A few thoughts about January 6, 2021

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I think that would be for a finder of fact (typically juror but can be the judge) to determine (when has a line been crossed and a person moved to commit a crime they would not otherwise commit. And it is subjective. What if the person in question is highly suggestible?
No, once again that's not how that works.

Someone being highly suggestible has absolutely no bearing on whether entrapment has occurred. The standard is whether a reasonable person would act in the same way. Not this specific individual, a reasonable person.

Entrapment is is used as a defense very narrowly and would not apply in any way to any of the made up scenarios you have presented as in none of your scenarios were the capitol rioters ever compelled to carry out any of their crimes.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
Lying about your sick mother seems pretty repugnant to me, as it appeals to morality and alleviating human suffering.

This is just my opinion, so no need to jump down my throat about it.
Houseman, I actually agree with you here on a moral level. The War on Drugs is bullshit.

I (obviously) didn't write the example, but it seems the primary point is that lying, even sympathetically, isn't legally enough to count as entrapment.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Fucking hell, these fascist pieces of shit, playing this clip to a sea of silent compliant believers. I don't know where it's from, but it's something to do with Tillman? Either way the actual words and intent are plain psychotic in this context. They're encouraging a nationist adrenaline-fueled blood-lust, not even trying to veil it. I can't describe the rest sufficiently. This rally is seriously a concerning progression.

IMG_20210823_003640.jpg

IMG_20210823_003727.jpg

IMG_20210823_003816.jpg

IMG_20210823_003918.jpg

IMG_20210823_004005.jpg

Ppl need to keep an eye on these fuckers, Christ.

Reactions: BrawlMan

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I don't know where it's from....
That's the introductory clip from the movie Patton. Did Trump or his organizers license the movie to show it to so many people, I wonder?

And it's no surprise they would try to lean on General Patton; he slapped a soldier who was hospitalized for mental trauma, and considered PTSD (then known as "shell shock") to be "cowardice". His brand of "God is with us and hates our enemy, now go forth and kill without mercy" mentality sits well with the Trump crowd, who think that military strength is what makes a country "great".

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
No, once again that's not how that works.

Someone being highly suggestible has absolutely no bearing on whether entrapment has occurred. The standard is whether a reasonable person would act in the same way. Not this specific individual, a reasonable person.

Entrapment is is used as a defense very narrowly and would not apply in any way to any of the made up scenarios you have presented as in none of your scenarios were the capitol rioters ever compelled to carry out any of their crimes.
Yeah, looked it up. You are right about the reasonable person standard. The rest, I doubt there is black letter law on it.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Fucking hell, these fascist pieces of shit, playing this clip to a sea of silent compliant believers. I don't know where it's from, but it's something to do with Tillman? Either way the actual words and intent are plain psychotic in this context. They're encouraging a nationist adrenaline-fueled blood-lust, not even trying to veil it. I can't describe the rest sufficiently. This rally is seriously a concerning progression.

View attachment 4326

View attachment 4327

View attachment 4328

View attachment 4329

View attachment 4330

Do you think the estate of George C. Scott can sue for this?

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
It's from the movie Patton.

That's the introductory clip from the movie Patton. Did Trump or his organizers license the movie to show it to so many people, I wonder?

And it's no surprise they would try to lean on General Patton; he slapped a soldier who was hospitalized for mental trauma, and considered PTSD (then known as "shell shock") to be "cowardice". His brand of "God is with us and hates our enemy, now go forth and kill without mercy" mentality sits well with the Trump crowd, who think that military strength is what makes a country "great".
Ah, thankylu, that puts things into perspective, aligns and makes a lot of sense. With an added layer of tastelessness because of course.
It was chilling seeing the tire crowd in silence lapping it up off a giant screen, as it was played just before trump was promised to appear on stage to speak, so they were in a more excited and suggestive state of receptivity before it started, while later chanting - not shouting or screaming - actual paced chanting "We. Love. You." to trump's waffle even though he talks to them like they're children with such a condescending voice. Is seriously some weird fascist dystopian scenes, not a pleasant watch. And there's no way he isn't running again next elections. American voters need to not let their guard down here at all.
Perhaps. Depends if they agree with its use or not. And if they care enough about it too. There's a lot of wealthy people who love voting (and indeed funding) conservative no matter how terrible the candidates may be.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Not a chance. It's a film sequence, and the rights will firmly stand with the company that owns the film.

Besides, politicians have long trampled the shit out of such things. They don't bother for a minute seeking approval for the songs they use, and no-one ever manages to sue them (badly enough) to make them do otherwise.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Fun fact for those that live in Oregon. There are compounds of extremists around the state.

And also around the northwest.

Edit: More articles

Extra extra proof

They are based in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming. So if a civil war broke out avoid those state's rural areas.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Speaking of Oregon and Jan 6th, bunch of Proud Boys traveled to Portland to take over an abandoned Kmart parking lot to assault random people, flip over some cars, take a few potshots at antifa, and demand the release of "political prisoners"

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
They might as well play these songs while they are there:

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Speaking of Oregon and Jan 6th, bunch of Proud Boys traveled to Portland to take over an abandoned Kmart parking lot to assault random people, flip over some cars, take a few potshots at antifa, and demand the release of "political prisoners"
Assaulted a minister, exchanged fire with a plainclothes police officer in the middle of the street, destroyed multiple vehicles and assaulted a passenger, etc. Around a hundred guys but they got kid gloves compared to night where Antifa burned their own mattress for kicks (also was around a hundred guys). But whatever, this is just what Portland is now, cops and proud boys coming in from out of town to abuse the holding cell inmates while the mayor requests that we “choose love” and his donors hire them as private security.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020

The thread goes on but can't post it all here due to the format causing unnecessary repetition.

Some influential names are starting to be pulled in at long last, sort of.

Not looking forward to the cult's responses after this though. They have been rallied by influencers including even trump that she is a martyr for their "cause"

Last edited:

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
They also declared her an "Antifa double agent" the instant it was politically expedient to do so.
Oh they do that with every incident now. Even the last trump-supporting bomb suspect in DC recently had claims of them being antifa false flag started cropping up minutes after reporting.

Talking of antifa false flag operations, seems the Jan 6 lawsuit is setting sights on the big bois

A lot more info in the second one that won't fit in a single post though.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Lt. Michael Byrd on Shooting Capitol Rioter Ashli Babbitt: It Was a 'Last Resort'

They all did their job. All those cops stopped a coup d'etat from terrorist, who could not handle the truth, cuz they couldn't handle the fact that their dick hole of leader lost the election. A bunch of sore losers.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Lt. Michael Byrd on Shooting Capitol Rioter Ashli Babbitt: It Was a 'Last Resort'

I appreciate they went with that part as the headline. I think the whole interview is pretty reasonable, but a lot of sites went with "I know I saved countless lives" as the headline, and in a vacuum that quote comes off pretty poorly. The reluctance to shoot is an important factor.