A great game you stopped playing.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
museofdoom said:
Oh my list would be so long. I have such a terrible habit of not finishing games, and I don't know why! Like, L.A Noire for instance, I've only got 2 more cases until the end, and I STILL have not finished it. And that game is REALLY great in my opinion, I played it for hours when I first got it. I am confused by my own attention span.

Then there's Fall Out 3 and Oblivion, which I haven't finished mainly because of being distracted by side quests and random pillaging. I haven't played those in months. Gah!
This used to happend to me as well , closer i get to the end the less motivated i am to finish a game. I realised this , and i realised this is why my backlog is so big , so my resolution in 2011 , was to reduce my backlog by 50% ... And i suceeded. The only games i started this year and didn't complet was , wild arms1 , LA NOIR and Metroid : OTHER M . i am proud of myself.

OT: Monster hunter tri . I got a good ways then i got bored , that game is a real time sink . I tried to get back into it and i lost my touch , i decidee fuck it after that .

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
Deus Ex; Human Revolution-Love the game as a whole, just couldn't deal with the 'sneaking being downright impossible unless you have a tranquilizer' aspect of it.

Dark Souls-I adored Demon Souls, but never got too far in it because of it's difficulty and such. Dark Souls was basically the same.

Final Fantasy XIII-One of my favorite FF games, but the linear-ness got to me so fast I almost died of bordum. Now I just making AMVs out of the cutscenes. Excited for XIII-2 though, and how it changes things.

APB Reloaded-I liked how they fixed almost everything, but I basically ran around for the 'lawls' and got bored rather quickly.

Penumbra; Black Plague/Amensia; The Dark Descent-What? There amazing games, both with great puzzles...But I wanna sleep at night :|

Smeggs

Oct 21, 2008
Monster Hunter. PS2.

Because of This Ugly Bastard.

Yian Kut-Ku is pretty unforgiving as there's not really much build up to the spike in difficulty between Velocidrome and him. Having never played MH before I had no idea what to expect, and got decimated by him in no time flat, repeatedly. Not having the patience I have now to go at thing more slowly and carefully, I quit because I was sick of seeing those stupid Felynes carting me back to base camp.

However, got a PSP and MHFreedom for Christmas, and recently I have slaughtered the Kut-Ku five times, along with the blue one, and am now working on killing the Yian Garuga. It just took a bit more patience and reading his movements.

There's also Oblivion as a big one. I've played three different character in that game. Each one has never made it all the way to defeating Mehrunes Daegon.

KingOfGreyfell

Oct 7, 2011
Tales of Phantasia. I had the butchered gba port.
It's a bit impossible to take a game serious when it mistranslates Ragnarok, the war of the gods, as Kangaroo, a stupid hopping rabbit thing.