A question for non-Americans!

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
So those of you living outside the United States I have a question. Are any of you planning on watching the Super Bowl? Do you care at all? For those not aware the two teams this year are the Green Bay Packers and the Pittsburgh Steelers.

All opinions are welcome just please keep them polite. Sports fans inside the states are encouraged to keep everyone who is not in the know properly informed.

EDIT: I changed the title. Happy now?

For those too lazy to google
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_XLV

Nimbus

Token Irish Guy
Oct 22, 2008
I'll respond with a question: Are YOU watching the Hurling final?

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I'm not going to watch it, but then again, only foreigners in the states like that sort of thing.

(Seriously, your title need reworking, nobody is a foreigner except according to someone else)

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Im in the us and I dont give a damn about it

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
7moreDead said:
The BBC seem to be pushing the SB for some reason - I myself prefer rugby (go go six nations!).
Damn you being twelve spots higher than us in IRB rankings!

Znakemane

Nov 30, 2009
No, as i find american football extremely boring.
It is very rare that people watch other countries native sports apart from their own, and the superbowl, while a very large event in america, is, and will never be, very big in the rest of the world.

Bobic

Nov 10, 2009
I won't be watching it live because, over here, it goes on until 4 in the morning and I need sleep. I will, however, watch it on BBC iplayer some time next week.

Mondai Randy

May 15, 2010
I don't plan on watching , I never found American Football to be interesting (or anything sport except basketball and boxing)

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Can't help but laugh at the use of the word "foreigners"...

You may be interested to know that there will be Super Bowl parties all over Germany... in every bar that inhabits a US installation, and every barracks common area with satellite TV or an enterprising soldier with an internet connection and a new big-screen LCD (so, by foreigners. Y'know, Americans living on European soil).
...and then the morning after there will be much throwing up during PT... to the sadistic amusement of everyone who spent the night covering ears with pillows and trying to sleep despite the racket.
Thankfully, I don't have to deal with that sort of thing anymore. I'll most likely be playing video games with friends.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
Foreigners?
Probably not, I tried to watch it last year but I found it fairly boring.
I find rugby much more entertaining.

eggy32

Nov 19, 2009
No, of course not. I don't like watching sports, especially not American Football, it is the most boring. Also I don't like the names of any of the teams. They sound silly to me.

Marik Bentusi

Aug 20, 2010
Foreigners? I thought we're internetional.
(ohoho silly wordplays)

And no, I'm not interested the slightest. But that goes for all sport events. I just don't see the appeal. At all.

GWarface

Jun 3, 2010
Cant see why i should, but it dont watch sports at all, so maybe thats why...

Football isnt popular in Denmark at all i think and the only time you here about it, is when something happends with that danish guy that plays over there. And that isnt very often...

Randomologist

Aug 6, 2008
Pfft. I'm not even sure if its baseball or American Football, without Googling. I think its the latter but the name doesn't give any clue. I'm a Six Nations/Rugby Union/WRC/F1 fan really.

Calcium

Dec 30, 2010
7moreDead said:
The BBC seem to be pushing the SB for some reason - I myself prefer rugby (go go six nations!).
I remember the commentators said hello to the American viewers midway through the Scotland-France rugby match (cheekily adding they were "probably perplexed by the lack of shoulder pads"). Perhaps there's some deal to show rugby in America and the super bowl here.

I won't be watching though, I'm not interested in sports. Only watched the Scotland game as it's the national team, and a friend on Xbox was shouting "OMG you failures!".

MarviG

Feb 4, 2011
I'm probably not gonna watch it. But a huge majority of my friends are going to, even if it means they wont get any sleep tonight :)

khiliani

May 27, 2010
meh, never got american football, its just overly complecated rugby in body armour, and i cant respect a sport where someone is on the team for the sole act of coming on, kicking a ball,then leaving.