Achievements you'd rather not achieve?

scar_47

Sep 25, 2010
Multiplayer trophies in any single player game are the worst especially those that rely on luck or even worse world ranking like killzone 2 had trophies tied to being in the top 5, 3, and 1% of online players thats insane, the assassin's creed brotherhood multiplayer trophies rely on a lot of luck and I'm just not going to put in the time to hit max level it doesn't help that I just tried the multiplayer again and am so outclassed its sad. I'm usually willing to put in the work to 100% a game I like but multiplayer trophies kill that. I'm the guy who got big boss rank in mgs4 that requires you to beat the game without dieing being spotted or killing anyone and in under 5 hours for a game that usually takes 15 hours easy and there aren't even trophies for it so to me its more about beating the challenges set by the trophy requirements than getting the actual trophy though my ocd side likes to see the 100% complete.

scar_47

Sep 25, 2010
TheKramers said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Anything that deals with multiplayer really, but if I had to pick one, it would have to be reaching level 50 in AC Brotherhood, I don't have the patience for that. I'm barely at 25 when I stopped because I realized the people in every play session I've been in are a bunch of idiots and don't even bother playing by the rules.

The other one would have to be from Dead Space 2 where you have a limited amount of saves that you can use to beat the game, I don't know about that.
Don't play by the rules? What exactly are the rules...? They didn't hack the game to act ot of accordance with the games rules so what are you talking about?
Your supposed to play the stealthy assassin not run around on the rooftops alerting everyone its especially annoying when your target is doing this which makes them nearly impossible to kill until you get acess to the gun since they'll spot you if you follow and its almost to catch them while free running kinda doesn't fit the whole hide in plain sight and be stealthy approach that is the backbone of the series. Granted you can play any game however you want since you paid for it this includes multiplayer just don't expect everyone to agree thay your gaurding of that corner of the room or style are conducive to a good experience.

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
Anything that requires multiplayer. I don't really enjoy multiplayer in the first place, having to deal with multi while working on an achievement sounds like a real pain in the, um, leg?

Grotch Willis

May 10, 2011
any achievement involving the mess that is final fantasy 13. I played that game for less than 5 minutes got an achievement for it and now i infinitely regret ever playing that game. Because now everyone knows that at one point i wasted my time on that shit of a game.
Also, the multiplayer achieves for any mostly single player game are almost never worth it.

goldendriger

Dec 21, 2010
Mine is "Get every title" in Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2, the only title i need is to be every character 30 times, and i refuse to use Sakura, she just sucks.

Phishfood

Jul 21, 2009
Any achievement that involves doing things that aren't fun. e.g. finding EVERY secret, pointlessly maxing level. Or achievements that rely heavily on what OTHER players do. Looking at you TF2. Or, rediculous achievements that would require you to not die for an entire round *cough*heal 10k*cough*

kman123 said:
Any odd number achievements. Raged hard when I got that one in Half Life 2 worth 2 points.
Um, what? I'm confused.

Captcha: methods). areaus Thats not the worst I've had...but close.

Omey

Apr 8, 2011
That get-off-your-ass-go-outside-earn-shitloads-of-money-marry-a-blonde-on-a-yatch-and-have-3-perfect-blonde-kids achievement from duke nukem forever that yathzee tried so hard for.

If yahtzee couldn't do it,who am i to bother trying?

Vykrel

Feb 26, 2009
i can only assume that Gears of War 3 will have another achievement for just getting kills, and it will probably be called "Totally 3.0", kill 300,000 enemies.

ya, i just cant do that.

MikeOfThunder

Jul 11, 2009
Gears of War 2, get 100,000 kills or play 10,000 matches.

Any multiplayer achievements

Finding all 100 of whatever in a sandbox game (I dont mind like 10 or 20 but when its in triple digits...) eg. Assassins Creed.

That god damn achievement from Black Ops. Releasing those four people on Call of the Dead zombie map! There are eight stages to do it! (Spent hours on it and failed)

Any achievement that if you do it solo you get one, but by doing it coop will give you two.

VincentR

Apr 17, 2011
I was beginning to think there must just be something wrong with me. But now I know otherwise: I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that some of the Gears of War achievements were absurd. "10,000 matches". Really?

Khinjarsi

Mar 14, 2011
All the ones you unlock playing FFXIII. I'm reluctantly playing this because I got it cheap and also now want to finish the game for completeness' sake, don't give me measly amounts of points for following a rubbish storyline.

drbarno

Nov 18, 2009
achievements that require a second controller for a primarily single player game

case in point: Sega ultimate mega drive collection has the unlock all extra's achivement, which one of them require completing the first level of a game with a second controller connected.

not spending my money on an extra controller just to get an anchievements that are only worth 50 points.

Dr Jones

Join the Bob Dylan Fangroup!
Jun 23, 2010
binvjoh said:
Isn't there one in Garry's Mod for clocking in a year of in-game time?
Lolyeah, i play Gmod almost all the time, haven't even gotten the one for a week yet.

SoranMBane

May 24, 2009
The multiplayer-related ones, like a lot of other people have said. I don't want to play the multiplayer on most games, so I don't even bother trying to get them. Even some of the Portal 2 co-op trophies/achievements (I get both at the same time 'cause I'm special) are kind of a stretch, even though I actually played the co-op. One of the stand-outs is the one you get for hugging three people on your friends list. I don't even have three friends on either my Steam or PSN friends lists, much less three friends that have Portal 2, so how the fuck am I supposed to get that without going out of my way to cheat, huh? The one for going through the tutorial with a friend who hasn't played before is even worse because it's so circumstantial.

Mar 2, 2011
The AC: Brotherhood multiplayer achievements really annoyed me. The one where you had to reach level 50 wasn't too bad, because I actually really like playing it, but the one where you have to get ALL the co-op bonuses in a SINGLE match (which wasn't even worth that much) is pretty much impossible to get because everyone sucks at multiplayer (unless they are prearranged).