A sad day for Heavy metal

NewGeekPhilosopher

Feb 25, 2009
I said it when Salinger died and I'll say it again:

J.D. Salinger = killed by stomach cancer

Osamu Tezuka (creator of Astro Boy) = killed by stomach cancer

H.P. Lovecraft = also killed by stomach cancer

Ronnie James Dio = do you see a pattern here?

Stomach Cancer = it kills visionaries. The real heroes of our times don't put a bullet in their brains like Cobain did. They go down fighting a disease with no cure. Godspeed Dio, Heaven or Hell, let's rock!

Your once and future Fanboy

The Norwegian One
Feb 11, 2009
tjarne said:
"Don't dream of women
'Cause they'll only bring you down"

Don't know if he wrote that song, but that is the one I come to think about. Fits nerdy me.Not a big fan, but R.I.P nevertheless.
yeah he did, thats the song "Dont Talk to Strangers", the Blind Guardian cover is really good.

tjarne

Oct 15, 2009
Done listen through Holy Diver now, for the first time. I'm to young for this. Hungry for Heaven is however his best song(again don't kno if he write it) but Don't talk to strangers is the one who speaks most to me.

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
Dio I'm sure you're up on that silver mountain now.

When I got lessons for an undisclosed instrument the guy that owned the store used to work in a record store with Dio.

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
I never liked his music, but a legend is a legend. His effect on the music world cannot be ignored. RIP Dio, you made the world a better place for many people.

Ekonk

Apr 21, 2009
Normally I'd make a remark concerning a big stick and the body cavities of heavy metal, but seeing as apparently someone died, I'll skip that and go with a silent R.I.P.

Crimson King

May 16, 2009
I personally have never sat down and really listened to anything music involving Dio, but I agree that this is a sad day for Heavy Metal.

Kasawd

Jun 1, 2009
Goodnight, sweet prince.

I hardly listened to thy music but you were quite the influential figure.

Rest In Peace, I suppose. I'll gladly raise the Maloik in your memory