A city you would like to see a game set in

theaceplaya

Jul 20, 2009
There are a good amount of games set in/based on New York City. Now, I understand why, New York is large, diverse and has numerous landmarks that are instantly recognizable. But, seriously, the ENTIRE WORLD is at your disposal. There are plenty of cities and other areas that just ooze with character.

I'm from Houston, TX, I'd love to see an open world type game set here. I think zipping around Downtown and dodging traffic on I-45 would be awesome. Not to mention punching a hobo along US 59. Always wanted to do that. Anyone else have a favorite city/ area that they'd love to see digitized?

Dahni

Lemon Meringue Tie
Aug 18, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland.

A game that is GTA-styled would be immense in Glasgow.
or one of those True Crime games?

We're the murder capital of Europe for crying out loud! We've got drugs galore, crime all over the place, we've got nice bits and we've got downright shitty bits. We've got gangs too. Plus, for most non-Scottish people, our accents are bloody terrifying! What could be scarier than a burly Scottish junkie holding a knife to your throat?

Nah but seriously, I do think Glasgow would be a pretty good setting for a game like that.

Captain Pirate

Nov 18, 2009
I agree, Glasgow would make for a great GTA style game.
Also anywhere in Ireland. I don't think there are any games set in Ireland... ever... at all... in the world.
Maybe somewhere like Baghdad, or some other middle-eastern city, accept for once you aren't an American shooting the locals.
Modern Moscow'd be cool, too. All these ones I've said would make for interesting sandboxers, now that I think about it...

May 28, 2009
Dahni said:
Glasgow, Scotland.

A game that is GTA-styled would be immense in Glasgow.
or one of those True Crime games?

We're the murder capital of Europe for crying out loud! We've got drugs galore, crime all over the place, we've got nice bits and we've got downright shitty bits. We've got gangs too. Plus, for most non-Scottish people, our accents are bloody terrifying! What could be scarier than a burly Scottish junkie holding a knife to your throat?

Nah but seriously, I do think Glasgow would be a pretty good setting for a game like that.
The obligatory Glasgow joke is that you don't need a GTA set in Glasgow - all you have to do is go there!

*Mandatory chortling...*

Sorry about that.

I'd like one set in Johannesburg. There's shitloads of crime going on in South Africa I hear. Might as well give Joburg a go. District 9 comes to mind.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I'd like a game set in Detroit, USA that also has some sections taking place in Windsor, Canada (the two cities are farting distance from each other). Preferably a GTA-type game.

Count Igor

May 5, 2010
Dublin.
Yeeeaaah. Gettin' drunk an' all!
WITH A PONY!

Seriously though, it wouldn't work I guess. Imagine GTA. You go in, grab someone and throw them out of the car. All normal.
But then the guy you just threw out would get back up, smash your head in with a bottle, then beat the crap out of you.
What's that? Of course the Irish are good fighters, what do you think they do after getting drunk in a bar?

Meggiepants

Not a pigeon roost
Jan 19, 2010
Any large city would be neat. Tokyo, Mexico City, Mumbai, I'd like to play a game with a little international flavor.

Well, international to me anyway, since New York is already international for some people.

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
How about some Russian city? There's the feeling of "exotic" and stuff, and developers could either make it realistic or "cranberry"-style stereotypical. There's the combination of pre-revolution historical buildings, monumental Stalinist architecture, and bland post-war constructions. Both steppes and pinewoods are quite beautiful environments. Lastly, Russia is BIG, and relatively unknown to Western audiences - a made-up city wouldn't look out of place.

Ekit

Oct 19, 2009
Gothenburg.

Or at least Sweden, I don't know of any game that is set in Sweden

Tiswas

Jun 9, 2010
Anywhere but the US. Nothing against it but it just seems to be over-used. As is Tokyo.

I'd like to see GTA: Isle of Man myself. Or GTA: Royston Vasey (biscuit if you get it.)

And then add some surrounding cities.

dragonslayer32

Jan 11, 2010
Tiswas said:
Anywhere but the US. Nothing against it but it just seems to be over-used. As is Tokyo.

I'd like to see GTA: Isle of Man myself. Or GTA: Royston Vasey (biscuit if you get it.)

surely gta royston vasey would be a local game for local people?

Vet2501

Mighty Morphin' Power Ranger
Nov 9, 2009
Well being Scottish I want to see a game in a Scottish city, either Glasgow or Edinburgh. I think it would be great to get the Fallout series out of America to se how the rest of the world survived. Come on Bethesda, give us Fallout Scotland.

Blueruler182

May 21, 2010
Minas Tirith, sandbox. Oh, a real location... I guess Vancouver, since I live around here. If you really want to fuck with people, go Maple Ridge. Nobody will know where that is, and it's small enough that you could get an accurate model. Sponsored by Tim Hortins. This is a real Canadian game. Sandbox street hockey.

Jack_Uzi

Mar 18, 2009
dragonslayer32 said:
Tiswas said:

surely gta royston vasey would be a local game for local people?
Can I call you guys Dave?

*Edit: Amsterdam would be nice too. But it isn't a large city compared to NY or London. But would be nice to see.