Absurd, Surreal and 100% True - The Weirdest Thing That's Ever Happened To Me

Jaythulhu

Jun 19, 2008
I find that I have to share this story with everyone. It's 100% true, though I would not have believed it had I not been there for it. There are questions I have now that burn in my mind, and will burn there for the rest of my days.

Standard Pre-amble:
I use some rather foul and definitely politically incorrect language in this story. If that's going to offend you, or upset your delicate sensibilities, or if'n you're thinking of giving me a lecture on "appropriate terms" afterwards, click back or close now.

A little background info you need... my house has a front fence, a smaller fence near the patio, 4 steps leading up to the patio, and a large 2-pane, tempered safety glass, sliding front door.

Last wednesday morning I was sitting in my pc room reading my newspaper (as I do every day before heading to work) when I heard a god-awful commotion in the street out the front of my house. I could hear a bloke screeching and cursing at the top of his lungs, using language that would make a dock-worker blush. This is not entirely uncommon where I live (it's a pretty bad suburb surrounded by even worse suburbs), but being a nosy bastard I decided to wander out to the front and have a squizz through the doors to see what was going on (something bound to bring the cops, I hoped, like another assault or street domestic). What I saw, instead, was, well, a midget. In a wheelchair. Out in the middle of the road, by himself, screeching up a storm and hurling abuse at seemingly everything.
Now a better description of the dude is needed. Take a huge football (soccer, to the americans) hooligan head, stick it on the body of one of the fetuses that Christopher Reeves drinks from in that old South Park episode, and then strap it into a wheelchair that looks like a doll's pram painted black. I can't give a more vivid description than that. Actually, if'n anyone has any photoshop skill, a composite would be awesome, please.
Bear with me, that's not the weird part.

In fact, upon spying the little dude, all I could say is "well, gonna be another lovely day in ". I shrugged and went back to my paper. About 6, maybe 7 mins later this incredibly loud banging starts on my front door. I head back to see what's going on and lo & behold, there's the midget, still in his wheelchair, brutally attacking my front door with his head. I can't stress enough in text how hard he was slamming his head into my door. It was shaking my house, if that helps. I don't know how, but he was attacking my door with the same ferocity that a cleric clubs skeletons, still screaming and screeching like a possessed toy.
It took me a minute to process the situation, and to come up with a couple of options. The first of these was to kick him off the patio. I dismissed it as an idea seeing as the little freak had somehow gotten himself up the stairs onto the patio in the first place, and I didn't want to end up on tv for kicking a crippled midget, even if he was a psycho.

So I called the police. It took me a couple of minutes to explain the situation, and then a couple more minutes to convince the cop I wasn't drugged out or hallucinating. Overall, I was on the phone to the cops for 11mins 38seconds, and for all that time the midget kept attacking my door. Over and over and over and over. At the 9 minute mark (of the phone call), the psychotic little mutant freak actually broke my door. He broke tempered safety glass with his forehead. He put a goddamned hole about 3cm wide into and spider-webbed the rest of a pane of tempered safety glass. Can I stress again that I had TEMPERED SAFETY GLASS doors? The kind of stuff you can hit with a 20lb sledge or blast close range with a 12guage shotgun? Yeah, that stuff. This mutant midget put a hole in it. However, that didn't stop him. If anything, it made him more determined to achieve his goal (what that was, I have no fucking idea, maybe he was like a pigeon and had to attack his reflection?), and the attack increased in ferocity.

I ended the phone call when the squad car pulled up in my driveway. The officers bounded out of their car, up my stairs, grabbed the midget by the wheels and lifted him. Once he realised he was off the ground, the lunatic shifted his attacks, swinging himself violently from side to side trying to headbutt the officers. So they turned him on his back, carried him over to the car and *flung* him, head first, into the back seat. After slamming the door, the cops have gotten a few steps towards my patio and have collapsed with laughter. So now I'm standing on my patio, looking between the broken glass, the freak in the back of the cop car, the steps up to the patio, the 2 cops dying of laughter in my front yard and back to the glass. When the cops finally composed themselves and got back to where I was standing, the only thing I could ask them was "How the FUCK did he get up the stairs?????"

Now I'm still haunted by questions... where the hell did the little freak come from, who the fucking hell left him in the middle of the street, why the hell did the fucker attack my glass doors, and how, HOW THE IN THE NAME OF ALL HOLY FUCKERY DID HE GET UP THE FUCKING STAIRS??????????????????????

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
You stole his lucky charms didn't you, it's OK you can tell me.

That's a story for the grandchildren right there. The closest thing for me involves a man who was probably homeless/drunk/high, or all the above coming up to me and screaming I was trying to destroy the planet. Granted, I had plans at the time, but he didn't have to be a jerk about it.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
I wish I had video-taped my face while reading this. I don't even care if it's made up or real, it's still the best thing I've read all month.

I'm speechless. Thank you so much, OP.

Check the papers tomorrow (today?) and see if there's anything in the news about who he is. I want... I NEED updates!

TAGM

Dec 16, 2008
I wouldn't be surprised if you suddenly get called up on Skype by some dude with a mask of his face on that calls you a bandit and acts like a jackass, before a yellow robot crashes through your ceiling and starts shooting up your windows.

That midget MUST have come from Pandora; no normal human being has that kind of constitution, surely!

BlackFlyme

Dec 27, 2012
So I see that my neighbourhood isn't the only one with an Angry Short Man[sup]TM[/sup] How come mine doesn't come with a wheelchair?

But in all seriousness, chances are he's been in a wheelchair for quite some time, so he probably knows how to maneuver a chair up a couple steps.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Ha, reminds me of the Rhubarb Lady. Here's the video, if you haven't seen it yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCl9ei8zxo8

Edit: there is a lot of language, so NSFW.

KOMega

Aug 30, 2010
uh... well you see...

a wizard did it.

also:
BlackFlyme said:
But in all seriousness, chances are he's been in a wheelchair for quite some time, so he probably knows how to maneuver a chair up a couple steps.
makes sense.

Timotei

The Return of T-Bomb
Apr 21, 2009
Don't care if you give me express permission of not, I'm reposting this to 4chan. This is too good to not share.

Will update on responses.

Jaythulhu

Jun 19, 2008
lacktheknack said:
I wish I had video-taped my face while reading this. I don't even care if it's made up or real, it's still the best thing I've read all month.

I'm speechless. Thank you so much, OP.

Check the papers tomorrow (today?) and see if there's anything in the news about who he is. I want... I NEED updates!
Absolutely 100% true, no embellishing needed. I have a small update, the police let me know he's facing charges of Destruction of Private Property, Disturbing the Queen's Peace and 15 counts of Assault on Police. Seems he spat in the face of one officer, bit another and headbutted a third in the crotch while they were trying to book him.

BlackFlyme said:
So I see that my neighbourhood isn't the only one with an Angry Short Man[sup]TM[/sup] How come mine doesn't come with a wheelchair?

If'n he'd had some kinda useful arms or legs, I'd probably agree with ya. But my description is accurate. What passed for arms and legs couldn't have been longer than 10cm, and entirely useless. His body overall was smaller than his head. I'm no physics professor or physical motion expert, but surely he couldn't have gained enough momentum by flinging his head around to jump up 4 wonky wooden steps in a doll's pram?

Timotei said:
Don't care if you give me express permission of not, I'm reposting this to 4chan. This is too good to not share.

Will update on responses.
I would have preferred if'n you'd at least asked me first, but as long as you don't modify anything or try to claim it as your own, I have no issue with repostings. Just include a link to my original telling here, please.

-------------------------

Glad you've gotten a laugh, folks, though I apologise for the sanity hit you'll take if you spend too long trying to work out how he got up the stairs.

I think I've got myself a champagne quality story here. Perhaps I should use it for my return to open-mic comedy nights?

an annoyed writer

Exalted Lady of The Meep :3
Jun 21, 2012
Wow. I mean, holy shit. A little dude that rolls around in a wheelchair, hops up stairs, and somehow breaks a plate-glass window with only the power of his forehead? Shit. You can't make that shit up. Needless to say, I was in tears at the end of your little anecdote. Thanks for having such a weird day, even if it costs the price of a new plate-glass window XD

Dec 14, 2009
This...

This sounds like something right out of Borderlands...

Crazed mutant midget, pummelling his head through what was thought to be impervious material? That's fucking Borderlands shit right there :D

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
I read this and all I could think of was:

This ain't no place for no midgets
This ain't no place for some tempered glass
This ain't no place for no loonies
Go home.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
This story.
It killed me.
Seriously, made my week month.

There is so much I need to know about the guy. Where did he come from? Where is he now? What kind of drugs was he on? Did you repair your house? So many things we need to know!

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Was he perchance wearing a mask?

Something between a gas mask and a hockey mask perhaps?

I cannot be the only person here thinking of this.

Jaythulhu

Jun 19, 2008
Daystar Clarion said:
This...
This sounds like something right out of Borderlands...
Crazed mutant midget, pummelling his head through what was thought to be impervious material? That's fucking Borderlands shit right there :D
You and I both. I had to pinch myself a few times to make sure I wasn't having some borderlands-induced hallucination.

CrazyCapnMorgan said:
I read this and all I could think of was:

This ain't no place for no midgets
This ain't no place for some tempered glass
This ain't no place for no loonies
Go home.
That is just fecking brilliant. Well done sir!

King of Asgaard said:
This story.
There is so much I need to know about the guy. Where did he come from? Where is he now? What kind of drugs was he on? Did you repair your house? So many things we need to know!
No idea where he came from. He's currently in lock-up, pending trial after he was refused bail (they're not big on folks who assault police around here). I'm guessing he was either on ice or pcp, and yes I've repaired the glass :)

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Jaythulhu said:
I have a small update, the police let me know he's facing charges of Destruction of Private Property, Disturbing the Queen's Peace and 15 counts of Assault on Police. Seems he spat in the face of one officer, bit another and headbutted a third in the crotch while they were trying to book him.
Jaythulhu said:
I have a small update, the police let me know he's facing charges of Destruction of Private Property, Disturbing the Queen's Peace and 15 counts of Assault on Police.
Jaythulhu said:
he's facing charges of Destruction of Private Property, Disturbing the Queen's Peace and 15 counts of Assault on Police.
Jaythulhu said:
15 counts of Assault on Police
Jaythulhu said:
15 counts of Assault on Police
How the heck does one man acquire 15 counts of Assault on Police in one arrest using nothing but his head? D: