merely wild speculation, there might be some who purchase and enjoy both games. It also allows for all kind of doubtlessly witty quips about how 99p for Modern Warfare 3 is still too expensive. What fun.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Yosharian said:
There are people who are going to play BF3 on a console?

Hah!
Look at it this way: Console gamers don't have to go to a fucking website or download Origin to play. And they get a server list inside the game.

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
Google is failing me and saying 99p is roughly 156 USD, which is absurdly expensive for any game.

So it's 1.56 USD, which would be reasonable if you still weren't paying the $60 for the game to begin with. Call it truncated logic, but I just see it as getting one game for $61.56 which jumps it back into the "too expensive for me" territory.

ZeZZZZevy

Apr 3, 2011
Grey Carter said:
there might be people who purchase and enjoy both games.
HA! Pure silliness, that's what that is. How could one person who loves a multiplayer-focused fps like another one that's a little different? Insanity.

OT: Seems good for both companies, and hey, maybe this will encourage people to try something new.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Sorry to disappoint you, Grey, but 99p is actually really cheap for an expansion pack.

Averant

Jul 6, 2010
Soviet Heavy said:
Yosharian said:

Hah!
Look at it this way: Console gamers don't have to go to a fucking website or download Origin to play. And they get a server list inside the game.
No kidding. And try to twitch shoot with a controller. It ain't easy! XD Lack of pinpoint accuracy makes the game better, I think. but I digress.

OT: It may get more sales of BF3, but it still seems like kind of a dick move from Activision. And a blatant one at that. Seriously, the bitchslapping these two companies throw at each other has me yelling at them to shut up and take it outside.

EDIT: Oh, wait, that's gamestop, not Activision. Nevermind, we already knew Gamestop's a ***** anyway.

PunkyMcGee

A Clever Title
Apr 5, 2010
DeadlyYellow said:
Google is failing me and saying 99p is roughly 156 USD, which is absurdly expensive for any game.

Please clarify.
"p" is like cents in USD. so it's about a buck fifty, i think.

Tanzka

Jan 7, 2009
DeadlyYellow said:

Please clarify.
.99 UK£ = 1.565091 U.S. dollars

// Ninja'd. TWICE. What is this.

Actually, am I the only one who isn't bothered by Origin? Or Battlelog?

Apr 28, 2008
DeadlyYellow said:

Please clarify.
I think the internet means $1.56, not $156

Soviet Heavy said:
Yosharian said:

Hah!
But... but... the game starts up real fast. And not a problem for some people. So therefore you are wrong and should stop complaining about having to install Origin, use it to launch your browser, and use that browser to play single or multi-player. What's the problem? You installed Steam for games, so therefore that mean's you're willing to install any other service to play any other game.

Fuckin' gamer logic man.

harvz

Jun 20, 2010
Soviet Heavy said:
Yosharian said:

Hah!
you just listed every reason i have for buying in on 360.

while it seems like it'll improve the quality of battlefield's community, I cant believe this is right. I can see CoD fanboys taking advantage of this.

Xanthious

Dec 25, 2008
You mean there is a difference between the two games? I figured they were the same old generic army game that's been regurgitated out by lazy developers for the past half decade in shiny new packages. I suppose your average shooter fan these days isn't bright enough to notice though. Then again your average shooter fan these days probably isn't capable of reading the advert . . .

All that being said, it sure would be swell if developers would stop tripping over themselves to be the first in line to blow the knuckle dragging unwashed masses and actually produce games of substance again. That'd just be fucking awesome.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Irridium said:
DeadlyYellow said:

Please clarify.
I think the internet means $1.56, not $156

Soviet Heavy said:
Yosharian said:

Hah!
But... but... the game starts up real fast. And not a problem for some people. So therefore you are wrong and should stop complaining about having to install Origin, use it to launch your browser, and use that browser to play single or multi-player. What's the problem? You installed Steam for games, so therefore that mean's you're willing to install any other service to play any other game.

Fuckin' gamer logic man.
I can't tell if your serious or not there, man. Worrying.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
DeadlyYellow said:

Please clarify.
P stands for pence, not pounds.

Sentox6

Jun 30, 2008
Yosharian said:

Hah!
kman123 said:
With all the crap EA has done to the PC version...sure, why not.
This. I have a pretty solid rig (i7 2600k, 8GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 6950, OCZ Agility 3). I'm getting BF3 for my 360. No Origin, no web-based server browser. Admittedly I'll have more friends to play with on my 360, but the aforementioned issues were what pushed me over the fence.

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
There it is!

I was wondering why the CoD developers were remaining so quiet about Battlefield's whiny campaign.

Good to know both of you guys are now at the same level of scumbaggery.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
See what they are trying to do is ruin Battlefield 3 by injecting a horde of deathmatch addicted CoD players who only care about K/D ratios and don't play the objective.