AAA industry on the brink.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
archiebawled said:
A good point well made and happily conceded :)
Oh. Well. I don't know how to respond to agreement.

Ummmm....noob? >.>

You cunning fiend.

savageoblivi0n said:
I knew it...this was all a ploy to mock me for my choices in fashion labels!

You'll pay for this outrage...Pay I say!
Will you accept payment in the form of Earthbending lessons?

And does it matter that it's the M Night version?

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
No, no it is not. Believe it or not, there's actually a large amount quality AAA titles that have come out just this year! Also, Indie games are not necessarily better than AAA. Sure, they're usually cheaper, but for every gem, there's usually 20-30 that are utter garbage. We just hear about AAA failures more because hardly anyone besides Jim Fucking Sterling pays any attention to the shit that some Indie devs try to pull.

Anyway, you can continue to lament the death of AAA gaming. I'm going to go back to thoroughly enjoying Shadow of Mordor.

savageoblivi0n

Aug 7, 2008
Zachary Amaranth said:
savageoblivi0n said:
I knew it...this was all a ploy to mock me for my choices in fashion labels!

You'll pay for this outrage...Pay I say!
Will you accept payment in the form of Earthbending lessons?

And does it matter that it's the M Night version?
Earthbending eh? yes I believe we can work some- hey wait a minute...

"the M Night version"

RICHIERICAN

Sep 18, 2014
The problem I see is the need to rush games they need take their time take as much time as they need and put a good game out there ( you hear me ubisoft)!!And quickly put out a patch again you hear UBISOFT????

Steve Waltz

May 16, 2012
Fixing bugs in game is getting harder and harder to do as technology advances further and further. With that said, it?s either: Release the game on time with a bunch of bugs and fix them later with patches, or hold the game back another +3 months to fix all of the bugs. The second option will costs the publisher tons of money. Players will give negative comments about the long development time, and some potential consumers might lose interest in a game if the development time is too long.

A perfect example: 2K released NBA2K15 at the beginning of October while sports fans are getting hyped up about the start of the basketball season. Lots of sales and lots of money rolling in. The servers were all wonky and there were plenty of bugs floating around in MyCareer and MyGM. If 2K decided to hold back on the release of NBA2K15 until early December to get the servers running functionally and fix all the bugs in MyCareer then there will be a SIGNIFICANT difference in sales because consumers are not as hyped up about the release as they would be in October.

With that said, releasing buggy games and fixing them later is KEEPING the AAA industry from wasting a ton of money and going under.

BeerTent

Resident Furry Pimp
May 8, 2011
The problem is the consumer. If you're waiting for the average consumer to get smarter for their games...

Well...

Yeah, uhh. Don't hold your breath.

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
Fonejackerjon said:
Rozalia1 said:
People are always so dramatic. This has been going on for many years and there are no signs we're approaching any sort of crash.
Remember the 83 crash? gaming had never been more popular then it was a sudden act People will only take so much shit.

Gamers are like abused dogs take it for ages then they will eventually bite back.
Seems you don't really know much about what actually caused the 83 crash, and perhaps even less about just how apathetic most gamers are to the actual bad shit that happens in the industry.