About The Elder Scrolls 6...

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
TheDrunkNinja said:
I've discussed this many times with a friend of mine, and we've both concluded a brilliant strategy in order to expand the world size and variety of the next Elder Scrolls game.

Each Elder Scrolls sequel has always expanded on the size of the province of the previous game, ensuring a much larger world to explore. Hell, on that map, you can clearly see that Cyrodiil is much larger than Skyrim, but why don't you ask someone who explored both which is the larger landmass? Cyrodiil is the largest province in Tamriel, followed by the full of Morrowind, then Skyrim--cartographically speaking. Summerset Isles or Elsweyr on their own would just be such a downgrade to what Skyrim accomplished.

We've spend a lot of time in both High Rock (Daggerfall) and Hammerfell (Redguard/Daggerfall). I've only ever imagined Valenwood as a massive forest which, on it's own, would get very old very quickly, so that's out. Black Marsh could be varied in environment, but I find most people don't like the aspect of a swamp being the main setting for an RPG.

So what's left? No province on their own is ideal for a setting the an Elder Scrolls sequel without retreading old, well established ground or falling into the trap of monotony in regards to environments. The solution?

Have a game set in MULTIPLE provinces.

Here's the brilliant idea that me and my friend came up with that will never be used by Bethesda. Basically just have this entire section of Tamriel be the new setting for the game:

I know it sounds crazy, but think about it. With all that shit regarding the Aldmeri Dominion Taking over Valenwood AND most of Cyrodiil, the province borderlines probably won't even resemble what I've just shown you. Elsweyr and Black Marsh would support their own independence of course, but what if the empire collapsed after yet another Great War with the Dominion? What if Elsweyr reclaimed the Cyrodiilic western shore of the Niben Bay and Black Marsh took back the eastern shore of Blackwood? The entire game would be RIFE with political factions and multiple opportunities of war and racial strife! Not to mention the most environmentally varied game that the Elder Scrolls series has ever produced with elven woods, deserts, tropical jungles, and swamplands! IT'S FUCKING PERFECT!!!

Ahem...

So, anyone else like this idea? :D
i subscribe for more of your ranting. good idea.
Oh, didn't Black Marsh invade Morrowind and took a bit of its land earlier?

CommanderKirov

Oct 3, 2010
I'm calling it now. It will be Elsweyr.

There are too many clues dropped about it over the course of the game for it to be a coincidence.

Bonecrusher

Nov 20, 2009
i wish to see a combined High Rock+Hammerfell

I think they can not do all of Tamriel in a same game (with detail of Skyrim, of course), so I decided a same size with Skyrim.

How could TES6 be?

Like this:

Third person combat: Rune
First person stealth: Thief
Freerunning in cities and roofs: Assassins Creed
Exploration and crafting: Skyrim
City and Guild life: Morrowind
Landscape art style: Skyrim
Graphic engine and technical capabilities: Battlefield 3
Number of Skills: Arena/Daggerfall
Dialogs for NPCs and Companions: Planescape Torment/VTM Bloodlines
Menu interface and inventory management: Morrowind
Character voices and facial expressions: Half-Life 2/VTM Bloodlines
Story: Planescape Torment/NWN2 Mask Of The Betrayer
Level Scaling: please don't do any level scaling
Musics: Mark Morgan
Challenge Accepted: Demon's Souls/Dark Souls

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
Elsweyr is a good one, mostly for a reason to play khajit without feeling silly...

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
Shirastro said:
Lionsfan said:
Istvan said:
I want more Vvardenfell, preferrably with the option to revisit Morrowind
Wasn't Vvardenfell destroyed? I think Red Mountain erupted after the Oblivion Crisis and made it unhabitable
NOOOOOES!!!

Well at least we still have mainland Morrowind don't we?
Nope, Chuck Testa to Mainland Morrowind. Most of it is also uninhabitable and ruled by Argonians. Black Marsh is nothing more than a Marsh, with its main cities small. Elsweyr is very similar to Nevada in the States, Valenwood is under Aldmiri control and is a dense jungle. Summerset has been renamed by the Elves, they have totally secluded from the empire and most southern isles are occupied by Tropical Elves & Sloads. rendering them heavily inhospitable. Yokuda sank.

Akavir [www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Akavir] is where my money's at. The continent is the size of Tamriel, occupied by 4 intelligent races; monkey-men(enslaved), human-snakes, dragon-tigers and organic demons. They tried to invade Tamriel twice, once in the first era and once in the second. Both times they failed and on the last Uriel Septim {IV or V) lead a counter attack with the imperial legion. It went well then they had to pull out for a reason I forget. It would be a great setting after Skyrim as the Elder Scrolls can settle down a bit & it opens a whole new chapter for the series. All that needs to be tied up is what happened to the Empire & the Aldmiri Dominion.

Eccentric Lich

Dec 8, 2009
I'd love to see Elsweyr or Black Marsh. They seem like the most exotic locations. I really want something different after visiting Norway and England Skyrim and Cyrodil.

Jaime_Wolf

Jul 17, 2009
Some things to bear in mind: It's pretty unlikely that they'll redo a region anytime soon. It's also fairly unlikely that they'll do any region where the most common race is one of the weirder ones (some people dislike the way they look a lot in almost every game and even when the game has been set in places dominated by Dunmer, it was with TONS of Imperials thanks to...imperialism).

Personally, I'd really like to see the next Elder Scrolls game scrap the current world. Or be a game leading UP TO the scrapping of the world and a new world in subsequent games. I would love to play a TES game where you actually experience the end of the world instead of preventing it. They've built up a ton of lore and it would be fun to see them do it again. Skyrim even sets it up nicely with brief discussions of how preventing the end of the world could be seen as preventing the birth of a new world and how preventing the end can sometimes hasten it.

They could also have little echoes of the current world in the new one to preserve a link in the mythologies.

Oroboros

Feb 21, 2011
I would vote Vvardenfall again, if it weren't for that awful piece of garbage "The Infernal City" that Bethesda decided to make canon. I can't understand their decision to destroy their single most unique providence in such a complete and humiliating manner as they did, (goodbye silt-striders, ordinators, guar, Morag tong, house Telvanni, etc)but barring that I would like to see either Thras, Akavir, or Pyandonea. I think they have the most potential for a vibrant, unique setting. Bethesda ems to have been playing it safe with Oblivion and Skyim, so I'm not terribly optimistic (I personally think what they did to Vvardenfall in between games is rather symbolic direction they are inclined towards) would like to see these places touched on in some manner in the future.

Ooga600

Mar 27, 2011
summerset isles would be cool since we really don't know what its like, but any one of the three southern provinces would be nice as well.

Voodoomancer

Jun 8, 2009
I could say something...

TheDrunkNinja said:
I've discussed this many times with a friend of mine, and we've both concluded a brilliant strategy in order to expand the world size and variety of the next Elder Scrolls game.

Each Elder Scrolls sequel has always expanded on the size of the province of the previous game, ensuring a much larger world to explore. Hell, on that map, you can clearly see that Cyrodiil is much larger than Skyrim, but why don't you ask someone who explored both which is the larger landmass? Cyrodiil is the largest province in Tamriel, followed by the full of Morrowind, then Skyrim--cartographically speaking. Summerset Isles or Elsweyr on their own would just be such a downgrade to what Skyrim accomplished.

We've spend a lot of time in both High Rock (Daggerfall) and Hammerfell (Redguard/Daggerfall). I've only ever imagined Valenwood as a massive forest which, on it's own, would get very old very quickly, so that's out. Black Marsh could be varied in environment, but I find most people don't like the aspect of a swamp being the main setting for an RPG.

So what's left? No province on their own is ideal for a setting the an Elder Scrolls sequel without retreading old, well established ground or falling into the trap of monotony in regards to environments. The solution?

Here's the brilliant idea that me and my friend came up with that will never be used by Bethesda. Basically just have this entire section of Tamriel be the new setting for the game:

I know it sounds crazy, but think about it. With all that shit regarding the Aldmeri Dominion Taking over Valenwood AND most of Cyrodiil, the province borderlines probably won't even resemble what I've just shown you. Elsweyr and Black Marsh would support their own independence of course, but what if the empire collapsed after yet another Great War with the Dominion? What if Elsweyr reclaimed the Cyrodiilic western shore of the Niben Bay and Black Marsh took back the eastern shore of Blackwood? The entire game would be RIFE with political factions and multiple opportunities of war and racial strife! Not to mention the most environmentally varied game that the Elder Scrolls series has ever produced with elven woods, deserts, tropical jungles, and swamplands! IT'S FUCKING PERFECT!!!

Ahem...

...or I could just vote this. Because it is awesome.

spectrenihlus

Feb 4, 2010
TheDrunkNinja said:

Ahem...

How would you deal with not being able to go north to the imperial city though?

Wayneguard

Jun 12, 2010
Elsweyr would be a fantastic setting for the next game. It has the potential for massive variation in terrain (even more so that Vvardenfell) as it contains both deserts and forests and whatever else you can imagine. If there is a common problem with the latest TES games, it's the "samey" look that all the towns and regions have. Setting the game in Elsweyr would go a long way toward improving that imo.

Furthermore, there are like a billion different "types" of Khajiit, ranging from leopard-like to near human in appearance. C'mon... that begs to be explored. My vote is for Elsweyr.

Oh yeah... and the Khajiit accents in Skyrim FUCKING ROCK!! I would love a game populated by pseudo-middle eastern cat traders :D

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
spectrenihlus said:
TheDrunkNinja said:

Ahem...

How would you deal with not being able to go north to the imperial city though?
then you'd go play Oblivion or wait for a mod adding it later