A series is needed

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
Did you see BOTH Fullmetal Alchemist series? Both the original cartoon and Brotherhood? (Brotherhood is based more on the manga than the first cartoon series, which was less based on the manga).

Naruto might be your thing, or at least it has plenty of episodes to keep you satiated.

Also, from a more-Western perspective, I've seen every episode of South Park and I'd put that in my list of top cartoons for sure.

EDIT: Oh, and you have to see Samurai Jack. Hands down. Thanks for the reminder, people further up. Great freaking show.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
Honestly, you have a lot of shows to choose from. A large percentage of the animated series that were made before 2010 are awesome. There have been a lot of good one that have popped up over the last two years as well, but most of the good stuff is generally from three or more years ago. I would list a couple of my favorites, but pretty much all of the ones I would have listed have been listed at least twice by now.

Wintermute_

Sep 20, 2010
go find Fooly Cooly. 7 episodes, great animation, funny, weird, generally awesome.

Also, I recommend The Amazing World of Gumball. Impressive animation that mixes multiple styles, and the zany comedy and characters are unendingly entertaining. Right up there with Adventure time.

Also, if you want something a bit more mature, Venture Brothers, especially the later episodes is criminally hilarious and entertaining. It stands as one of my favorite shows adult swim has ever aired. Also, the first and third season of robot chicken.

Or batman beyond. Just don't watch the tie-in finale. It will ruin everything for you as it did me.

SlaveNumber23

A WordlessThing, a ThinglessWord
Aug 9, 2011
I recommend Death Note or Gungrave, both are quite dark but both are fantastic.

uneek

Sep 4, 2011
Legomaniac91 said:
uneek said:
A lot of people seem to bring up Justice League. Was it anything like Batman:tas?
Yes, it carries on from both Batman TAS and Superman TAS as well as adding Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern (Jon Stewart), Hawkgirl, and almost every other DC superhero in Justice League: Unlimited.
I mean in terms of writing and level of excellence. I knew all that.

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
Id never suggest My Little Pony. No, never. :D
Not because it isnt one of the greatest series ever. Nope. Because i dont push my ideals on others. But Its there. You know. If you wanna watch it.

And while i cant really give any recommendations on any animes at the moment, the manga "Its not my fault im not popular" is pretty good. "Rosario-Vampire" wasnt bad either.

Anime wise though, i couldnt recommend anything you probably havent seen. Maybe.... Desert Punk? Witchblade was ok, but nothing spectacular to me. The Ragnarok anime, based of the mmo was decent. Shikabane Hime was above average. Possibly one of the best ive seen the past few years.

Other then that? :D Nope. Nothing. Definitely not MLP!

Jan 18, 2012
uneek said:
Legomaniac91 said:
uneek said:
A lot of people seem to bring up Justice League. Was it anything like Batman:tas?
Yes, it carries on from both Batman TAS and Superman TAS as well as adding Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern (Jon Stewart), Hawkgirl, and almost every other DC superhero in Justice League: Unlimited.
In my opinion, it carries that over as well. The stories are something you could easily see in a comic book and despite the massive roster in "Unlimited" the episodes focus on a few select heroes at a time giving them depth and personality.

The Diabolical Biz

Jun 25, 2009
Gurren Lagann and Black Dynamite immediately spring to mind.

And just for the heck of it, I'll cast in another vote for Adventure Time. That show is the bomb.

uneek

Sep 4, 2011
Legomaniac91 said:
uneek said:
Legomaniac91 said:
uneek said:
In my opinion, it carries that over as well. The stories are something you could easily see in a comic book and despite the massive roster in "Unlimited" the episodes focus on a few select heroes at a time giving them depth and personality.
Oh. Sounds nice then. Thanks.

Gottesstrafe

Oct 23, 2010
Freechoice said:
Megas XLR because

-youtube snip-

Yeah, there's like no continuity to make characters or the story any deeper than they already are, but fuck it. Chicks dig Giant robots.
Ditto on that.

Also, I've recently begun rewatching the old Gargoyles cartoon on my spare time. It actually holds up pretty well.