A thread for all things Positive.

ImmortalDrifter

Jan 6, 2011
Hello my fellow Escapists!

I'm going to keep this simple. Everything lately has been so negative, no one can look on the bright side anymore. So I'm making this thread where you can! Did you like a recent popular game that people call you "stupid" or "insipid" for enjoying? Sing its praises here! Are you excited about a recent cinematic trailer, but don't want to be called foolish by all of the people parroting Yahtzee? Post about it here! Are you actually happy with something a publisher has recently done but don't want to be called a "sheep" for actually being happy about it? Are you happy about anything at all?

RIGHT IN HERE!

Let me begin. This is pretty old, but I think it deserves some attention. Many people think that the more artistic cover-art for Bioshock: Infinite should have been on the front. I prefer it to be printed on the back so the rating's shit isn't all over it!

See? It's easy to not be an edgy pessimist 24/7! Try it! It's free! :D

ImmortalDrifter

Jan 6, 2011
SpunkeyMonkey said:
ImmortalDrifter said:
SpunkeyMonkey said:
Nice try fella :)
Well I tried ya know. Being happy on the Escapist is apparently against forum rules. >.>
Lol, studies show those with a more positive outlook on life tend to do better, so just keep trucking dude. :)
Well this thread is probably gonna burn out, but thanks for participating! It's nice to meet another person with a nice thing to say about... anything.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
I liked the Star Wars Force Unleashed games.
Just running around using my powers doing anything I like! I feel like the small child again I once was, running around the forest and playground with sticks as lightswords and imaginary lightning flying out of my fingertips!

alphamalet

Nov 29, 2011
I'm positive that Bioware will screw up Dragon Age: Inquistion!

Okay! Okay! Happy thoughts!

Hmmm...

Well many people seem to think that JRPGs have been on the decline, but I think the past few years have given us some excellent JRPGs. Xenoblade Chronicles, Dark Souls/Demon's Souls, Valkyria Chronicles, Fire Emblem, Tales of Vesperia, and Lost Odyssey have all been excellent! People are too negative about the state of JRPGs!

Emmenia

Apr 3, 2009
Life is good my friends. Plenty to be positive about and the imminent(ish) release of new consoles injects much needed enthusiasm into our hobby, even if some of that enthusiasm is not exactly positive!!

Reasons for me to be positive right now?

I'm playing through The Last of Us. (Love it.)
It's Wednesday so a new episode of ZP will be out later.
The sun is shining. Okay it isn't really. But it's not cold!

That'll do for now :O)

ImmortalDrifter

Jan 6, 2011
Well I have to say, this is three more responses than I originally thought I would get! Cheers everyone, stay happy! :D

Mr Fixit

Oct 22, 2008
I'm extremely happy that I get to take my first vacation since 2008. It's gonna be a fun weekend at the beach.

IllumInaTIma

Flesh is but a garment!
Feb 6, 2012
I've recently downloaded and played Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward on my Vita and that game is something else! My favorite game of all time, Front Mission 3, had a quite unique feature with two different campaigns that had reoccurring characters who could be either allies or enemies. Well, Virtue's last reward takes that idea and cranks it up to 11! It is the ultimate "What If" game! And I love it! And that game incorporates Game Theory, people! A fucking Game Theory! And there's a perfectly integrated Moral Choice system! There are no inherently good or evil choices. My first playthrough ended up quite fast with me trusting wrong guy and thus dooming everyone and that was awesome!

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
The Last of Us outright stole my heart while dashingly swinging from a chandelier with a rose in its teeth. It's been a long time since I felt this way about... well, any media. And to add to the joy, Two Best Friends are doing a full Let's Play. :D

And also, I'm like in good health 'n shit.

hooblabla6262

Aug 8, 2008
I am so super duper excited for this weekend, as I will be going to FOLLY FEST!

In fact, I am very excited for this whole summer season so I can go to as many festivals as possible :D

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
*something bad happens*

Me: "I are sad."

My brain: "Timesplitters: Rewind!"

Me: ":D"

Translation: I'm happy that Crytek allowed something to be done with the Timesplitters IP. And by the sounds of things, the passionate fans in charge of this Rewind movement want this to be as perfect as any diehard fan such as myself.

San Martin

Jun 21, 2013
And I'm excited because in a couple of weeks I'm going on holiday to Uruguay, a wonderous land of cows and grass and more cows.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
Hydrogen ions. Science lol :D

I'm kind of looking forward to the Steam Summer Sale, even if the prospect of buying lots of games and not getting around to playing them for months isn't particularly positive. Plus I just got some Discworld books I haven't read yet, my collection is almost complete!