A movie that messed you up

RayneyNight

May 9, 2011
When I was a kid, I would have to say Watership Down and Where the Red Fern Grows.

As an adult, The Human Centipede (First Sequence). I have seen some seriously fucked up shit in my life but this movie made me physically ill. If you haven't seen it.... don't. But since I've said that I know you are running to find it now. Last I checked it was on instant watch on Netflix.

Another fucked up movie (in a different way) that I would recommend is Short Bus. Where else will you see 3 gay men in a three way singing The Star Spangled Banner into each other asses? Makes me proud to be an American :D

I guess I could also list Rocky Horror as another that has fucked me up. I saw it on a weekly basis at a young age (my parents were on cast in our theater) and maybe that is why now I find men in lingerie so damn sexy.

(Oh, in case you don't know, I am female)

yanipheonu

Jan 27, 2010
End of Evangelion.

That movie makes you slightly more insane than before 0_o

I just keep tumbiling down, tumbiling down, tumbiling DOOOOWWWNNNN....

That Watership Down video though... GEEZUS!!!!

Raizekage

May 31, 2011
Gothika

That crap was the first and only horror movie I'll ever watch. I went to watch it because supposedly Halle Berry was naked in it. She was, but you couldn't see anything. In one part of the movie I actually felt my heart stop beating and this huge fire overwhelm my body from fear.

Never again. I don't get how people can stand horror movies.

ChippedShoulder

Nov 10, 2010
I never really watch horror films because I don't particularly like them. Which is weird because I LOVE horror games... but meh, I suppose the reason I don't like them is because I tried watching them when I was younger and had a horrible phobia of blood and gore. I guess the most traumatized I've ever been by a film was when I was watching Final Destination aged 6, and some guy blew up without warning. Makes me laugh now but it messed me up back then.

AMX58

Jan 27, 2010
Uhm let me think oh yeah a zombie movie cant remember the name but it is where the dude keept losing his limbs and when he sezzed he lost his nose and he had to go get it anybody wanna help with the name of the movie

sexbutler

Nov 18, 2010
Cheesus333 said:
Salad Is Murder said:
Also, Requiem for a Dream was like getting hit in the face with a board for two hours.
Is it weird that this statement makes me want to see Reqiuem For A Dream?

OT: I saw Ginger Snaps: Unleashed when I was about ten and, whilst not particularly scary or even disturbing, it kinda fucked with my head for the duration of the film. More the institution she's confined to than anything, though. That group masturbation session was weird as shit.

Guess it would have helped my understanding of the film if I had seen the first one. I just gathered that Ginger was the werewolf and the protagonist, her sister, was gradually becoming one too. Come to think of it, I can't even remember half of it...

EDIT: Looking back through some of the posts, I'm making a mental note to punch and run away from anyone who suggests that I watch 'Antichrist'. I don't know shit about it and I'm already uncomfortable.
Totally go see Antichrist. I can guarantee its a hundred times more disturbed than any movie you've ever seen. Its not even that gruesome.

Unia

Jan 15, 2010
Pan's Labyrinth, there's this scene with suspected rebels and a bottle...you know what I'm talking about if you've seen the film. The eyes-in-palms monster and the rest I could anticipate but that random act of callous murder just came out of nowhere. It was pretty damn graphic too.

SlaveNumber23

A WordlessThing, a ThinglessWord
Aug 9, 2011
A few images from horror movies I probably shouldn't have been watching when I was quite young conjured up fear in me for years and still even now. Nothing has ever really scared the crap out of me though, I love watching scary movies and it generally takes a fair bit to scare me too much. The movie that has managed to scare me the most was definitely Paranormal Activity (I have a very vivid and wild imagination and the idea of being watched and attacked by an invisible entity is insanely scary for me). Haven't seen Insidious yet but plan to, the premise sounds absolutely terrifying to me, wish me luck.

TheEnglishman

Jun 13, 2009
Once Were Warriors, starring Jango Fett. Had to watch it for Film Studies and there came a moment where suddenly it's blatantly obvious what's going to happen in a few minutes, and it takes its time getting there, savouring the fact it knows you know what's coming, than takes its time when it's happening, all being very quiet baring the heavy breathing and scared squeals.

Maybe it wouldn't have been so awkward but it was in a room of about 12 people and we couldn't really leave the room.

There's also the depressing moment when you see how good an actor Jango Fett is and look up his IMDB and see his biggest films were Green Lantern Speed 2 and the Star Wars Prequels.