A gaming character to befriend

Grimfolse

Feb 28, 2011
Ayla would be a lot of fun at parties (points to avatar).

Tali from Mass Effect would also be awesome, but probably the most awesome choice is Varric from Dragon Age II.

FreebirdLegend

Feb 3, 2011
Alma from F.E.A.R if she wouldn't kill me. But it would be creepy to have her as a friend. She would be wherever you are. Hmm how about Strelok from S.T.A.L.K.E.R call of pripyat? He seems like a pretty cool guy. Plus he can always tell you some pretty good stories of his time in the zone and he can hold his own against the unknown. So ya I guess I will go with Strelok.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
hmm.. Gordon Freeman. He'd be smart enough to help me with my homework without complaining.
Sean Hollyman said:
Oooh that's a tough one.

Going to cheat here, Goku from one of the DBZ Games. He seems like he'd be cool to hang out with, heheheh..
He'll definitely have time for you since he neglects his families.

Amaror

Apr 15, 2011
Joker, from Mass Effect.
Funny, good friend, and generaly likeable, what more could you want.

OctoH

Feb 14, 2011
Captain Price. Share some lager and have a buddy to back me up in any brawl. Also, I will always know where he is thanks to a big "Follow" tag over him.

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
Lumber Barber said:
The Medic, of course!
He's the only nice guy in TF2(Though that's arguable).
I think the Sniper's definitely more sane, and I'd rather not have him do some surgery on me and leave a bird in my chest.

OT: Rikku from FFX-2. Judging by FFX, she seems fun to be around, she'd have all her outfits (and thus different abilities) from FFX-2, and I'm pretty sure she's legal in X-2.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
can I choose my gen 5 pokemon team and my croconaw KRANK! from my soulsilver save? i was going to say someone from persona but it would be a bit redundant...

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
Just think of the number of protagonists who literally traverse entire worlds to save their friends. Any one of those would do.

Funnily enough, I wouldn't befriend any of my Skyrim characters except my Khajiit mercenary because they all have incomplete Ebony Blades and haven't done Boethiah's quest. 0_0

I thought about Kratos, but even as a friend, he'd probably rather have a shield or bridge or projectile than a friend. You don't want to be the first thing to hand when he needs a blunt object.

So in the end, Ryu from Ninja Gaiden. Nuff said.

ThatLankyBastard

Aug 18, 2010
I'm stuck between Liara from Mass Effect and Emi from Katawa Shoujo...

...completely different personalities/games/races and both chosen for pretty much the same reason...

cthulhumythos

Aug 28, 2009
Steinar Valsson said:
If you were to choose any game character to be friends with, who would it be and why?

As my profile picture suggests, it would be Gordon Freeman for me. If I ever have trouble in my study of physics or computers, I'd ask him. If he could talk back that is...
Ridley, from metroid. Because he is the way coolest character of the series, on account of being a dragon.

Kyr Knightbane

Jan 3, 2012
Altair!

Why has no-one picked him yet? He could teach me to be an Assassin and i could sick him on the assholes who used to pick on me in high school
"Take that Scum!"
"Was he a Templar?"
"Balls no, he was a prick, THATS a templar"

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
Are visual novels considered games for all intents and purposes of this thread?

If so then I'd befriend Lilly and Hanako from Katawa Shoujo (It's impossible to just be friends with just one, so I must have both and I'll have it no other way).

If not then Cthulhu from Cthulhu Saves the World. Because it's Cthulhu.

CarlsonAndPeeters

Mar 18, 2009
I always felt like I could be really good friends with Jade from Beyond Good and Evil. She seems like a genuinely kind person, and we could travel around and take pictures and save orphans and stuff.

TheKruzdawg

Apr 28, 2010
Hmmm... I think I'd have to say that Zoey from L4D would probably be fun to hang out, minus having to deal with zombies all the time. We both enjoy zombie movies at least.

HK-47 would be fun, but only if I was his master. I could listen to him call other people "meatbags" all day long and it would always be funny. Always.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
I would have to say Ratchet and Clank, if only to get hold of the R.Y.N.O.2. However, if they're busy with whatever they're doing (I haven't played any of the recent games because I don't own a PS3) I'll go with Jak and Daxter.
RJ 17 said:
Joke answer: Cave Johnson so I could borrow his combustable lemons and burn people's houses down. :D

Real Answer: Chell so I could borrow her portal gun. That thing would be frickin' sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet in real life.
Just make sure you also barrow her boots when you use the portal gun. And who doesn't want combustible lemons?

Frostbyte

Jan 1, 2012
Actually, scratch my last answer, I'd pick either Batman, or Mr. Mundy. Let's see if anyone knows who that is!