A Game Idea In One Sentence

HK-42

Mar 8, 2011
Plazmatic said:
HK-42 said:
Nackl of Gilmed said:
You ARE the quest-giver.

Think about that for five minutes.
Observation: I must note that a game like that has already been made. My master enjoyed it before his untimely death. Oh how I liked to watch as he made the organic meat-worms slave for him.

Statement: A game about killing hu-men with blasters as a robot...oh, an advanced assasination droid can dream...
troll, you better stop.

These aren't the role play forums, if your going to do that go somewhere else.
Mockery: Oh, you liquid filled little sad thing. Doesn't your chassis include a humor chip?
Statement: If I could get free from this basement, I would blast you until your organic shell had nothing left to blast...

DanielDeFig

Oct 22, 2009
LordOrin said:
DanielDeFig said:
You just died, the only problem is, you seem to have difficulties staying dead (Vampire/zombie).
Planescape: Torment.
It's awesome.
Yeah i know it's been done before, i just don't know about that many great ones. I'll look up Planescape: Torment, thanks!

LandoCristo

Apr 2, 2010
OldRat said:
Goblins, kobolds and other summarily murdered fantasy hate crime targets get their shit together and strike back at their loathsome oppressors and executioners, the decadent adventurers.

Or as I'd also like to call it, "Fantasy guerilla warfare from the real oppressed underdog's perspective."

Because a goblin is a terrible thing to waste.
I was thinking about this earlier while playing LoTR: Battle for Middle Earth II with some friends. Why is it ok when the white-people invade and destroy some people that look different to take what they can get, but the goblins and trolls are always the evil, war-loving race of monsters? Maybe they only became war-mongering after the rich white men kicked them out of their ancestral lands, so they aim to retake back what was once their by force.

FarleShadow

Oct 31, 2008
beefpelican said:
FarleShadow said:
What do you call a man who has murdered his family and armed himself with a battleaxe and half a pint of methylated spirits?
May I pretend that this man took 1/2 pint of the souls of the dead and attached a CH3 group to them?
The souls are just free floating OH?

LordOrin

Feb 19, 2009
DanielDeFig said:
LordOrin said:
DanielDeFig said:
You just died, the only problem is, you seem to have difficulties staying dead (Vampire/zombie).
Planescape: Torment.
It's awesome.
Yeah i know it's been done before, i just don't know about that many great ones. I'll look up Planescape: Torment, thanks!
Actually a sandbox game where you play as a vampire and climb walls and stuff could be pretty awesome, provided it wasn't based on the Twilight series.

Jaime_Wolf

Jul 17, 2009
A horror game in which you play a normal person surrounded by normal people, but you slowly come to realise that they all harbour some deep hatred of you for some unknown reason.

theguitarhero6

Nov 21, 2009
A SPEC-OPs group sent to uncover the ruins within the Mountains of Madness which leads them to the slow unveiling of the Cthlhu Mythos as well as the age-old origins of the Great Old Ones with a brilliant physics engine, stunnig graphics and a plot/narrative that will encapsulate the most seasoned player, awe any gaming audience, and convert nonbelievers to the pre-human phenomena!
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!!
I'm sorry about that.
Got a bit carried away.
Aw well, a man can dream......

realslimshadowen

Aug 28, 2010
A fantasy RPG where: 1) the story does not have "good guys" and "bad guys", and your character, a marvelous new character type I call a "protagonist", can choose to join one of multiple factions or go it alone; 2) the story does not center around the destruction of the world, though it does have a major event, such as a burgeoning war between two powers; 3) you can tackle the problem however you want, joining one side or the other, working as a merc and playing both sides against the middle, or trying to stop the war outright by uncovering the causes and working as a diplomat; 4) allows a pacifist run and a "put on your murderin' clothes because it's murdertime" run and everything in-betwween; 5) has almost no redundant gameplay (i.e. filler); 6) lasts around 30 hours for the first seven or so playthroughs until you've exhausted all options; 7) goes with graphics that are the high end...of last-gen, for the purpose of allowing everyone to play it.

...why are you all looking at me like that? It's a sentence.

MrJoyless

May 26, 2010
A first person shooter that mixes destructibility, fast pace, balance, teamwork, combined arms (vehicles, foot, and air) and large dedicated servers.

basically - Call of Bad Company: Battlefield Ops

Tomo Stryker

Aug 20, 2010
First Person Real Time Strategy. Ask me and I will pontificate ( I feel so special using large words).

beefpelican

Apr 15, 2009
FarleShadow said:
beefpelican said:
FarleShadow said:
What do you call a man who has murdered his family and armed himself with a battleaxe and half a pint of methylated spirits?
May I pretend that this man took 1/2 pint of the souls of the dead and attached a CH3 group to them?
The souls are just free floating OH?
I guess if you take "methylated" to mean mixed with methyl alcohol then yes. I took it to mean "containing a methyl group as a substituent." Both are true and I like mine better :p