A sad day for the escapist, as we have lost a dear friend

Hader

Jul 7, 2010
stinkychops said:
Holyshit.

I'm shocked and saddened to hear this. She was one of my favourite posters, everything she did on this site suggested she was a great person.

These forums just got significantly worse.

My commiserations to her friends and family.
Agreed.

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
Why was Stinkychops suspended over that? He was right. Posting poetry immediately after hearing a real person died and saying you're gonna make a Minecraft memorial seems insensitive (better would be a real-life memorial), at least to me.

I didn't know Kortney, but I'm very sorry to hear she's gone.

Squeaky

Mar 6, 2010
I didnt know her but doesnt stop me showing my respects. Rest in peace, hopefully they have forums were ever you are.

M4t3us

Oct 13, 2009
It's good to see a community pulling together, even in the midst of the situation's morbidity.
While I didn't know her personally I'm sorry that another life is lost due to reckless driving.
:-(

Gigano

Whose Eyes Are Those Eyes?
Oct 15, 2009
...damn, that really saddens me to hear.

I had a few debates with her, and she was always an articulate and thorough debater, with whom I might seldom have agreed, but whom I could always respect.

I'll certainly miss seeing her around, and my condolences to those who knew her in person.

Nickolai77

Apr 3, 2009
I'm really saddened to hear this. I'm a semi-regular poster on R&P so i knew of Kortney. She was a good, well respected poster whom i held in high esteem. My sympathies go to her friends and family, she will be missed :(

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
Hader said:
It is with a heavy heart I bring this news to everyone here. Our fellow escapist, and my dear friend, [user]Kortney[/user], passed away a few days ago.
I didn't know Kortney really, but the name is familiar so I'm sure I corresponded with her at some point. I've lost a lot of people lately, so my sympathies.

Here's some music that seems fitting.

Flamehero1

Jun 6, 2010
I knew her not except from a couple of memorable posts. I'm sorry to hear her life was cut short, may she have rest now whereever she may be. Rest in peace Kourtney, an in the knowledge that these forums have already filled 15 pages of people remembering you and respecting your passing.

Hader

Jul 7, 2010
Imperator_DK said:

I had a few debates with her, and she was always an articulate and thorough debater, with whom I might seldom have agreed, but whom I could always respect.

I'll certainly miss seeing her around, and my condolences to those who knew her in person.
I think you frustrated her quite a bit from time to time. You know, in the good way, however you would describe it for debators :p. She enjoyed debating you, in short.

PatSilverFox

Apr 2, 2011
I am a bit unsympathetic I'm sorry.
There is just so much trauma going on around me I have a lack of feeling.
A 15 year old friend of mine just died of heart failure as well.

I hope both of them are in a better place now.

cryogeist

Apr 16, 2010
R.I.P Kourtney you sound like an awesome person
if heaven exists then enjoy it
Or if reincarnation is real may you have an enjoyable next life

...also i wonder how many are gonna get banned/suspended in here...so far i have seen 1

EDIT:make that like....5-10...

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
I can't say I knew her, but she was one of the community, and as such she will be missed.

My sincerest condolances to her friends and family. May you all find strength through her memory.

UnusualStranger

Keep a hat handy
Jan 23, 2010
Well....I can only wish her family the best as all this unfolds around them.

It makes me sad to hear someone go like that, and I can only hope her the best in whatever comes after this mess of life.

May they take care, and be a reminder to us of what can happen as we walk this world.

Gigano

Whose Eyes Are Those Eyes?
Oct 15, 2009
Hader said:
Imperator_DK said:

I think you frustrated her quite a bit from time to time. You know, in the good way, however you would describe it for debators :p. She enjoyed debating you, in short.
And I her.

It seemed to me she'd seen a lot of troubling things in her life, maturing her well beyond her years. Truly a tragedy that she did not get to put all that experience to good use for longer than she did.