A Magnet For Cats

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
Reading what I'd read in this thread... I think I'm broken.

Someone asks me what I like? I tell them. I don't care if they are a sports nerd or a 90 year old woman.

I don't care what people think of me enough to lie about anything.

cricket chirps

Apr 15, 2009
Andy Shandy said:
Ah, something everybody can relate to.

Have a few friends over, rocking out to various songs and then the "Curse of the Shuffle" strikes and...

Hahaha, died laughing reading this comment. Half my friends would go "now THIS is party music!" and the other half would just give me a blank confused stare as I went "don't judge me you know I'm a nerd XP" I suppose it all depends on who you're with.

James Crook

Jul 15, 2011
For the love of God. Organize your playlists... Hehehe.
I love Cage the Elephant.

Zykon TheLich said:
Funny story, I DL'd a bunch of historic speeches for cutting up and using as samples. Imagine my delight as, during a party, Hitler started loudly informing everyone of the need to eliminate the Jews in Europe.
You are a genius. I shall now do that myself!
And watch the mayhem unfold.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Yuuki said:
For those who don't know what Panty and Stocking theme is, it's basically the 30 second opening song of this anime:

In his defence, it's really funky.

Me55enger

Dec 16, 2008
The Hungry Samurai said:
Me55enger said:
This is why, while I own an actual copy of Bloodhound Gang's Hooray for Boobies, I do not have it on my ipod.
If she doesn't love "A Lapdance is so Much Better When The Stripper is Crying" then she's not a girl I'm interested in. ;)
Times new roman, you know the type?

I recall from my A-level days girls would giggle maniacally at The Bad Touch. To be honest I feel the rest of the album is on a far more mature level.

He says, his tongue in his cheek.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Irridium said:
Could have been worse. You could have been listening to Podtoid.

I don't think there's any way to explain what Podtoid is without sounding like a serial killer.
I can just imagine it now.

"...And then I'll shove it up your arse Jonathan! And then while I'm doing that, Conrad will prepare the tazers!"

And then the person you let listen to it turns and runs.

SilverBullets000

Apr 11, 2012
I love the face the guy makes in the last panel. I can't help but get the feeling he realized too late that the music changed and is now just flat out enjoying the awkwardness of the situation.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Hey, it COULD have been worse:

'Fly Away' gots nothing on Scanty & Kneesocks theme.

Apr 28, 2008
Andy Shandy said:
Irridium said:
Could have been worse. You could have been listening to Podtoid.

I don't think there's any way to explain what Podtoid is without sounding like a serial killer.
I can just imagine it now.

"...And then I'll shove it up your arse Jonathan! And then while I'm doing that, Conrad will prepare the tazers!"

And then the person you let listen to it turns and runs.
Right after kneeing me in the happy-sack. To be fair, it would be their right.

PapstJL4U

Jan 10, 2012
I dont get the "shuffle" function in the first place. It totally kills the mood of any album. If Panty&Stocking is followed by Enio Morricone, which is followed by Jedi Mind Tricks you cant have a good listening experience. Not only can it happen, that you destroy concept albums, but you also give your brain no amount of time to change from one mood to another.

?dit: and Juice would be worse^^

Aug 31, 2012
James Crook said:
You are a genius. I shall now do that myself!
And watch the mayhem unfold.
For added fun, sneak a datastick to a friend's party and upload it onto their playlist. Will they escape or won't they? It'll be Hitler roulette! Enjoy their horror and embarrassment as they try to convince everyone that they have no idea how it got there.

Irridium said:
Right after kneeing me in the happy-sack. To be fair, it would be their right.
You are one of the shattered. Let's face it, you'd enjoy it and ask for more.

Sep 24, 2008
I don't understand using Shuffle because I have Comedians on my Galaxy. If I want to rock out to music, I don't want to hear what's funny about how Black people walk and how white people sound (Russel Peters, come on bro, we both know who I'm talking about)

Ruisu said:
That is just funny, because such a situation actually got the opposite result and I'm dating the girl today.

Given the song was this one instead:

It was a bit weird for us both at first though, since she started singing along and holding herself to not dance too.
the difference between the song in the strip and the song here is that The Lucky Star opening is utterly bad ass.

It's the only reason I still wish for a zombie apocalypse. Or Skyrim Dragons. Or fucking aliens. Because I will crank this up, and fight my way through that mother fucker with this blasting. I might not get far, but better going out in a Blaze of Awesome than cowering and dying slowly.

Hdawger

Jun 8, 2010
She would hear all of my Rucka Rucka Ali parody songs and think I'm an awful person most likely. *Note to self, never hit shuffle*

Pinkscare

Wearin' Steam Badges
Jul 19, 2013
My brother-in-law once allowed a girl to listen to a song on his iPod. A few minutes later he asked for his iPod back. She said, "What are you talking about, boy? I don't have no iPod." He never got it back. I suppose she eventually deleted all of his contemporary Christian music. Sadly, he still listens to terrible music (on his boom box).

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
The face on the last panel was just pure gold, I laughed so hard XD

Luckily this wouldn't happen to me since I think I'd be smart enough to start the song I was listening to from the beginning before letting them listen. But when put on the spot yeah I think I could forget to do that. Though really the only band I listen to that would interest a random passerby would be Hands like houses, everything else is too heavy for the average person :p

hazydawn

Jan 11, 2013
Pinkscare said:
My brother-in-law once allowed a girl to listen to a song on his iPod. A few minutes later he asked for his iPod back. She said, "What are you talking about, boy? I don't have no iPod." He never got it back. I suppose she eventually deleted all of his contemporary Christian music. Sadly, he still listens to terrible music (on his boom box).
And he would just let the girl keep it? Is he a wimp or just insanely rich?

Pinkscare

Wearin' Steam Badges
Jul 19, 2013
hazydawn said:
Pinkscare said:
And he would just let the girl keep it? Is he a wimp or just insanely rich?
Not rich. Not a wimp. Odd. I still haven't figured it out.

SacremPyrobolum

Dec 11, 2010
how strange. I was just wondering how awkward it would be when people as me about the song I have been listening to recently.

P.S. Does anyone else find that PaSwG has surprising good music?