A new hated song, even worse than Rebecca Black...

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Wasnt there a thread about this before? I mean, this isnt really a new song.

Eh. I tend to block this stuff out, and saw this on youtube, and my only question was, and still is, isnt this the girl that used to do that commercial where she talked about getting hand-me-down jeans from her sis with BBQ stains or something and tey were promoting some kinda detergent? Cause I swear its her.

Whether or not its worse then Friday, I dont know, but i would be inclined to say (in my opinion) that Black has a better voice then Rose

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
TheEvilJester said:
Chemical Horse said:
Blind Sight said:
I see your 'My Jeans' and raise you one 'Respect and Obey Authority'.

Please don't tell me I was the only one who noticed she was "drumming" on Rockband drums.
Dude, they're all playing on rockband instruments. Its just really sad.
In all fairness to them, it does say in the description they did it themselves, and they are only young kids, alongside the fact that it's more likely the parents have bought them up to be so brainwashed. That and if they weren't so young, I'd argue the use of rock band instruments as a statement about the fakeness and plasticity of the music industry (as I myself did in my Video production piece), but I sincerely doubt they're old enough to have thought that.

TheEvilJester

Nov 18, 2009
elvor0 said:
TheEvilJester said:
Chemical Horse said:
Blind Sight said:

Please don't tell me I was the only one who noticed she was "drumming" on Rockband drums.
In all fairness to them, it does say in the description they did it themselves, and they are only young kids, alongside the fact that it's more likely the parents have bought them up to be so brainwashed. That and if they weren't so young, I'd argue the use of rock band instruments as a statement about the fakeness and plasticity of the music industry (as I myself did in my Video production piece), but I sincerely doubt they're old enough to have thought that.
I think a Seether song did the same thing. Fake it, thats the name. Anyways, I still find the video something you'd find in some brainwashing thing.

Tsunimo

Nov 19, 2009
Um... I watched the OP's, and I thought, 'oh, well that's not TOO terrible, i guess'
Then i saw this
JasonKaotic said:

Apparently we're all jealous. Someone please shoot it. Like, now.
My eyes actually started to water, as music died before them.

Antidrall

Mar 16, 2010
All of the crap on the radio has had me wishing for the days of Hair Metal to return. at least that was kinda self aware at how outrageous their outfits and hair were.

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
TheEvilJester said:
elvor0 said:
TheEvilJester said:
Chemical Horse said:
Blind Sight said:

I think a Seether song did the same thing. Fake it, thats the name. Anyways, I still find the video something you'd find in some brainwashing thing.
Never heard of seether but yeah, I could imagine them playing that in some hardcore Christian schools in America, or in some Orwellian future.

Panda Mania

Jul 1, 2009
It seems like Jenna Rose isn't anything like the sensation Rebecca Black was (not yet, at least... D8)--look at her Wikipedia page, it's in danger of being taken off for reasons of "obscurity." Let's hope it stays that way; she's even worse than Black, and it's not's a So Bad It's Good thing.

All of these vids (esp. the Jenna Rose ones) just depress me. Not about music, 'cause they aren't taken seriously, but about the kind of culture that prompts these kids to act this way. Do they really care THAT much about just a pair of jeans? Are they so self-inflated that they see any attempt to keep their antics in check as a just another hater trying to "jack their swag"? And yeah, the skimpy outfits and the dancing...Sheesh, that will not lead to the good kind of success in life, girl....so just...stop. Please. For yours and everyone's sake.

Thundero13

Mar 19, 2009
No, this is too silly, she must be intending it to be silly, after all who would think "ooh I know some good serious lyrics 'oh my god hannah montana wearing my jeans' yeah that sounds good"

And for the record I like Rebecca Black.

NomNom The World

Feb 14, 2011
JasonKaotic said:
It's not really new, but yeah, she is much worse.
And she's a proper stuck-up *****.
She wrote a song in response to how much people hated that song. Listen to the lyrics and watch the video and your hate for her will be all the greater.

She's 12, by the way.
Chris Hansen frequents the comments section of the video.
\

I am filled with the rage of 1'000'000 butthurt basement dwellers at the moment. Im going to the gym before my head explodes from rage.

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
I did a bit of research into this a little earlier before I saw this thread and I'm going to defend my opinion that I made a few hours ago: Jenna Rose is not a bad singer and with "My Jeans" I can only assume that she was making a parody of Rebecca Black. Almost all of Jenna's other songs sound absolutely fine, if not a bit generic at times. And admittedly she is one of, if not the only, child popstar that doesn't need autotune and doesn't sing at a frequency that makes me want to strangle her.

RUINER ACTUAL

Oct 29, 2009
staika said:
This song and Rebecca Black's make me wonder who ok'd these ideas. How can you listen to these songs and think "yeah this is a great song" also why must they do auto tune, god I hate auto tuning because that is like basically saying you have no singing skill and have to hide behind it to have semblance of talent. My last point is you spend all this money to record this video, auto tune your horrible voice, buy some record company so you can sell the song but you can't hire someone to write lyrics for you.

/rant
It's not a rant if it's the truth.

I don't know how I could hate this shit any more. I think we might have to start killing American junior high schoolers, ya know, for the better of humanity.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
The autotune stuff needs to be gone from mainstream music and only be used in video parodies.

Mr Thin

Apr 4, 2010
I actually liked that video of her singing the American Anthem, she has quite an impressive voice.

Shame about her choice of songs; but then, she's what, 13? Can't really blame her.

alandavidson

Jun 21, 2010
JasonKaotic said:
It's not really new, but yeah, she is much worse.
And she's a proper stuck-up *****.
She wrote a song in response to how much people hated that song. Listen to the lyrics and watch the video and your hate for her will be all the greater.

She's 12, by the way.
Chris Hansen frequents the comments section of the video.
Here's what's really frightening: She's dancing, erm, provocatively in that video. I mean, how does a TWELVE-YEAR-OLD know what dirty dancing is?

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Blind Sight said:

Jebus! That was horrible.

And, honestly, I've never wanted to rebel against authority more than while watching that video. Too bad I live in my own place (I'm the authority here), and the police would probably get pissed if I told them off.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Woodsey said:
I like it.
Now that I've listened to it and O.M.G. a couple of times, I can see the issue.

Like Rebecca Black, she can sing (watch O.M.G.).

Like Rebecca Black, she hides it behind Autotune and badly written songs.

I can see why someone might like it. But the dealbreaker for me is the same as the dealbreaker for the millionaires - The lyrics are glittery party trash, and she gives me the middle finger for thinking that.

EDIT:
<youtube=7ARPo3DQW4A>
Maybe if she didn't try to overdo it so hard...

pyramid head grape

[Game-Over]
Feb 4, 2011
JasonKaotic said:
Jealous, God no I feel sorry for her sucking so hard and not being able to notice.

Stuff like this makes me jealous.

shoot it? why bother, Satan will be back for his offspring soon enough...