A question for the guys . Baths : Yay or Nay?

Kinitawowi

Nov 21, 2012
Utterly hate baths; they take too long (both being in them and running them), soaking in your own filth always feels weird (the awareness that you're doing so, rather than the actual act), and getting the temperature right always seems too much of a crapshoot (our bath is just plain weird when it comes to temperature distribution); plus there's like 11 people living in my house and not all of them are that interested in cleaning out the bath after they've finished OMG OTHER PEOPLE'S PUBES.

However, we don't have a shower in our house because it can't support one (the bathroom is upstairs so there's issues with water pressure, or something), and after the mess the council made installing the bath I'm not sure I'd trust them to do any better with a shower. So baths it is, out of necessity (I've just got out of one, actually). I really need to move out, but London.

Rblade

Mar 1, 2010
not for washing, at least not when I'm actually dirty. But it's close to the ultimate form of relaxation. Really sitting back into a large tub of medium hot water with a cold beer and at least a solid half hour of nothing at all to do. Let all the worries float away for a bit

floppylobster

Oct 22, 2008
I take a lot of baths in the winter. I started taking them more the older I got. And after being in Japan (where everyone takes baths) and working out the perfect temperature to have one at.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
Showers all the way for me - probably been over 15 years since I last actually had a bath. Even when I had a bath in my flat, I still just used the shower unit. I never really have time for a bath and wouldn't be particularly bothered about using one for relaxing in anyway.

May 20, 2009
I haven't had a bath in years. Maybe that's why I'm always so pissed off at everything. Maybe a bath would relax me instead of a quick shower. Thanks for the idea mate.

Echopunk

Jul 6, 2011
Both. I use a near scalding hot bath for muscle relaxation purposes, or to help myself fall asleep, but I always take a thorough shower first. Just marinating in skin soup and calling it a cleansing experience doesn't quite do it for me.

AbsoluteVirtue18

Jan 14, 2009
I haven't taken a bath since puberty. After my growth spurt I got too tall for the tub in any house we moved into, and the one time I got an opportunity to take one it didn't feel right.

amara2021

Mar 29, 2009
My roommate seemed to be very happy about the consistently hot water when we moved into our apartment solely because he could take a bath. I also noticed one day when tripping over his myriad of bath products placed on and around the tub (2x more than his girlfriend for some reason) that he has less than half a bottle of something called "Sport bath salts for men". So I'm guessing baths are probably his favorite thing ever, though he certainly doesn't seem the type o_O.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
Not typically. If I've had a really long day and I'm sore as hell, I sometimes take a bath, but I rarely have the time.

Jamieson 90

Mar 29, 2010
I'm a guy and I have regular baths; I find them very relaxing and a good way to de-stress, especially if I've been at the gym or have been doing something sporty that has caused me to be achy etc.

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
loc978 said:
Yep. Having looked into the science behind it, apparently the best way to actually get clean is to bathe for somewhere over 10 minutes but under an hour to open up your pores, then shower to scrub off the film that leaves on you. So that's what I do every day.

As for the Dude experience... I'm more of a Walter, I bathe with my .45 close to hand. Thugs with ferrets and urine would be well advised to stay the fuck out of my home (I might have been spurred to type that by the pictures of Jeff Bridges with a pair of revolvers all over the ad space here. That would have made The Big Lebowski a much shorter movie).
A feeble protest of "Hey, this is a private residence, man!" would be all I could muster. Well, I could chuck the big, oogle-eyed plastic duckie at them, that might scare them off.

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
I usually prefer baths. Since I had a spinal fusion operation a few ears ago, baths have been much more comfortable than showers.

Piorn

Dec 26, 2007
I thought women only took baths to, you know, "relax", which kind of doesn't work for men.

Disregarding that, I have no real urge to lie in a few liters of water, either. It's either swimming or showering.

purf

Nov 29, 2010
It depends?!

#1 What I have is a shower niche with a curtain and a hole in the floor.
#2 What I had was a bathtub with no way to actually take a shower.

re #1 I miss the tub.
re #2 Showering sucked.

edit:

FoolKiller said:
The Shower Bath

I sit in the tub and let the rain pour over me for an hour.
^^ perfection