A question for non British people

Mr Cwtchy

Jan 13, 2009
On the day of Thatcher's funeral, an earthquake will strike the country.

It will be caused by almost the entire populations of Scotland, Ireland, Wales and probably a good half of England dancing on her grave at once.

So yeah, from what I've read and heard she was a cold hearted ***** who gutted the working class like a salmon, but with less respect.

I don't have a problem with the Falklands War though, aside from that incident with blowing up a retreating Argentinian warship.

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
I have heard of her however only her name and not much else. I guess I don't have much of an opinion of her.

realist1990

Nov 18, 2011
Ninjamedic said:
I hate her with the intensity of 10,000,000 Foreman Grills. (Irish BTW)

But Ireland has produced a far worse politician, one who screwed up the north, robbed our country blind, and ruined us.
which one? Ahern, Cowen, Leinihen, Harney, Adams, McGuiness, Haughey?

realist1990

Nov 18, 2011
Death_Korps_Kommissar said:
catalyst8 said:
Death_Korps_Kommissar said:
I'm Irish, i'll see if you can guess ;P
Give me a hand & perhaps we can murder the *****.
Well she's well known over here due to the way she dealt with the IRA. Mostly letting hunger strikers die. Since a lot of stupid people down south here still support the IRA they're like Fuck thatcher!
But i don't like her for her political position and being an evil *****.
All I want is Frankie Boyle to be head of the funeral.

one of the few things she did right letting them die, should have let the rest of them starve as well..and don't worry only 15% of us southies support seinn fein,

Rylingo

Aug 13, 2008
As far as im concerned she take her constant blatant class warfare indulging policies and stick them were the sun don't shine. Not that it matters. David Cameron is in charge, and he is busy privitising the NHS by stealth. Maybe we'll be lucky and have a lovely health system like america. Mind you if I lived in mainland england I would probably vote for him because the tories are the only party stuck up enough to tell the European Union to take a running jump. Preferrably off the nearest cliff.

realist1990 said:
one of the few things she did right letting them die, should have let the rest of them starve as well..and don't worry only 15% of us southies support seinn fein,
Considering a fair few of the hunger strikers didn't have a choice I find your stance a little harsh. What would happen to them if they didn't strike whilst their fellows did? How long before they were killed or had their families threatened?

realist1990

Nov 18, 2011
realist1990 said:
Considering a fair few of the hunger strikers didn't have a choice I find your stance a little harsh. What would happen to them if they didn't strike whilst their fellows did? How long before they were killed or had their families threatened?
one could point out that they wouldn't have been there if they hadn't being a member of a terrorist organisation, they weren't innocent men..well most of them weren't

michiehoward

Apr 18, 2010
I think Thatcher is a great woman, great leader. She wasn't a waffler, which scores major points with me.
Canada

Rylingo

Aug 13, 2008
realist1990 said:
one could point out that they wouldn't have been there if they hadn't being a member of a terrorist organisation, they weren't innocent men..well most of them weren't
Considering how dodgey the cops were back then Id be willing to bet a sizable cash sum that a couple were innocent.

Broady Brio

Jun 28, 2009
Question for non British people? You can't stop me!
I wasn't alive when she was Prime Minister. Though my Dad was able to get a house because of one of her polices or something.

B Goy

Jan 5, 2010
Thatcher was less despised by the entire country, more then being despised by the entire media that wasn't called The Sun, Telegraph, Daily Shits and The Times.

She got over 40% of the vote in every election and was able to score three impressive victories in terms of seats so that claim is somewhat bullshit.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
Aussie here.

In the interest of heading off some quotes, (unlikely as they are all the way back here on the 11th/12th page) I know almost nothing about how the British political system works, I've never studied any history that's taken place in BCE and I've got no idea what she actually did.

From what I can gather she's seen to be as amazing at what she did, but no one actually wanted her to do it at the time/at all (Especially in Scotland because she basically ended coal mining or some shit).

EDIT: From what I'm reading in this thread I'm gaining a large amount of respect for her.

It feels a lot like this Carbon tax which had recently gone through in Australia. There's a bunch of complaining from people about how it's going to drive up the cost of living but realistically in 20 years people will point to it and say "Look how Australia led the charge on fighting climate change by instituting a tax on carbon emissions more than 10 times the amount of any other country in the world." and the people who're complaining about it now will say how proud they are to be Australian and point to the southern cross tattooed on their sagging pectorals.

Yeah, I can't say I have a problem with what I have read on her in the last 10 mins but I also don't have any Scottish family.

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
I think this will go quite nicely here: http://www.isthatcherdeadyet.co.uk/

She ruined the lived of many families and towns that have still not recovered from her power.

Slippers

Dec 7, 2010
Lithuanian, from what I have heard. She took a mathematical approach to ruling a country and easily cut of the parts that couldn't stand. I highly approve of her.