A sad day for humanity or at least the public image of these women.

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
Necator15 said:
Freedom doesn't mean "Do whatever the hell you want without consequence." Freedom is having the ability to choose to do what you want and having the responsibility of living with the consequences. If you choose to say something on national TV that large parts of the public find deeply offensive and you get fired as a result, then your decisions led you to that point, and you have to accept the consequences.

This was absolutely sick of them to say, and if they don't at least have to apologize to keep their jobs I'll be absolutely shocked.
I'm not talking about freedom, I'm talking about freedom of speech. The moment you put consequences upon a person for stating their opinion you are equivocally trying to silence her aka censor her BECAUSE her opinion offended you. You're trying to discourage her from saying something that offends you. THAT is censorship and THAT is why, if you want to critique her, you should send HER an e-mail and not the network heads.

SenseOfTumour said:
My bad, I've edited my post, as I daftly left off the words 'TAKEN AWAY', which makes my opinion a bit clearer.

I meant 'I'd suggest we're hoping she gets her ability to be paid to spout said opinion to millions' taken away, just as if anyone who has a public voice was openly hostile in a sexist, racist or other discriminatory way.

They're all welcome to their freedom of speech, but as I said, it's not a right to get on TV to spread that speech to millions, or every nutter would be on there.

I'm not suggesting we take away her freedom of speech, merely lessen it to the half a dozen or so people who'd actually pay attention to such rambling nonsense if it wasn't on TV.
She gets payed to host a talkshow, that much should be obvious. I suppose having the audacity to say your own opinion on that show should get her fired but unfortunately that's now how freedom of speech works. She has THE RIGHT to say whatever she wants and whether or not she gets payed for it is irrelevant. The ONLY reason you want her fired is because she offended you. Whether or not what she said is sexist is irrelevant. What IS relevant is the fact that you people are trying to get her fired for exercising her basic human rights.

Bottom line, it is in her human rights to spout whatever bullshit she has buried deep inside her little mind. Your job isn't to bestow consequences upon her opinion if you find it offensive but to change that opinion using logical arguments etc.

Freedom of speech is a two way business. You can't say people can say anything they want without censorship, claim to support that clause but warn them that the moment they offend you they might lose their job/car/house etc. That's not freedom of speech, that's doing something terrorists have been doing for ages. Trying to enforce your opinion upon others through the use of fear. I'm not saying you or anyone else here is a terrorist.

Remember, what she spouts on TV is HER opinion and she has the right to do so. If other people hear it, great! They can form their own opinion about her. Seriously, we have enough political correctness on TV already. Do we honestly need it in every single show? I don't applaud the host's comments but I do applaud the fact that she had the courage to share that opinion, as offensive as it might have been. If we start censoring every single person who offends someone in the end, no one would be able to say anything.

Also lessen it? I'm sorry but there's no such thing. You either support freedom of speech or you support censorship. There's no other way around it.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
That was a great video, and the video description on the actual YouTube page has a link to a CBS complaint form.
I sent one in, and I encourage others to do the same.

As the guy in the video already said: Genital mutilation, or any mutilation, because of an argument, marital or otherwise, is beyond disgusting. He didn't deserve it, and anyone who supports this woman and her outlandish, premeditated assault on this man is freaking retarded.

Vault Girl

Apr 17, 2010
SpaceBat said:
SirAroun said:
this was plain old sexism mix with cuntness and the totally defilement of feminism's gender equality ideals
Pretty much. Cutting off one's penis is not acceptable under any circumstances and the wife's behavior being appalling even after she cut his penis off makes it even worse. I hope she gets what's coming to her.

And now onto the women on the show: The only thing that came out of their mouth that was reasonable and actually intelligent was from the Caucasian woman second to the left (The brunette that plays in that awful big bang theory show), because she basically just pointed out the blatant sexism of the entire conversation.

I'll quote it:
"There's something I want to point out, not to be like a total buzz kill, but it is a little bit sexist, like if somebody cut a womans breast off, nobody would be sitting laughing, it's not that right to sit around laughing about it if we think about it.

During this, you can see the host going "Oh god, I hate rational though in my show". Afterwards, the red haired woman says it's not the same, with the host IMMEDIATELY agreeing, and then jokes about it some more. You know why it's not the same? Because she would be right and it would put them in a bad light and it would stop being funny.

All of those women, except for the one that came with a rational statement, should do us all a favor and never show up on TV ever again, especially that red headed ****.

Vault Girl said:
Poor guy, This sort of shows sexism against Men in this day and age, where Modern semi-popular women laugh at a guy getting mutilated cus his wife was pissed off at him. I wouldn't suppose they thought it would be funny if a guy slapped them for not being in the kitchen and everyone laughed at that. What a blatant use of double standards.
Completely agreed about everything you said. I honestly can't understand where people get the nerve to just laugh at a poor guys misery.

AndyFromMonday said:
Those women have the right to express their opinion, period. Whether or not its considered disgusting is irrelevant to the matter at hand. Freedom of speech goes both way and you should do well and remember that. You can't have freedom of speech but censor those who have an opposing opinion.
That's the point, though. There is no freedom of speech that goes both ways in such matters. These women can get away with such vile comments without any consequences. They can get on TV and just do stupid shit like this. If men did the opposite however, they would get sued, feminists would eat them alive, the episode would immediately be taken off the air and perhaps even the same for the show itself or at the very least, the episode would get censored. There is no equality, so don't blame people when they want shit like this taken off the air.

And Freedom of speech protects them against the law (which it should), not criticism.

everyone has the right to freedom of speech, however, every rational human being has the ability to engage in Modesty. Just because we CAN say things does not equate to "we should always".

The actions of these women is one of the reasons why, even though I'm a girl, i have a certain loathing of feminism, because in most cases it seems to only be used to exact blame on men for a majority of problems that don't even concern them. All these women are doing are appealing to Women who are in situations where they have a problem with a man and compounding it with visceral humor.

I'd like to point out that the Red head is Sharon Osbourne (wife of Ozzy Osbourne) and is considered to be toxic over here in the U.K, which is why i would not listen to a word she says. Serious a toxic lady and a shame to others.

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
aegix drakan said:
...Dear ladies from "the talk"....Since you support wives chopping off their husband's penis over stupid arguments, I assume you're also in support of women in third world countries having their nether regions surgically mangled in the name of tradition, right?

No? You say that's terrible and totally different? ...Perhaps. But it boils down to the same thing: forcibly destroying a person's reproductive organs. And that's no good. So think about what you're advocating please.

Also...how the !@#$ will that poor guy take a leak now?
*hopes that woman gets her ass handed to her in court for a retardedly huge sum of money*
I imagine he'll pee the same way an elderly person with no bladder control would, having a tube inserted into the bladder and having it drain into a bag.

This poor guy didn't deserve this, I can think of nothing that would make someone deserve that sort of horror. I can understand the need to laugh about horrible things occationally because if we didn't the world would be a terrible place full of depression and suicide but at least 2 of those women seemed to find it hysterical and continued to make excuses for the psychopath after that one lady mentioned the hypocracy in it.

Lynx

Jul 24, 2009
I can't help but think of what the reactions had been if the situation were reversed. That is, if a man cut off his wife's clitoris, which was later joked about by a group of men on a morning show. That would probably have been seen as even more scandalous.

I take solace in the fact that those women are complete and utter idiots, however, I weep for the injustice. Women in poor countries are molested and violated in the same way every single day, and no one would even think of joking about it. One should not joke about this either.

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
Imp Emissary said:
brandon237 said:
I know what you mean too friend. Personally, I think everyone should try being a bit more like positive pessimistics.(People who have a negative outlook, but are happy about that.)

I think people should stop hating others for being what they are, and just hate everyone simply for being. If everyone hates everyone and everything, then we have to spread our hate so thin that we can only hate each thing and person only so slightly. At least that's the theory.

See you later friend. ;) I hate you.
This made me laugh...

Although I was only getting at semantics, not the deeper meaning of being the world's kindest cynical bastard :p Although that sounds fun, like a kind of Superman who fondles every third person he saves... disregard that line please >.<

I hate you too :)

SpaceBat

Jul 9, 2011
Vault Girl said:
everyone has the right to freedom of speech, however, every rational human being has the ability to engage in Modesty. Just because we CAN say things does not equate to "we should always".
This is obviously something I agree with; all I wanted to point out with the last part of my previous comment was that the right to freedom of speech isn't always equal for everyone. And well, modesty is apparently a lost virtue to nearly everyone these days.

Vault Girl said:
The actions of these women is one of the reasons why, even though I'm a girl, i have a certain loathing of feminism, because in most cases it seems to only be used to exact blame on men for a majority of problems that don't even concern them. All these women are doing are appealing to Women who are in situations where they have a problem with a man and compounding it with visceral humor.
You shouldn't loathe feminism at all. In fact, no one should. Feminism is mostly the reason why womens rights have incredibly improved compared to the past. Feminism is about equality, which is something that deserves respect and the kinds of people you rightfully dislike, the people who do the things you mention (and many other stupid things I'm sure you've read about) are by no means feminists. They're just annoying idiots.

So yes, I hate the kinds of people you mentioned in the quote above just as much as you do, meaning I hate sexist, lazy, morons. I have no problem whatsoever with actual feminism which works towards equality between genders, however and I'm sure you feel the same. No point in hating something commendable because of a vocal, idiotic minority.

Vault Girl said:
I'd like to point out that the Red head is Sharon Osbourne (wife of Ozzy Osbourne) and is considered to be toxic over here in the U.K, which is why i would not listen to a word she says. Serious a toxic lady and a shame to others.
Doesn't surprise me much. I hadn't looked up her name, because putting any effort into finding out more information about someone as vile as her would have felt as a waste of my time. Thanks for the information, however.

Mandalore_15

Aug 12, 2009
We've know for years that Sharon Osborne is a fucking ****, hence how she seems to make enemies with just about every decent band that ever played Ozzfest...

Regardless of that, I don't get disgusted by this kind of thing very often but the women on that show are just plain bitches. I hope to christ they lose their jobs over this, and that the jizz-stain Sharon gets lumped with a huge fucking lawsuit.

mental_looney

Apr 29, 2008
Stupid bints talk crap on tv, that's like the entirety of daytime tv can't punish people for their stupid opinions

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Oh man. I'd quite like those women to suffer such pain for such a small offense.

Jezzascmezza

Aug 18, 2009
God, that's just awful.
Can you imagine a group of men sitting around on a TV show laughing and supporting another man who mutilated a woman's genitals?
There's no way that'd be allowed, but reverse the genders and it's somehow okay?

Doctor Glocktor

Aug 1, 2009
Spot1990 said:
Oh people, don't become one of those daily mail readers who fires off a complaint e-mail, not because they saw something on tv that offended them, but because they heard about something that was on tv that offended them. Actually don't complain at all. Don't like it? Don't watch the show, but don't decide that an entertainer who people enjoy watching should get axed just because you don't like what they're saying. You'd think after the recent SCOTUS case gamers would have a little bit more appreciation for how annoying it is when dickheads try to censor something you like.
I wasn't aware that there were games out there mocking crippled people. Mind pointing me to one?

TheFinalFantasyWolf

Dec 23, 2010
As a woman, I'd like to say. WTF?!

This is disgusting, they are mocking a persons suffering. This is a human being who derserved no such torture and was mutilated.

Why is it that there is always mysogynistic, perverted, abusers that make decent and good men look bad, and stupid, femininstic, man hating bitches that take more control rather than equality, and end up making decent women look bad. Everyone is so unbalanced that we end up with some ridiculous double standards.

I'm so sick of it. Everything is just so stuffed up.

(BTW, Just saying, I know not all abusers are male, but since the majority are, it has a negetive impact on the overall image of men.)

kittii-chan 300

Feb 27, 2011
technoted said:
Truth be told I'm a guy and I'd hate to have my tallywhacker lopped off, none the less this made me laugh and who cares what people think? I for one am glad that they broadcast women saying that more women should slash off more mens dicks, I don't agree with it but it shows that people can say what they want and not be forced to say what some higher power tells them to say.
Oh my god! tallywhacker means penis?!? thats what ive been saying all this time?!?

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
AndyFromMonday said:
Necator15 said:
Freedom doesn't mean "Do whatever the hell you want without consequence." Freedom is having the ability to choose to do what you want and having the responsibility of living with the consequences. If you choose to say something on national TV that large parts of the public find deeply offensive and you get fired as a result, then your decisions led you to that point, and you have to accept the consequences.

This was absolutely sick of them to say, and if they don't at least have to apologize to keep their jobs I'll be absolutely shocked.
I'm not talking about freedom, I'm talking about freedom of speech. The moment you put consequences upon a person for stating their opinion you are equivocally trying to silence her aka censor her BECAUSE her opinion offended you. You're trying to discourage her from saying something that offends you. THAT is censorship and THAT is why, if you want to critique her, you should send HER an e-mail and not the network heads.

SenseOfTumour said:
My bad, I've edited my post, as I daftly left off the words 'TAKEN AWAY', which makes my opinion a bit clearer.

I'm not suggesting we take away her freedom of speech, merely lessen it to the half a dozen or so people who'd actually pay attention to such rambling nonsense if it wasn't on TV.
She gets payed to host a talkshow, that much should be obvious. I suppose having the audacity to say your own opinion on that show should get her fired but unfortunately that's now how freedom of speech works. She has THE RIGHT to say whatever she wants and whether or not she gets payed for it is irrelevant. The ONLY reason you want her fired is because she offended you. Whether or not what she said is sexist is irrelevant. What IS relevant is the fact that you people are trying to get her fired for exercising her basic human rights.

Also lessen it? I'm sorry but there's no such thing. You either support freedom of speech or you support censorship. There's no other way around it.
It's not about offending me, it's about hate speech, she's saying it's fine to violently attack men for trivial reasons, I'm pretty sure racial or religious hatred isn't covered by freedom of speech, and I'd consider sexual hatred should be in there too.

In the end, by voicing opinions like this, she's chipping away at the idea that domestic violence against men is ok, and only men beat their partners anyway. I don't support her in the same I don't support the KKK or WBC getting their own TV show, I'd complain about those too. I guess I don't flatly support freedom of speech, and I can live with that, if it means I have to accept people inciting people to maim or murder others.

It's very easy to say stuff that appeals to the lowest common denominator, but anyone with a voice on TV, radio, or in the newspapers, really has a responsibility attached to the freedom.

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
SenseOfTumour said:
It's not about offending me, it's about hate speech, she's saying it's fine to violently attack men for trivial reasons, I'm pretty sure racial or religious hatred isn't covered by freedom of speech, and I'd consider sexual hatred should be in there too.
It doesn't matter what she said, it matters that she has the right to say it. Whether it is hate speech or not is irrelevant. As a human being, she has the right to state her opinion on a certain group of people, be it hateful or not. If she says it's fine to violently attack men, that is her opinion. People can either agree or disagree with that statement but in the end, she has the right to say that just like you have the right to say she is wrong in her remarks.

SenseOfTumour said:
In the end, by voicing opinions like this, she's chipping away at the idea that domestic violence against men is ok, and only men beat their partners anyway. I don't support her in the same I don't support the KKK or WBC getting their own TV show, I'd complain about those too. I guess I don't flatly support freedom of speech, and I can live with that, if it means I have to accept people inciting people to maim or murder others.
And I'm sorry but I cannot agree with that. What she did was disgusting but it is in her rights to voice her opinion be it violent in nature or not. People can hear that opinion and form their own opinions based on what they've heard. Even so, the only people who agree with her are those who share her opinion one form or another. If violence ever comes from her remarks it would have happened whether she would have made them or not.

I don't agree with the opinions of the WBC and KKK but I will support their right to state them free of consequence. I'll even support their right to host a TV show. Again, they're people with an opposing view point and whether or not you or me disagree with it is irrelevant. They're people, they have opinions and freedom of speech dictates that they have the right to state that opinion free of consequence no matter how hateful and disgusting it may be.

SenseOfTumour said:
It's very easy to say stuff that appeals to the lowest common denominator, but anyone with a voice on TV, radio, or in the newspapers, really has a responsibility attached to the freedom.
You mean the responsibility for them to conform to your view of the world? Sorry, that's not freedom of speech and neither is it freedom. That's censorship. As a human being one of the most fundamental things you can have is the right to express your opinion free of consequence. We can't have freedom of speech by censoring those we disagree with.

Chibz

Sep 12, 2008
Hmmmmmm. I hereby extend my "solution for piracy" to this woman. *Takes off hat*

Yeah. She did something pretty monstrous, and to be called anything short of a monster for it is... Well, awful.