Achievement Hunters

shwnbob

May 16, 2009
So I was just looking online at some peoples gamer scores and it got me thinking. What games do they play to get their gamer scores so high, and they must play some embarrassing games/kids games to get that score. So my question to you all is what is the most embarrassing/kid game you have played to get achievements? My most embarrassing but an easy 1000G are Lego Rock Band, and Spongebob Truth or square.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
None. I just got any gamerscore I had from playing games I wanted to play.
Except for one game... I was destined to play that game, and it happened just as I dreamed it would, so many years ago...
Suffice to say, after that little prophecy came true, I never played the game again.
*Shakes fist at fate*

Daniel Armstrong

Feb 21, 2010
The most embarrassing? Arcade games, Undertow (which was free :<) If it gets over embarrassing I hide my games list lol.

But generally I only get 1000g for games which I love and want to get 1000g for, for example...
- Mass Effect 2

It's the only game which has compelled me to get all of the achievements (bar the new one)
Another game which Im going to get 1000g's for is going to have to be Splinter Cell Conviction.

Jasper Jeffs

Nov 22, 2009
Mine is probably King Kong, although it was somewhat enjoyable for the price I paid (it was price reduced to £5), and I only got 1000G because completing the storyline gets you every achievement. A few of my friends rented Avatar for the 1000G, and almost every gamerscore whore has got Avatar on their list, as well as Japanese versions of arcade/retail games for an another 1000G, or PC versions which count as a separate 1000g.

Sun Flash

Fus Roh Dizzle
Apr 15, 2009
Lips. But that's only so I can get Lady Gaga specs for my avatar. Apart from that, I don't really acievemnt hunt unless there's a money/good game drought and I go back to find all feathers or whatever.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Jasper Jeffs said:
Mine is probably King Kong, although it was somewhat enjoyable for the price I paid (it was price reduced to £5), and I only got 1000G because completing the storyline gets you every achievement. A few of my friends rented Avatar for the 1000G, and almost every gamerscore whore has got Avatar on their list, as well as Japanese versions of arcade/retail games for an another 1000G, or PC versions which count as a separate 1000g.
I'm an achievement whore myself and I've often thought about renting avatar. I refuse to do it though, just because I don't want to be "one of those."

Calobi

Dec 29, 2007
I played Kung-Fu Panda just to get an achievement. Not the points, but it's pretty much the same thing I feel. I can't remember what the achievement is now, but when I first saw the name I thought to myself "Self, you need that achievement in your history." So played until I got it and then stopped.

rockingnic

May 6, 2009
I have only one game with all 1000 gamerscore, AC2. I do have 1400+ for Halo 3. I only get 400-700 points for each game out of the normal 1000. I've just played alot of games to get a decently high gamerscore.

Electro-coma

Apr 9, 2010
Not one of them me personally(a bit of Yoda here).
Since I'm PC only gamer where GfWLive came not so long ago, achievements come as a bonus for playin' game, even though I must admit that it's nice to get somethin' for a hard work-playthrough.

Zeromaeus

Aug 19, 2009
My gamerscore shame comes from that free arcade game included with the 360.
I don't have much gamerscore shame.

Bonkekook

Nov 5, 2008
Hannah Montana: The Movie.

Yeah, I went there. :D

I've played all the easy ones; Hannah's the only one I'm slightly embarrassed about.

But I've also 1000'd some of the hardest ones and most of the popular games. I go all over the spectrum.

EDIT: Also, to the OP, LEGO Rock Band is an easy 960 for most people. I doubt most can play "The Final Countdown" solo on Expert perfectly.

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
i havent played any children games to raise my trophy count.

i´d say Dantes Inferno´s Platinum was the most rewarding. its a relatively easy one, too, since you dont have to play the 2 ridicoulous difficulties. however, i dont like the trophy list for the Trials of St. Lucia DLC. then i have to design those stupid trials myself! i was more psyched for some achievements include the Saint herself in the Co-op mode..

Uszi

Feb 10, 2008
D.L.390 said:
How high are we talking here?
Check out people who've linked their XBL profiles to their escapist profile. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/xbox_live.php]

Lethal Hunter: Gamer score: 156,061G.

As for myself, I generally buy games for the multiplayer and my gamer score has been completely neglected. If I like a game, I kind of get addicted to achievement hunting... Like Gotham Arkham Asylum, Mass Effect 1 and 2...

But like, I have maybe one or two achievements from the Call of Duty games, for instance.

I was kind of proud of my gamer score when it was like, less than 2,000. I felt counter-cultural.

Bonkekook

Nov 5, 2008
Uszi said:
D.L.390 said:
How high are we talking here?
Check out people who've linked their XBL profiles to their escapist profile. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/xbox_live.php]

Lethal Hunter: Gamer score: 156,061.
I'm actually shocked I'm the fourth-highest. I thought there'd be more people with high GS linked to here. Though I'm on hiatus right now. I'm making my way through the popular releases from this year.