A city you would like to see a game set in

Buddahcjcc

Sep 22, 2008
Fallout: Orlando (imagine Disney/Universal in Post apocalyptic theme)

Or the guy from Red Faction on 360 steps into a timewarp and get sent to Disneyworld (man wouldnt I love to take the sledgehammer to EPCOT)

theaceplaya

Jul 20, 2009
Buddahcjcc said:
Ponch said:
HG131 said:
a bullet to the brainpan (squish!).
Was that Serenity?
That WAS Serenity. River's line. She has so many good ones

Greatest movie EVER.
'I swallowed a bug.'
'Let's be bad guys.'
'I aims to misbehave.'
'She is disturbing my calm.'

I could go on for hours.

Bonus: 'Oh no no... I lean toward women-folk.' Not from the movie but one of my favorite lines anyway.

DuncanDisorderly

Mar 24, 2010
GTA:Birmingham (UK)

England's second largest city.
You could Drive round the Bullring & Spaghetti Junction.
There's more canals than Venice; ideal for getaways.

AgentBJ09

May 24, 2010
theaceplaya said:
There are a good amount of games set in/based on New York City. Now, I understand why, New York is large, diverse and has numerous landmarks that are instantly recognizable. But, seriously, the ENTIRE WORLD is at your disposal. There are plenty of cities and other areas that just ooze with character.

I'm from Houston, TX, I'd love to see an open world type game set here. I think zipping around Downtown and dodging traffic on I-45 would be awesome. Not to mention punching a hobo along US 59. Always wanted to do that. Anyone else have a favorite city/ area that they'd love to see digitized?
I second that.

Apr 29, 2010
theaceplaya said:
There are a good amount of games set in/based on New York City. Now, I understand why, New York is large, diverse and has numerous landmarks that are instantly recognizable. But, seriously, the ENTIRE WORLD is at your disposal. There are plenty of cities and other areas that just ooze with character.

I'm from Houston, TX, I'd love to see an open world type game set here. I think zipping around Downtown and dodging traffic on I-45 would be awesome. Not to mention punching a hobo along US 59. Always wanted to do that. Anyone else have a favorite city/ area that they'd love to see digitized?
A game set in Houston? Hell to the yes, I want to see this done. Quick, we need to get a team together to make this game a reality. But, thinking about it, if it's a GTA game, we might run into problems.

MrJohnson

May 13, 2009
GTA: The Entire State of Iowa

Only six million people short of the population of NYC. The majority of the game world would just be fields.

imaloony

Nov 19, 2009
This is a little known fact, but nearly ever video game ever takes place in Seattle, Washington. Where else could SO MUCH rain fall in a city?

Get_A_Grip_

May 9, 2010
Count Igor said:
Dublin.
Yeeeaaah. Gettin' drunk an' all!
WITH A PONY!

Seriously though, it wouldn't work I guess. Imagine GTA. You go in, grab someone and throw them out of the car. All normal.
But then the guy you just threw out would get back up, smash your head in with a bottle, then beat the crap out of you.
What's that? Of course the Irish are good fighters, what do you think they do after getting drunk in a bar?
Hell, even the elderly women would kick the shit out of you aswell.

Akihiko

Raincoat Killer
Aug 21, 2008
I'd go for anything other than the US. Not saying I dislike it or anything, I just feel it's overused. I wouldn't want to see a game set in the UK either. Anywhere foreign sounds good to me, a new place that I haven't seen before.

captain underpants

Jun 8, 2010
Pretty much anywhere outside the US would be tops. Does anyone know of any game ever that's been set anywhere in Australia?

Since we're not just talking GTA style games, I'd like to see a Test Drive Unlimited game set in Tasmania. Not as exotic as Oahu, or Ibiza, true, but awesome roads for drivers nonetheless. Look up Targa Tasmania on Youtube for reference.

Other than that, the possibilities are endless. Athens, Rome, Cairo, Hong Kong, Rio De Janiro, Sydney, just to name a few, would all be awesome locations for games. Small towns have potential too. How about a game in the vein of Hot Fuzz? And put me down for a Royston Vasey rpg too :)

almostgold

Dec 1, 2009
HG131 said:
almostgold said:
HG131 said:
thegreatkingofsouthafrica said:
Well come on guys, there is only one city that would be beyond fascinating and would kick ass vitualized and that's CLEVELAND!!!
Only if we get to kill the Browns /steelersfan.
A thousands times this.
Thanks!
Any chance to dog on the Browns, I'm there. Go Pitt.

Also, about the New York Comment, Crysis 2 takes place in NYC, but looks like its gonna pull off an extraordinary setting.