A Poly relationship

chinangel

Sep 25, 2009
I have recently entered a poly relationship with another girl and a boy, and while I'm quite happy, I am curious: would anyone else ever consider doing the same? Entering a 3 way relationship?7

Why or Why not? What are your views on it?

Captcha: It's Super Delicious.
Yes...yes it is <3

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
I read that as Pony Relationship and was about to comment on how that might be unhealthy. Your avatar didn't help.

Then I read Poly instead of Pony. I don't have much to say on that matter, I haven't considered it and I'm not sure my opinion would hold any weight.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Eh, why not?

They aren't for everyone, but just because lots of other people don't do it is no reason not to. Society likes fitting people into arbitrary roles, but it's not very healthy.

gazumped

Dec 1, 2010
As I grow older, the idea of sharing my partner becomes less awful to me because I have other stuff to do and can't be around them all the time anyway. I guess I'd worry that they'd grow closer to the other person and I'd lose them altogether, though.

But the idea of having more than one partner myself, like in a three way relationship, that just sounds like far too much work to me. I can barely give enough of myself to one person, let alone two. I guess I just don't have enough love to give!

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
No way on this sweet Earth would I share a boyfriend with someone. I'm an absolute prude and believe in just the one person, I couldn't imagine having a threesome with another girl and a boyfriend cause if she so much as kissed him I'd rip her to shreds.
Maybe if I were single and in a 'fuck it, YOLO!' mindset I might. I get too emotionally attached to people and like stability too much.
That's not to say I look bad on people who do it, I wish I were a bit more confident and easy going to have fun.
I can mess around and be silly when I'm drunk too, but to make a relationship out of it is something I couldn't bring myself to do haha.

EDIT: I just realised how atrocious my grammar is so no one needs to point it out ;n; I have too much weighing me down right now D:

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
Ech, I tried it once but it wasn't for me.

Or she wasn't for me, I'm not really sure.

It wasn't really managed well, but I don't think in the long run I'd have really settled into it even if it was. Give me that special someone over a group where everyone shares the specialness to each be 1/n special any day.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
It's not for me personally as I can only imagine being romantic with one person but different strokes for different folks eh, nothing wrong with a poly relationship if it makes you happy. I'd probably support poly-marriage if it ever became a big issue and there was a solid framework on which for it to actually work, since divorce settlements and child custody could get even more complicated than they are now.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Soviet Heavy said:
I read that as Pony Relationship and was about to comment on how that might be unhealthy. Your avatar didn't help.
Damnit, now I want to talk about pony relationships. Start the Rarity shipping!

I also wonder why it is always chinangel I read this kind of stuff from. Wonder if she's got an autobiography out yet.

FrostyChick

Little Miss Vampire.
Jul 13, 2010
Well considering the chances of me find just 1 girl interested in me is astronomically low.

The chances of finding two are approximately 1 in G[footnote]Graham's Number[/footnote].

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
I probably never would.
Maybe it's a jealousy thing, maybe it's a trust thing, but if I was in the same situation it wouldn't sit well with me regarding everyone else.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
Nope. I don't share.

I don't really understand poly relationships (not that I'm against them), but I can't see loving more than one person in that way.
In my mind loving someone romantically means you only want to be with them.
I guess I am just a monogomous person.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I'd imagine someone would get jealous eventually. Not sure I'd advice it.

Stasisesque

Nov 25, 2008
I'm all for open relationships, and I'd be fine with a poly relationship if it was purely sexual but I'm not sure how I'd handle my boy/girlfriend being in love with other people too. So yeah, the furthest I'd go (willingly, I fully accept that love is not a choice) would be monogamy with the caveat either one of us can have as much sex outside the relationship as we want.

But who knows. My boyfriend might fall in love with someone else too, if that happens we'll explore it then. He'd do the same for me, too.

Love and sex for everyone! Of legal age!

BOOM headshot65

Jul 7, 2011
EeveeElectro said:
I couldn't imagine having a threesome with another girl and a boyfriend cause if she so much as kissed him I'd rip her to shreds.
If she kissed him? Peh. You aint got nothing on my girlfriend. If another girl so much as FLIRTS with me, then my girlfriend will first call her very unlady-like things[footnote]Including, but not limited too: ****, Slut, *****, etc.[/footnote], then will beat her. On my end, same thing. If another dude starts hitting on her, I will deck him and make sure he leaves with a limp.

OT: Just in case I didnt spell it out well enough above: No, No, No, No. Oh yes, did I mention HELL NO! If thats what you want to do, fine, but I will NEVER do that. Period.

DevilWithaHalo

Mar 22, 2011
I've done it. After living in a very Poly friendly city for a few years I've come to learn that most Poly people do it because there are even more selfish than Mono folks. They like to tout a smug sense of moral superiority because they refuse to accept one can have sex without emotional attachment, and often chastise more casual folk in the same breath.

Would I do it again? Only if the circumstances are right. Normally it's usually because the female wants a little mote action on the side and she doesn't want to feel like a slut for asking. They get offended when I try to point out they aren't being honest.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Honestly, no. Hell, one of the problems I'd face if I ever did manage a relationship is the constant paranoia that she will find someone better than me and fuck off. Having that better person as part of the relationship would wreck me.

That said, nothing against people who can handle that.

Burig

Nov 8, 2010
Hypothetically would I? Yes. It would certainly be something I would want to try out. It seems like it would be a lot more convenient for everyone involved, and may open up a lot more interesting ideas for fun time, no? ;D

In reality? It would depend on a number of factors. I said I would like to try it, but not with just anyone. Assuming I was completly aware of it from the start, liked both people, yadda yadda yadda, then yes. Of course I would. But without one person to call my own, that's not too plasuable for me. :p