A Magnet For Cats

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
PapstJL4U said:
I dont get the "shuffle" function in the first place. It totally kills the mood of any album. If Panty&Stocking is followed by Enio Morricone, which is followed by Jedi Mind Tricks you cant have a good listening experience. Not only can it happen, that you destroy concept albums, but you also give your brain no amount of time to change from one mood to another.

?dit: and Juice would be worse^^
To a lot of people, albums are just a track delivery service, and really, "who buys albums these days?" And in catering to that desire, mroe and more songs are aimed at being single experiences these days. It's like the 60s, except a single didn't need eight filler tracks to justify itself.

Tanis said:
Hey, it COULD have been worse:

'Fly Away' gots nothing on Scanty & Kneesocks theme.
I don't get the problem with the song unless she's looking at the title. It's kind of blah, but that's just my taste in music.

Ariyura

Oct 18, 2008
I can't say anything, I put my IPOD on over the loud speaker at my old job after hours while we were cleaning up. All of a sudden "MOON PRISM POWER!!!" then "JUPITER STAR POWER!!!" comes blasting through the loud speakers. I forgot I'd put Sailor Moon lines and clips into my music mix.

castlewise

Lord Fancypants
Jul 18, 2010
mike1921 said:
castlewise said:
Capitano Segnaposto said:
Huh.
It is also for that reason that I want to punch people that refuse to say that their hobby is "video games" in this day and age.
It would be nice if video games were always just as acceptable as other hobbies, but its just not true. When it comes to relationships you are probably better off being honest, but (unless you work somewhere awesome) I wouldn't talk about videogames at your job.
Ehh, it's not that that unacceptable, just be honest period. Games get millions of sales it's not that unlikely that someone else in that building is also a gamer.
It doesn't really matter if *someone* else is a gamer. The main issue is how your boss (and the rest of the higher ups) feel about gaming. I'm not saying there aren't jobs where its completely acceptable. I'm just saying that there are plenty of jobs where its not an acceptable hobby and you should figure out which kind of job you have before you talk about it.

Lonewolfm16

Feb 27, 2012
My music wouldn't embarrass me, but she might think I am a psychopath. White Death wouldn't go over well.
<youtube=s1fZHoHkoRo>
"You're in the sniper's sight
the first kill tonight
time to die
you're in the bullet's way
the White Death's prey
say goodbye"
wait, why are you running away?!

Ambitiousmould

Why does it say I'm premium now?
Apr 22, 2012
Capitano Segnaposto said:
It is also for that reason that I want to punch people that refuse to say that their hobby is "video games" in this day and age.
If you were to say that your hobby is video games around here, 2 things will happen. 1, you will be ridiculed and socially outcast for the rest of your time at that job/school/college or whatever, or 2, you will get earfuls of tripe about how they play Call of Duty. Then again, most people where I come from still think the coal fire is a scientific marvel, and are hardly at the frontier of modern culture.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
It strikes me that if someone asked me what I was listening I'd either be able to answer with a super-cool little known label (Cabaret Punk! Indie Noir!) or with the rather lamer answer "video game soundtracks".

Two-A

Aug 1, 2012
Andy Shandy said:
Ah, something everybody can relate to.

Have a few friends over, rocking out to various songs and then the "Curse of the Shuffle" strikes and...

And now I'm going to have that song stuck in my head, thank you. ._.

OT: You'd think he'd knew the song was about to end, but he was probably too nervous to notice.

Ruisu

Enjoy the Silence
Jul 11, 2013
SacremPyrobolum said:
how strange. I was just wondering how awkward it would be when people as me about the song I have been listening to recently.

P.S. Does anyone else find that PaSwG has surprising good music?
Not surprising for me, since I do like the anime a lot. But yeah, the OST is nice. It's nothing on Shiro Sagisu's or Yuki Kajiura level of awesome OST though, but still nice.

ObsidianJones said:
the difference between the song in the strip and the song here is that The Lucky Star opening is utterly bad ass.
Indeed it is.

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
This is why i have this lovely little piece on every damned playlist i have. Anyone asks what I'm listening to that i don't know, i'll switch over to this little beauty and say have a listen.

Go on, have a listen....you know you want to.

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
Hah.

What? No garterbelt? I'm absolutely positive she'd have loved to hear about his love for garterbelts. I hear it really breaks the ice like no other.

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
As good as xkcd Important Life Lesson

http://xkcd.com/400/

Captcha: face the music

I just did a split take on my keyboard.

Single Shot

Jan 13, 2013
Lonewolfm16 said:
My music wouldn't embarrass me, but she might think I am a psychopath. White Death wouldn't go over well.
<youtube=s1fZHoHkoRo>
the first kill tonight
time to die
the White Death's prey
say goodbye"
Still better than 'Rise of evil'

<youtube=O437RLRn95Q>

"Rebuilding an army
Make the nation proud
Disregarding the treaty
Secret plans for 'lebensraum'
Start the holocaust

The reich will rise
Propaganda, the reich will rise
To last a thousand years"

'Wait, why are you calling the police?'

Lonewolfm16

Feb 27, 2012
Single Shot said:
Lonewolfm16 said:
<youtube=s1fZHoHkoRo>
the first kill tonight
time to die
the White Death's prey
say goodbye"

<youtube=O437RLRn95Q>

"Rebuilding an army
Make the nation proud
Disregarding the treaty
Start the holocaust

The reich will rise

I actually forgot that that could be a issue... I have to wonder what would happen if someone got Rise of Evil, Wehrmacht, Final Solution and Shadow of the Swastika all in a row... maybe I should rename my metal playlist to "I am not a Nazi". Shadow of the Swastika is this btw. <youtube=VP5-BfCr_D8>

Single Shot

Jan 13, 2013
Lonewolfm16 said:
Single Shot said:
Lonewolfm16 said:
<youtube=s1fZHoHkoRo>
the first kill tonight
time to die
the White Death's prey
say goodbye"

<youtube=O437RLRn95Q>

"Rebuilding an army
Make the nation proud
Disregarding the treaty
Start the holocaust

The reich will rise

I actually forgot that that could be a issue... I have to wonder what would happen if someone got Rise of Evil, Wehrmacht, Final Solution and Shadow of the Swastika all in a row... maybe I should rename my metal playlist to "I am not a Nazi". Shadow of the Swastika is this btw. <youtube=VP5-BfCr_D8>
I've heard it before, not my favourite band but still fairly good, slightly too soft and melodic for me.

I was on the bus home a few weeks ago when my headphones decided to unplug themselves halfway through 'Rise of evil' so it belted out over the speakers at full volume for a few minutes before I realized.

It's funny how quickly a packed bus can clear two rows of seats around the long-haired lad in the full length leather jacket with the Nazi-themed metal music. it was an awkward day. Now I get a different bus home and stick to less controversial songs in public.

AngelBlackChaos

Aug 3, 2010
Zykon TheLich said:
Eric the Orange said:
could someone please fill me in on the relation the title has to the comic. I would appreciate it.
A magnet for cats would be a cat magnet. Think of a colloquial name for "cat".
See, i only thought of that secondly. My first thought was a male version of the cat lady.

Other topic. Anyone else having problem with an ad covering approximately a third of the typing screen? This just inspires more lurking than typing again.

nyysjan

Mar 12, 2010
Ashamed to let people know you are listening to something?
Don't listen to it in public, and keep it out of your mp4 player.

Peace Frog

May 31, 2008
ZeroAE said:
At least its not Juice.
I'm even afraid of posting a link of the "song".
This.

It should've been Juice or even the tracks of random Japanese shouting... The theme's legit. PANTY STOCKING PANTY PANTY STOCKING is lyrical genius.