A Game Idea In One Sentence

Popido

Oct 21, 2010
DaBozz said:
Popido said:
3D platformer with cartoonish main character collecting gems and saving the world.Zelda wind waker
Game within odd world where you will meet odd people doing odd stuff. oddworld?
Lovecraft. Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
Tactical shooter from Tom Clancy.Rainbow six ?
First person adventure game. Morrowind?
Point&Click. Sam and Max, Zack and Wiki, grim fandango ect
MMOFPS. borderlands
Co-op RPG. eternal sonata (kinda)
FPSRPG.Fallout3
And a game that you can own when bought.
? :)
There needs to be moar and different and no.

cgentero

Nov 5, 2010
I have a few

Survival Horror game with a mode for a roguelike save system, deleting the save when loaded and an inability to make a copy.

Game that when booted up uses the consoles internal clock to determine the time of day and season, then represents them in the outdoors environments in-game.

I'll try to remember more later.

beefpelican

Apr 15, 2009
FarleShadow said:
What do you call a man who has murdered his family and armed himself with a battleaxe and half a pint of methylated spirits?
May I pretend that this man took 1/2 pint of the souls of the dead and attached a CH3 group to them?

Nuuu

Jan 28, 2011
You Are the Villan.

I want a game where you can play two different story modes as the hero or the villain. I want to fight off the heroes blowing up my ship... just imagine your favorite game that had a hero and a villain, and imagine your controlling the villain fighting off the heroes (no you don't have an inevitable death)

Edit: Another idea, wouldn't it be a nice idea to be playing as Wesker in RE instead of the usual old heroes?

Sandytimeman

Brain Freeze...yay!
Jan 14, 2011
Maybe this is our whole problem with some of the shitty games. Some executive at EA goes: What does a good game sound like...use only one sentence and will figure the rest out in post. or something along those lines.

easternflame

Cosmic Rays of Undeadly Fire
Nov 2, 2010
I've been thinking about this for a long long time.
Apocalypse with your child, save him and cross the wasteland

Googooguru

Jan 27, 2010
Character is a man eating Budgie that is receiving instructions from a radioactive Oyster Mushroom and your mission is to sit in your cage and Stay perfectly still for the whole game; while the mushroom sings to you

Magicman10893

Aug 3, 2009
-A mix between Saints Rows awesomeness and customization and GTA4's realism and great story.

-An RPG that has a campaign that lasts 30-40 hours without sidequests.

I have to stress this one because I have a friend that gets an RPG and does very few of the sidequests and thinks he does them all and then ends up beating the game before me even though I got it days before him. I got Fable 3 and spent 20 hours exploring, doing sidequests, hunting for collectibles and everything and he did enough quests to progress the story and pretty much beat it twice before I beat it once.. and I got it on release and he got it 3 days later.

Now with Dragon Age 2 I spent two days of 16 hours back-to-fucking-back exploring and doing every sidequest I could find (I even kept returning to the mine and kept getting sidequests even though they weren't made apparent to me by the game) and I still haven't finished the game, he got it today and was already through the Expedition into the Deep Roads in 6 hours.

-A basketball game with realistic physics and an actual story.

I also have to further explain this one. I was thinking of a street basketball game that included things like the build of the players into their skill. Taller players are better at shooting and layups, but their height makes them more susceptible to injury (the bigger they are, the harder they fall). Bigger/Fatter players are better at defense because it is harder for the other players to see around them, yet they are slower. Also include a system of to gauge the player's temper. A hotshot player does good, but when they mess up they get angry, which in turn causes them to mess up more and eventually a brawl could start when two pissed off players go head to head. A calm and relaxed player that doesn't treat the game so seriously doesn't do as good, but when they mess up it doesn't get to them, resulting in a more steady performance.

t3h br0th3r

May 7, 2009
you play a guy whos lost in the woods and trying to survive but develops superpowers, thus making survial easy and allowing him to kill the Uber Litch responsible for the zombie apoloips that happen while you were lost in the woods unable to contact the now non-exsistan society.

RUN-ON FTW!!!

bader0

Dec 7, 2010
mireko said:
Set in the modern day, a young witch conquers earth with the power of song, acid techno and fireballs (with themed levels for different countries/continents).

Layzor said:
Dinosaur island survival horror.
Dino Crisis.
wow im pretty sure i teared up at the mention of techno and fireballs in the same game i think you win