A question for non-Americans!

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
I don't watch sports, but even if I did I doubt they show it in Sweden.
What is Super Bowl anyways, that hand-egg sport?

*smirks*

eggy32

Nov 19, 2009
Archangel357 said:
eggy32 said:
No, of course not. I don't like watching sports, especially not American Football, it is the most boring. Also I don't like the names of any of the teams. They sound silly to me.
You got beaten up a lot as a kid, didn't you.

That said, I live in Germany, and I've watched both the NFC final and the Superbowl. Good to see that rapist Roethlisberger get his comeuppance.
No actually, I didn't. American football is jsut really, really boring and I don't like any of the teams' names.

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
Afraid not. I never understood games like rugby or American football. They seem to lack flow.
Soccer and basketball is what I like. And badminton. And snowboarding.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
I'd watch it if it was the spectacle here that it is in the US. But for us it is, and is treated as, a regular live sporting event. Without the commercials and preshows and such, it's just not the same. And therefore no fun. So basically, I'd watch it in the US, but not from here in Sweden.

gertmenkel

May 13, 2010
I live in The Netherlands, and I REALLY don't care about sports, and even less about sports in the US. But I have to admit that I did watch the FIFA World Cup... But only because we got to the finals!

Mr Montmorency

Jun 29, 2010
I don't even care about sport in general. Seems like a waste of time to watch a bunch of overpaid lunkheads running around in a field/court.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
(Wipes tear from eye). I'm from Boston and I have to say, it is such a beautiful thing to hear such a powerful chorus of people not caring about the Super Bowl. Maybe, I'll take some trips abroad just for that.

Hazzaslagga

Sep 18, 2009
I was invited to a superbowl party in the UK but didn't go on account of getting over there, school and i had to take my aunt's dog out. Only 2 turned up to school and had been up drinking till 6 and thus were a little worse for wear. Plus i've never heard great things about the sport, mostly how it stops every 2 minutes. Also real men play rugby :D.

Ghostkai

Jun 14, 2008
I work full time, so nope. Besides, Six Nations is on atm, no other sport interests me currently (bar when Arsenal play obviously)