A Letter from the Editor-in-Chief

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Would love to vote. Tried to vote in both categories. Wouldn't let me. It said "Please select an entry before submitting your vote". I DID YOU @#$%ING WEBSITE! Chose Escapist both times. Still got the same response.

I want to stab something small and cute with a broken shard of glass...

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Looks like The Escapist is leading. Awesome.

You got my votes.
Oh, and I'll be remembering "please vote for us. We'd do it for you".
And one day... you'll see. You'll all see!!! BwahahahHAHAHAHAH AAAAH AHAHAHAHH!
But yeah, i have no problems voting for the escapist. I really like this place.

kurupt87

Fuhuhzucking hellcocks I'm good
Mar 17, 2010
Well, having squarely placed my "I'm British" hat on, I have no idea who Martha Stewart is. A quick wiki scan reveals her to be a successful businesswoman with many fingers in many pies. Am I missing something?

I hope the hat protects me.

Anyway, yeah voting done like a grateful peon.

Seriously though; I like this site, a lot.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Is it that time of the year again?

Cast my votes. The Escapist is leading in both categories; let's hope it stays that way. Lord knows this site deserves another Webby.
And I agree, Russ - the fact that this site was nominated for 'Lifestyle' is a tremendous opportunity for the video game medium. Let us hope for the best. :)

MindlessHatter

Apr 10, 2011
I voted to. It's pretty neat to see escapist leading. Let's hope it's stays that way. it's a big opportunity for games.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
voted :D altho I did have to sign up, whereas before I was voting (for Nathan Fillion) via Twitter lol

larrykoubiak

Nov 25, 2009
Call me paranoid or cynical, but i don't think a vote for the Escapist would "send a signal loud enough to be heard on every corner of the web that games, as a medium, have arrived."

It would rather mean The Escapist would get more attention, and therefore more revenue from ads or whatever. Now, that is of course not a bad thing for The Escapist, but the phrasing makes it look like we're doing ourselves a favor. No, we would be doing The Escapist a favor, there is no other political or social agenda that can be attached to the Webby Awards, and i don't like to be conned into taking part to something that doesn't concern me.

I nonetheless wish this website the best, may the extra revenue allow you to make more interesting content, i guess it would then benefit us too, should you take that route that is.

sir.rutthed

Stormfather take you!
Nov 10, 2009
Unlike the upcoming American election, I feel that my vote counts here and feel strongly that my chosen candidate is an accurate constituent of their given community. That said: duty done.

Hehe... duty...