A requiem for a 360

mipegg

Aug 26, 2008
d3stroyer427 post=9.71848.738906 said:
It is a sad story. We've all been there. But, there is hope, because Microsoft is awesome!!! They look out for the customers, and give us free replacements of their crappy (yet amazing) product!!!! Behold....The free replacement box!!!! May the second reach its full extent of awesome!!!
What sort of demented world are you living in? Microsoft are a crappy company who cant make anything work right. The 360 is not amaizing, its average and I'm pretty sure that the replacement is only before the years warranty runs out on it.

Dommyboy

Jul 20, 2008
My 360 never broke and a month after I sold it, it broke. The buyers rang me up and I told them that I cant stupidly refund them and they could get it repaired. Silly peoples.

While consoles can't do most of the things a computer can, consoles don't have to go through OS errors, software problems,viruses, spy ware and the large price. Though I am a PC fanboy, always preferred them.
With the original Xbox, if something went wrong you could actually fix it easily. Like a faulty HDD or so, just format a new one and put it in and away you go.

TheDean

Sep 12, 2008
i just brought mine back to the shop and got a new one that day. The new one idn't work, but then got another new one!

Antinash

Sep 13, 2008
CombineSoldier post=9.71848.746372 said:
dude...that sux...that JUST happened 2 my friend and he's pissed cuz he wont get it bak in time for gh4
I guess I should at least be glad that this happened this month instead of October. Fable 2 and Fallout 3 are the games I want on release day, and I was terrified that my 360 would die the week Fable 2 comes out. I am so looking forward to that game. Also can't wait for gh4 :)

Antinash

Sep 13, 2008
TheDean post=9.71848.746419 said:
i just brought mine back to the shop and got a new one that day. The new one idn't work, but then got another new one!
Thats something that also needs to be looked at. I don't see any reason why brand new 360s should break or not be working when first used. This happened to my cousin. Anyone got any ideas why a brand new 360 would be broken upon first use?

JohnMcShoe

Sep 21, 2008
My 360 broke about one year after I got it, so I feel your pain. My friend has a fan add-on on his 360, and hes had his longer than mine and it has yet to red ring. Do the attachable fans/coolers really make that much difference?

B1aze23

Jul 2, 2008
JohnMcShoe post=9.71848.747308 said:
My 360 broke about one year after I got it, so I feel your pain. My friend has a fan add-on on his 360, and hes had his longer than mine and it has yet to red ring. Do the attachable fans/coolers really make that much difference?
Apparently it does make a difference, I've heard that the red ring problem has something to do with the overheating of the motherboard, the motherboard expands slightly thus allowing it to "sag" in the middle. This in turn mis-aligns the components and creates data transfer errors and the red ring appears.

Antinash

Sep 13, 2008
Just thought I'd post my final update on my 360. It has returned to me in all it's former glory. I had no idea the dvd drive was even broken but if microsoft see fit to give me a new drive, might as well take it.
Just wanted to thank all those who have shown their support during this tough time. Your harrowing tales of broken 360s helped lift my pain xD

Antinash

Sep 13, 2008
I was blown away today. Little over a week ago I got my 360 back and today while playing Fable 2 it red ringed again. This isn't on and off. The console is dead. Just those all too familiar red lights blinking up at me. I cannot believe this. I don't know why it has happened. Did they mess up on the repair? I don't know. But what I do know is this:
Xbox Customer Support is open tomorrow at 9am, and I am not the nicest person in the mornings, especially when my xbox is red ringed a week after just getting it back.
Please, has this happened to anyone else? I need to know whether or not I can just request a brand new 360 or must I go through all this again.