A Letter from the Editor-in-Chief

Killerbunny001

Oct 23, 2008
Voted ! The Escapist leads in the lifestyle section which is both proof that it rocks and that most of the viewers of Martha Stewart can`t computer.

steeple

Death by tray it shall be
Dec 2, 2008
I consider this somewhat of a "thank you" to this site, so yeah, onward to victory!

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
+1 Vote from me. I think of The Escapist as a lifestyle. An AWESOME lifestyle that involves Bacon, Ponies, and sweet games.

Salakayin

Apr 1, 2010
Russ Pitts said:
A Letter from the Editor-in-Chief

Cast your vote to declare that gaming is here to stay.

Read Full Article
Well spoken. It very much feels as if a lifestyle, and one I do quite happen to enjoy. Plus, this is an awesome community.

You have my votes, good sir. Hopin' for the best!

ffian1

Mar 10, 2010
Voted.

Although, the main thing that disturbs me is that there's a serious amount of ass kissing going on in here. While a lot of it may have justification, and I've spent a considerable amount of my time on this site among several key others, I only voted in the favour of the Escapist because it was the best in the categories but far from my favourite in either. That being said, this place is responsible for a handful of nerdgasms that I swear could only have been written with me in mind (I'm looking at you Lisa and your Tengaar love).

Hope things go well folks.

MasterSplinter

Jul 8, 2009
Voted.

"We" are ahead in lifestyle and game related.

Also would like to note that robot unicorn's attack is beating the crap out of cityville.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Gaderael said:
We're currently leading in both categories! Lets go guys! Maybe we can get badges :D
Mayyyyyyyyybe. :)

larrykoubiak said:
Call me paranoid or cynical, but i don't think a vote for the Escapist would "send a signal loud enough to be heard on every corner of the web that games, as a medium, have arrived."

It would rather mean The Escapist would get more attention, and therefore more revenue from ads or whatever. Now, that is of course not a bad thing for The Escapist, but the phrasing makes it look like we're doing ourselves a favor. No, we would be doing The Escapist a favor, there is no other political or social agenda that can be attached to the Webby Awards, and i don't like to be conned into taking part to something that doesn't concern me.

I nonetheless wish this website the best, may the extra revenue allow you to make more interesting content, i guess it would then benefit us too, should you take that route that is.
Sure, it would benefit us, but that's not why we're excited about it. If all we wanted was more attention, we'd be begging you just as hard to help us crush Joystiq or Gamespot, or something. And, hey, winning in Games Related would certainly be great, but it wouldn't be as important as getting Gaming considered in the same regard as things like home improvement, gardening, cooking, and other "normal" hobbies. Honestly, I'd be pushing you to vote for ANY gaming site that was nominated in the Lifesytle category. It just so happens that it's us.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
Gaming as a lifestyle? A hobby can't be a lifestyle. What are you, Furry or something?

Vote cast... but I'm keeping my eye on you!

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
I got to vote for two of my favorite websites in that thing: The Escapist and The Onion (I loooooove The Onion's AV Club. In-depth analysis of the "Now That's What I call Music!" series intrigues me for some reason).

PortalThinker113

Jul 13, 2010
Just voted. A big thank you to the Escapist and the community at large- you provide all of us with so much goodness in the form of both humor and intelligent discussion about the past, present, and future of the industry that means so much to us.

pepitko

Sep 23, 2009
My vote is in, good luck Escapist, you deserve some industry-wide recognition.

Zenron

The Laughing Shadow
May 11, 2010
In the category for best lifestyle? What does that even mean? Meh, I voted anyway.