A Genie comes to you and gives you three wishes. What do you wish for?

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
Omnipotence, a sandwich and then the genie could go on their merry way.

springheeljack

Red in Tooth and Claw
May 6, 2010
1. The ability to transform into any real or fictional creature that has ever been imagined. (While keeping my consciousness and sense of self of course. Oh and I would have all the abilities of that creature while I was transformed)
2. The ability to travel to any fictionalized world at will (And it to be the fully realized vision not the version that might have been shown on screen. Let's say I travel to Morrowind. It would look like what Morroiwnd was fully intended to look like not through the guise of 2002 era graphics. Oh and I would be able to dictate which era of that fictionalized world I can travel to. For example if I want to travel to world of Harry Potter I can do it before Harry Potter entered Hogwarts or if I wanted to travel to Middle Earth slightly before the whole business with the Fellowship happened I should be able to.)
3. Limited immortality I couldn't die of old age but I could be killed though I would have limited regenerative powers

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
The Genie from Aladdin could summon magical power greater than he had himself. Funny enough in the real world wishing to be the greatest sorcerer would get you nothing, since sorcerers aren't real. Anyway, from that genie you only need one wish: the powers of a genie without the responsibilities of a genie. Woop-de-doop.

Everytime I entertain the thought I quickly end up setting myself limitations. Like what if the genie cannot leave any magic behind with the wishes? In that case:
1) transport my mind a bit into the past so I can win Eurojackpot
2) an idealized body with no health problems
3) steal underpants

Alright, but what if time travel is also impossible? How do I get filthy rich then?
1) wish for the ledgers of all cryptocurrency wallets people have LOST over the years
2) wish for [insert big amount] of cash that's been lost but in mint condition
3) an idealized body with no health problems

Kingjackl

Nov 18, 2009
1. Give me the "Dragon Ball Z" superpower skillset, ie flight, ki control and ridiculous fitness. What better motivation to keep myself in shape, if I had abilities like that riding on the line.

2. Also, give me Killgrave's superpower. No, I would do what he did with it. I'm a reporter and it would make my job way easier if people couldn't bullshit me.

3. Let's be a bit less selfish here: I'd wish for the global development of perfect faster-than-light space travel. Get us out into the stars like we should've been trying to do.

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
I'd wish for the power to be able to instantly perceive the short and long term outcomes of any possible decisions I make, and then make whatever the two most optimal other wishes are. Then go win the lottery, because I know which set of numbers yields the outcome in which I win. Proceed to live optimally according to my preferences.

Tayh

Apr 6, 2009
If I had three wishes, I would wish that:
-Hitler lost the war
-We made it to space
-The alien invasion never happened

Alfredo Jones

Jul 1, 2013
1: Immortality. If possible, I will try to have it so I can't feel pain but still have full control of my other feelings and emotions. Also the ability to shift how young or old I look at will would be helpful.

2: World peace. Might as well throw at least one selfless wish in there.

3: If the genie can be freed and isn't an asshole who will go on a rampage, then I'll use my last wish to free him. If not then I'll probably use my last wish for some sort of kickass superpowers. I'm thinking the ability to control light and darkness, that could have some cool applications.

THE_JOKE_KING33

Jul 17, 2012
1. Give me Omnipotence without Omniscience (basically all of the power without the need to know everything past, present, and future (cause that's boring)).

Now that I can do everything/anything I want I'll ask the genie what he wants to use the last two.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
Your Creator said:
I wish people would stop shifting all responsibility for their actions onto me.
That wouldn't have been necessary if you'd done a better job! You probably shouldn't have rushed everything in just seven days.

Majestic_Manatee

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2017
Country
Wales
stroopwafel said:
That wouldn't have been necessary if you'd done a better job! You probably shouldn't have rushed everything in just seven days.
Dont believe everything you read in the scripts. They're ancient holy tabloids with narratives to push.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
Your Creator said:
stroopwafel said:
Dont believe everything you read in the scripts. They're ancient holy tabloids with narratives to push.
That explains the plotholes. JHWH is a total retcon.

Yoopikayay

Oct 11, 2015
Shapeshifting lol

Longevity for my entire bloodline/ family

And i either hold onto the last wish or ask for a more motivational outlook on life

Kotaro

Desdinova's Successor
Feb 3, 2009
1. Curing my Crohn's disease. It's not fatal as long as I keep it medicated, but it is unpleasant and I'd rather not be dealing with it.
2. Wealth. Not for any lifestyle changes or anything, just to make sure I have security. And so I can afford to buy gifts for people around the holidays without needing to make a spreadsheet to determine how I'm going to pay for them.
3. Elizabeth Warren & Rosa DeLauro winning the next US Presidential election. I've often said that in a perfect world, that would be my ideal Democratic ticket and it would be nice to see it happen.

Mechamorph

Dec 7, 2008
Since I am a student of the classics, whatever my first two wishes are, my third wish is for the genie to get back into the darned lamp. Suleiman's bindings on the Jinn set them free after they grant those three wishes.

My first two would be those already noted by SpringHeelJack.

1) To gain simultaneously the powers, skills and abilities of any given five fictional characters at any one time with all the necessary prerequisites to use them to their full potential. This should be more than sufficient for me to fix any problems with anyone or anything I feel like. Want to cure cancer? Use Reed Richard's intelligence. Want to reform the government to be benevolent? Not difficult with the charisma of Fate/Stay Night's Gilgamesh. This also includes the powers of fictional genies... Not to mention being a 60th level D&D wizard capable of casting the Wish spell. What? I can make fictional characters too can't I?

2) To be able to travel to any fictional universe as a fully realized world and that while I am there, no one in any other universe can learn about what I did there as well as no time passing in my "home" world. This prevents the monkey's paw logic bomb of the fictional universe becoming part of a factual accounting of my adventures. Also it allows me to live a normal life (if I so choose) and go on sojourns without much consequence.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
1. All members of my family, myself included, to live in perfect health for as long as they choose.

2. The ability to win any argument.

3. Success in all endeavors I choose to undertake.