A new Avenger

Kinokohatake

Jul 11, 2010
So after watching the Avengers last night, I have to say I am incredibly excited for Iron Man 3 and Thor 2. However I would be weary of an Avengers sequel with the same cast of heroes. Who would you like to see either have their own film and then join, or just show up in the sequel.

My vote would be for Wasp to just show up in Avengers 2 and for Black Panther to get his own movie.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
They're talking about an Ant-Man film, but I'd rather see a Wasp movie to be honest. Also, I'd love to see them tie the X-Men continuity to the Avengers continuity, but that's unlikely and would be too difficult to successfully do. Finally, I so desperately want to see a Runaways film, and maybe introduce a few other minor characters, building up over time to a full on Civil War event for Avengers 3...

Kinokohatake

Jul 11, 2010
Unfortunately Marvel doesn't own the rights to the X Men right now for movie purposes but I agree, seeing Wolvering stand next to Iron Man would be bad ass.

Mister Eff

Apr 11, 2009
It's gotta be the one and only Hank Pym! My favourite Marvel character and all-around awesome character.

Trivun said:
They're talking about an Ant-Man film, but I'd rather see a Wasp movie to be honest. Also, I'd love to see them tie the X-Men continuity to the Avengers continuity, but that's unlikely and would be too difficult to successfully do. Finally, I so desperately want to see a Runaways film, and maybe introduce a few other minor characters, building up over time to a full on Civil War event for Avengers 3...
And yes, I need a Runaways film in my life. It's the comic that got me into Marvel!

Kinokohatake

Jul 11, 2010
After watching the movie bob review, I think a Doctor Strange film would actually work in the right hands.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Thomas Guy said:
Unfortunately Marvel doesn't own the rights to the X Men right now for movie purposes but I agree, seeing Wolvering stand next to Iron Man would be bad ass.
I was thinking more of Qucksilver and Scarlet Witch since those two were in the team in the early years. If that is the case than Ant Man got to be in it so that Ultron can be the villain while in the same time he will create the Vision to add to the rooster aswell.

Also I agree with Doctor Strange and Black Panther however I feel the people of Africa would be offended with Black Panther seeing how he is the ruler of a utopia like nation called Wakanda which is located right in Africa.

Kinokohatake

Jul 11, 2010
Scarim Coral said:
Thomas Guy said:
I was thinking more of Qucksilver and Scarlet Witch since those two were in the team in the early years. If that is the case than Ant Man got to be in it so that Ultron can be the villain while in the same time he will create the Vision to add to the rooster aswell.

Also I agree with Doctor Strange and Black Panther however I feel the people of Africa would be offended with Black Panther seeing how he is the rule of a utopia like nation called Wakanda which is located right in Africa.
Well with those two (Wanda and Pietro) there is apparently a loophole where they could show up but they wouldn't be able to mention they are mutants.

Amethyst Wind

Apr 1, 2009
Scarim Coral said:
Thomas Guy said:

Also I agree with Doctor Strange and Black Panther however I feel the people of Africa would be offended with Black Panther seeing how he is the rule of a utopia like nation called Wakanda which is located right in Africa.
Wakanda's utopian? I always hear of them having trouble from hunters and rival tribes and people after all that sweet, sweet Vibranium.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Amethyst Wind said:
Scarim Coral said:
Thomas Guy said:

Wakanda's utopian? I always hear of them having trouble from hunters and rival tribes and people after all that sweet, sweet Vibranium.
Have you seen the place itself? Apparently that place is somewhat hi tech and futuristic that they are years ahead to the rest of the world in terms of development (something North Korea can ever dream off). When you compare that place to the real places in African it can be somewhat insulting to them.

CODE-D

Feb 6, 2011
Wow your already tired of those characters.
I guess spiderman or whatever but I dont care.

Kinokohatake

Jul 11, 2010
CODE-D said:
Wow your already tired of those characters.
I guess spiderman or whatever but I dont care.
No not tired. But I can't imagine the team being the exact same also

Thanos

would tear that team apart.

Revnak_v1legacy

Fixed by "Monday"
Mar 28, 2010
Since they've been talking about doing cosmic and magic stuff, I think Doctor Strange and Corsair and the Starjammers would be awesome, the latter solely because they are called the Starjammers. However, the latter is also very unlikely, as Corsair is Cyclops' dad. It would still make me happy however. Every time I think about new Marvel films the Starjammers are the first thing to come to mind other than Strange, Black Panther, and Luke Cage, and I don't think they'll be doing the latter two.

GrimTuesday

May 21, 2009
I really want a Dr. Strange movie, it would be pretty awesome to see The Sorcerer Supreme in action on the big screen. I think if they did a Wasp or Ant-Man movie they could do them together considering the fact that they have been together pretty much since their inception.

Also, it seems that they are doing an Ant-Man movie, according to Imdb that is [http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0478970/], but its not always the most reliable.

Gabanuka

Oct 1, 2009
The Vision.

Given what happens in Avengers it would make perfect sense what with
Coleson dying
and what not

Nightmonger

Jul 1, 2010
Id like to see war machine at least make an appearance . I mean how perfect would War machine have been in that alien invasion fight in the avengers movie. I'd also maybe like to see some slightly different heroes such as Luke cage or ironfist but they might be difficult to pull off .

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
Cyntac Wong said:
Civil War Movie would be pretty cool

Maybe cos I just read it again
Why would you do that to yourself? Ugh, Civil War was just awful in every way imaginable.

That's exactly what we need on the big screen, Captain freaking America being told he is "out of touch" because he doesn't follow NASCAR.

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
Did you stick around until the clip mid-way through the credits? The odds of an Avengers sequel is almost definite - even discounting the fact that they make sequels to absolutely everything that does well these days.

But I think that now they've combined them all together, any film with only one of them will feel like a spinoff. I'll probably still go see them but they wont feel as awesome =S

EDIT: Apologies OP, I didn't read your post right and thought you were claiming the odds of an Avengers sequel was unlikely!

Crazy_Dude

Nov 3, 2010
After seeing the mid credits seen I assumed that Doctor Strange would be the most likely new hero. Black Panther and Ant-Man just dont offer that much in a fight against
Thanos