A BioShock Infinite Primer

PayneTrayne

Filled with ReLRRgious fervor.
Dec 17, 2009
Two things: One: I came here because Moviebob told me to. I was having him sign a Canadian flag whilst he was having a conversation with you, and he highly suggested your articles. Just letting you know I never break my promises.

Two: REALLY interesting read, especially as a history major in Uni.

BakedZnake

Sep 27, 2010
Shocksplicer said:
Farther than stars said:
Shocksplicer said:
Farther than stars said:
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
Welcome to the US of A...

Many people look at their country and say "I've never seen our government in such bad shape." Germany and the US do not have this problem.
Actually, Germany's doing quite well right now. Economically speaking you could say that it's in the best shape of all the Western nations.
As an Australian I can tell you that our government and economists often claim that we have the strongest economy post-GFC. This probably just indicates that nobody really came out on top... :/
Ah, you're absolutely right. It looks like I fell for the common mistake of forgetting Australia as being part of the West, since it doesn't border the Atlantic. But I definitely agree that there's a case to be made for Australia's economy. Natural resources certainly top Germany, but then your buying power is a lot less, which is a major factor in determining economic flexibility. However, I would agree that, in broad strokes, having a debt of 30% relative to GDP is better than a debt of 87%. So I would amend my earlier statement to say that Germany has the second-strongest economy of Western nations. ;)
Someone conceding a point... ON THE INTERNET? INCONCEIVABLE! :p
But yeah, perfectly understandable to forget about Australia when talking about "The West", considering that we're basically in the Far East. I've always found it a bit confusing that people use the term "The West", when they basically mean The First World.
I think you actually mean developed countries, first world only applies to Nato supporting countries, whereas warsaw-pact countries are 2nd world, and alas 3rd world being neutral countries. So I guess Switzerland is a 3rd world country right?

Robert Rath

Oct 8, 2010
PayneTrayne said:
Two things: One: I came here because Moviebob told me to. I was having him sign a Canadian flag whilst he was having a conversation with you, and he highly suggested your articles. Just letting you know I never break my promises.

Two: REALLY interesting read, especially as a history major in Uni.
Hey I totally remember that. Thanks for dropping by! Sorry it took me so long to see your comment -- getting back on track after PAX was pretty intense.