A Capella Group Performs Portal 2 Opera

Vanbael

Arctic fox and BACON lover
Jun 13, 2009
It was beautiful.
*sheds tear*
You know, listening to this has taught me a valuable lesson...but I need science to confirm it.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
That is awesome! Love it - The woman sounds almost exactly the same.

I am so glad people recognise this song - I wish it had been longer!

Elate

Nov 21, 2010
That was noticeably different but still fantastic.

Torrasque said:
Its too bad that the bass isn't that prominent, but this is still excellent.
I agree, it wasn't quite as fast paced nearing the end either, which is my favorite part :p

Hawknight

Jun 8, 2010
An all guys group at my college did this too this weekend and when I read the title I was really excited for a second that they were on here. This was good but some of the processed bits like right at the beginning and around 30 seconds in bothered me. Other than that it was great.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
Ah, that song just made my day at the end of Portal 2. It was the icing on the cake, (if you'll excuse the saying) the grand crescendo too the whole thing. One final showing of the insanity inside the aperture facilities making it an oddly tearful fair well from the banes of my existence in the first game.

Xyless

Nov 14, 2007
I really hope this song is fleshed out (no pun intended) if they release the soundtrack. 2 minutes feels far too short, especially for an opera piece, and I'd love to hear Ellen's voice more.

Dragonborne88

Oct 26, 2009
I've always loved Acapella covers of videogame songs. Well, I love Acapella in general, but this was really well done. The song sounds very pretty the way they did it.

Riddle78

Jan 19, 2010
Glorious. Simply glorious. It's beautiful! I applaud the Capella Group team. They done a beautiful job.

Iznat

Feb 13, 2010
This song made me cry when I finish Portal 2, and it made me tear up here too.

This is fantastic <3

Bagged Milk

Jan 5, 2011
I'm GLaD I'm not the only one who cried because of this. I thought my manhood was gone for sure :p

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
A sublime performance. Bravo!

(Though I do wish I could hear it completely a capella, without the sfx they threw in.)

Lungo

Feb 9, 2008
FINALLY! I could by it and get it on my ipod! That piece of music with that ending, just made it all soo awe inspiring and unforgettable for me. It was the perfect ending for that story, and everything there are just priceless.
A great applause for Gabe Newell to trust those students to make Portal, for what they did with it in Portal 2, the great voice casting, and finally great special applause to the group Acquire, for preforming this piece of art and Mike Morasky for making it.

Recognize game as more that just some kids tool, are just so much closer to be true, with something as this behind you.

This is art.