A series is needed

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
Apart from what folks have already recommended, I'd like to throw in Oban: Star Racers; it's a french-japanese joint venture and a fine show; the voice acting, animation, plot, and character development are all great.

uneek

Sep 4, 2011
Athol said:
I can't belive it hasn't been mentioned yet...Samurai Jack. I suck at really explaining things so I leave it to you do some research.
Come on. You know how to do it.

LONG AGO IN A DISTANT PAST...

uneek

Sep 4, 2011
Orks da best said:
uneek said:
Please I beg of you, people. For the love of God, do not bring up the show that must not be named. You know the one. The one that causes flame wars. That one certain show based on that certain toy with that certain fanbase. NO, I don't care if it's great and that he might just enjoy it. Please, keep this from turning ugly.

That being said, Adventure Time is pretty nice.
Would it be My little pony: Friendship is magic per chance?

Mwahahahahahaha sorry but couldn't resist the chance, too good to pass up.

As for the op, the hub as G.I. Joe, transformers Prime, which is now in season 2, batman: TAS and beyone, and disney has the avengers earth's mightest heros, and CN has Generator rex, ben ten (though that serious is far past its prime), and um... i forget, rarely watch that channel nowdays.

or find a show thats been taken offair and watch it on youtube, or find Dvds for it.
You know what? Since we all know what I was talking about and there are no flame wars so far, go ahead, say the name.

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
Gabanuka said:
Yeh I probably should be more specific
.Good animation
.At least a minor focus on relationship and character growth
.Preferably a large scoping adventure
Lets see, I would say:
Tower of Druaga: Fantasy Anime with pretty good animation, relationships between characters are focused on, and it is an adventure scoping two seasons (24 episodes if I remember correctly). First episode is not representative of the theme of the entire series.

Eureka Seven: Mecha Anime, Relationships and character growth are probably over 90% of the plot, animation is brilliant. Highly recommended.

Gurren Lagann: Watch it. Best. MECHA. Anime. EVER!

FLCL (Fooly Cooly): The most F**KED up coming of age story you will ever watch. Animation varies thematically with no warning (From manga strips to southpark). Only a few episodes long. Makes little to no sense but somehow tells the best story ever.

Soul Eater: Each character has their own quirks that go from annoyances to endearing over the course of the series, animation is top notch, Pretty good adventure.

Heroman: Stan Lee (The guy who co-created almost all of the Marvel heroes) produced an anime with Bones (Eureka Seven, Soul Eater, Fullmetal Alchemist). Need I say more?

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Wow no love for Venture Brothers? I say, for a cartoon that didn't seem to be serious at the beginning, it sure took a turn for awesome by the end of season 3.
If you haven't watched this... GO TEAM VENTURE!

uneek

Sep 4, 2011
DVS BSTrD said:
Please tell me you've also seen at least one episode of Futurama or Venture Bros.
Hell even the Johnny Quest Reboot.
<youtube=0_uYJySWlco>
Did I say even? I meant especially.
There was a Johnny Quest reboot?

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Adventure Time, The Regular Show and Archer (some episodes are about "adventuring", others aren't)

uneek

Sep 4, 2011
DVS BSTrD said:
uneek said:
DVS BSTrD said:
Please tell me you've also seen at least one episode of Futurama or Venture Bros.
Hell even the Johnny Quest Reboot.
<youtube=0_uYJySWlco>
Did I say even? I meant especially.
There was a Johnny Quest reboot?
Where were you in the nineties?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Real_Adventures_of_Jonny_Quest
Being raised. I'm 17. But I do seem to remember that opening.

Monkeyman O'Brien

Jan 27, 2012
The DC comics universe cartoons.
It spans Batman, Superman, (possibly a few more series) JLA, JLU, Young Justice. Plus several movies.
Then just go watch Batman Beyond. Its awesomesauce.
I am kinda annoyed that there aint a Flash animated series. Dudes funny as hell.

uneek

Sep 4, 2011
Athol said:
uneek said:
...I AKU THE SHAPE SHIFTING MASTER OF DARKNESS UNLEASHED AN UNSPEAKABLE EVIL...
Everybody, join along

..BUT A FOOLISH SAMURAI WARRIOR WIELDING A MAGIC SWORD STEPPED FORTH TO OPPOSE ME...

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
uneek said:
Athol said:
uneek said:

..BUT A FOOLISH SAMURAI WARRIOR WIELDING A MAGIC SWORD STEPPED FORTH TO OPPOSE ME...
*Fight Sounds*

...BUT BEFORE THE FINAL BLOW WAS STRUCK I TORE OPEN A PORTAL IN AND FLUNG HIM INTO THE FUTURE WHERE MY EVIL IS LAW...

Chicago Ted

Jan 13, 2009
Athol said:
uneek said:
Athol said:
uneek said:

*Fight Sounds*

...BUT BEFORE THE FINAL BLOW WAS STRUCK I TORE OPEN A PORTAL IN AND FLUNG HIM INTO THE FUTURE WHERE MY EVIL IS LAW...
...NOW THE FOOL SEEKS TO RETURN TO THE PAST...

Just going to plug them since they were the shows from my childhood, but Digimon Series 1 and 3, and Medabots!

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
Chicago Ted said:
Athol said:
uneek said:
Athol said:
uneek said:

*Fight Sounds*

...NOW THE FOOL SEEKS TO RETURN TO THE PAST...
...AND UNDO THE FUTURE THAT IS AKU...

direkiller

Dec 4, 2008
DoPo said:
ReBoot - old-ish one, one of the first computer animated shows (in the mid to late 90's, I believe) but I really enjoyed it. It's about the life inside a computer in a city called Mainframe. Rather funny at first and stays so for most of the time but later seasons do get darker.
worst(lack of) ending ever

still loved the show
but the ending is a big what the hell happens next

Jan 18, 2012
uneek said:
A lot of people seem to bring up Justice League. Was it anything like Batman:tas?
Yes, it carries on from both Batman TAS and Superman TAS as well as adding Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern (Jon Stewart), Hawkgirl, and almost every other DC superhero in Justice League: Unlimited.

Nargleblarg

Jun 24, 2008
Freechoice said:
Megas XLR because

Yeah, there's like no continuity to make characters or the story any deeper than they already are, but fuck it. Chicks dig Giant robots.
Yes this, you sir have won 50 internets.

This was the best show when it was on, sadly never dvd released but is on itunes thankfully. Such a funny, awesome show yet also makes many references to games, anime, movies, etc.