A special game from your childhood that no one else seems to have played

Grimh

Feb 11, 2009
TizzytheTormentor said:
Did you ever finish it? I finished it when I was but a wee lad, strange how I could figure out these puzzles with my dad the first time but replaying it, we are stumped! The dream sequences always pissed me off.

Game had some stellar music!
This always scared the living shit out of me as a child!
Yeah I finished it twice. Some of the puzzles did give me a hard time (both times lol) but I got through it in the end.
Man that music sure takes me back, and yeah that last one always creeped me out, it's gonna be a real nostalgia trip when I get to fire it up again. It'll be interesting to see if I've gotten any smarter since last time haha.

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
Tachyon: The Fringe. A rather good space fighter sim which I haven't met a single other person who has played it.

BlueSinbad

Oct 18, 2010
Infernai said:
B-movie aka. Invasion from Beyond. Sweet jesus, i don't think there is anybody else in the world who still remembers playing this:

Not the best game in the world, not by a long shot, but still fun in it's own kooky sort of way.
Holy crap I remember that! I always thought it was awesome but only ever had the demo! I want this now! Kickstarter for a sequel I say!

Rottweiler

Jan 20, 2008
I am very much looking forward to the Shadowrun kickstarter...especially after the travesty that was the xbox 360 'Shadowrun'.

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
If there's one game I want to make a really awesome comeback beyond anything else, it's Future Cop L.A.P.D for the PS1.

This game was the tits. I actually found it in a $2 shop a few years ago and bought it outright, took it home and put it into my PS3, to be rewarded with the game that was MY ENTIRE CHILDHOOD OF GAMING BEING AS FUCKING AWESOME AS I REMEMBER IT.

Check it. The beginning of the video is all boring exposition from the player, but once it gets into the game it's awesome. I also know that to most people it'll just look like another PS1 game, but to anyone who has a PS3 and some cash spare in their online wallets, pick it up on the PS Store. You won't be disappointed.

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
Well I would say Abe's Oddysee/Exoddus, but I've seen a fair few people mentioning those online and they have gained several online releases more recently, so they don't really count.

Instead I'll say:

Douglas Adam's Starship Titanic

And Overboard

Both of which I played on my family's old Windows 95 computer.

Fluffythepoo

Sep 29, 2011
Any of the warcraft rts games.. i mean not even 3.. 3 was pretty much my entire life during grade 4 and none of my irl friends have played it, and maybe 1 in 30 people you meet on wow will have played it

Stealthygamer

Apr 25, 2010
iAmNothing said:
Billy Hatcher & The Giant Egg.

It was for the Gamecube and it was so unbelievably strange and awesome and had one of the most catchy theme tunes EVER

It basically involved finding various large eggs, pushing them along to squash fruit so that they would grow until they were big enough to yell at until they cracked and a cool little creature would come out which you then tamed and used to fight big devil cats and save your friends.

Nuff said.
That game was cool, and you could also get Sonic to hatch out of an egg aswell

Nuclear_Suspect

Jun 1, 2010
Mine would be Master of Magic [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPnUd2kBcEo] my god i spent a lot of hours on that!

Also One Must Fall 2097 [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15bvpznQP5M] that was one sweet sweet fighting game, although strangely enough you started with the best bot.

AyreonMaiden

Sep 24, 2010
Konami Wai Wai World on the NES. It was a Konami crossover platformer game on the NES where you gather a bunch of heroes from Konami franchises and games and you have to save the earth from some aliens or something. It was in Japanese and I was a kid in Venezuela when I last played it, so it wasn't until last year that I discovered the name of the game after thoroughly searching Gamefaqs' list of NES games from A to W...It was worth it though, for a game of my childhood.

Iszfury

Oct 25, 2011
Dinosaur Hunter.
If only didactic multimedia terrified me as much as Amnesia does nowadays.
I swear, this shit is flat out creepy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUjcql4YedI

FreebirdLegend

Feb 3, 2011
Toy commander for the dreamcast. I loved it when I was a kid. The ending for it was possibly the first game that made me cry. Or at least feel really sad. Wish they could have made another.

pilouuuu

Aug 18, 2009
Terramex. It was an action adventure about an agent that tries to find a scientist who is the only one who can save Earth from an incoming meteor.

dancinginfernal

Sep 5, 2009
Definitely Raiden Project. Which, as I later discovered, was Raiden 1 and 2.

God, I adored those games. Not to mention the catchy-ass intro theme. Nostalgia overload just hearing it.

Captcha: easy as cake - Bullshit Captcha, that shit was hard for a 5-year-old.

AniThari

Jun 26, 2010
Hm, now let's see what I got in the old memory bank in the rare section of my mind.

Oh! Got one from the "N64" cabinet, filed under "fighting", subsection "M". I present to you Mace: The Dark Age. Looking back I can only describe it as a wonky mix of Mortal Kombat and Soul Caliber - but it was amusing especially on the N64. Example: Fatalities on a Nintendo console?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pcomUBll0Y

And for mood whiplash after that, might I suggest a little Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy? I almost wish this property would get sold to Nintendo, or Insomniac Games, maybe Naughty Dog, or even Double Fine. Hell, auctioned off even because Eurocom doesn't seem to want to do anything with it. I'm just so tired of downer titles and gray-washed worlds.

I could almost swear someone has been running over the pets of game designers recently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc2jsNbR7Po