Acquire Prestige With Modern Warfare 3 Branded Swag

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Acquire Prestige With Modern Warfare 3 Branded Swag

Do you really like Call of Duty? Do you sometimes worry that you may have too much disposable income? Then these Modern Warfare 3 branded consoles and peripherals might be right up your alley.

First we have the console - a customized 360 Slim with a scratched and pitted gray paint job that makes it look like it's been through a tumble drier full of nails - comes with two equally customized wireless controllers, a whopping 320GB hard drive, a copy of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 [http://www.amazon.com/Call-Duty-Modern-Warfare-Xbox-360/dp/B00503E8S2/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1314995400&sr=1-1], a one month Xbox Live card so you can sample the game's multiplayer modes and a few exclusive items for your Xbox Live avatar. The console also plays a "custom sound" when it boots, presumably either gunfire, random beeping, or the nasally voice of a 12-year-old boy calling you a random racial slur.

Now all this extravagance costs a pretty penny, those 12-year-olds don't work for free, and as a result, the 360 bundle will set you back an estimated retail price of $399. A hundred more than the regular 250GB model shambling plebeians can buy from Amazon right this second, but when you factor in the cost of a new copy of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 and an extra controller, it actually turns out to be quite a nice deal. Assuming you don't already own an Xbox 360.

But maybe that's a bit too rich for your blood. What else have they got? Well there's the Modern Warfare 3 Wireless Bluetooth headset, which retails for $69.99, or you can buy the customized controllers separately for $59.99. The controllers are the new "special edition" variants with the ridged analog sticks and a directional pad that actually works. Both come with a Xbox Live token for a mysterious "exclusive download."

[gallery=457]

The console bundle will launch alongside Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 on November 8. The controllers and other doodads will be shipping to stores on October 11.

Thank you for your time. You may begin angrily hooting at the sky and exclaiming that you haven't bought a single Call of Duty since [Arbitrary installment in the series] ... now.

Eiv

Oct 17, 2008
I'd rather shoot myself in the forehead than play/own/set eyes on any of this crap.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Just as I thought they couldn't take the piss any more, just as I thought the glowing "night light" MW3 control pad was as far as they could go and just as I thought they couldn't possibly find another way to seperate the gullible from their cash....

Just as I thought we'd seen it all, they do this....

They release this....

This, this ..... you know what it doesn't actually look half bad. As console designs go it looks pretty decent. A hell of a lot better than the plain ones anyway.

If I was looking for an Xbox .... I still wouldn't buy it but thats because i'm a cheap bastard but still.

I can think of worse ways to spend your cash.

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
I have 2 grand sitting around. And no you can't have it, I need a new computer. I'll probably just get the game as a B-day gift.

HavoK 09

Apr 1, 2010
soon... call of duty undewear

I like the game and all but recently activision seems to have been printing the MW3 logo in quite a few things, from the sunglasses to mountain dew xp bonus and now an Xbox

sansamour14

Jul 16, 2010
so when u boot up the xbox youll hear

"OmgRoflBoomHeadshotNoscopezLOLFukinNoob!"
great. just great

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
OMFG... Seriously, the COD hate is now really starting to fucking piss me the hell off. Seriously, your flaming them for this? You know how many other game companies do this? For games such as Reach, Gears, etc...

Also seriously, people need to just shut the heck up, I mean, can you take like a day without going:

"Grr..! COD is dumb! Gr..! Must Hate MOAR! Gr... If you disagree with me your a COD Fanboi! Gr..!"

:mad:

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Oh hey look it's an Xbox 360 only it's been painted a horrible colour and then being chargedat new ridiculous prices.

Marketing people cheap ass marketing that can easily be ignored and you can buy something better than a colour for your console.

XT inc

Jul 29, 2009
Yeah, uh , that is spiffy and all, but I think Ill keep my duckets for next gen consoles.

Scorched_Cascade

Innocence proves nothing
Sep 26, 2008
Possible custom bootup sounds include:

-Oscar Mike!
-Ramirez, Do Everything!
-"You have to account for the Coriolous effect"
-SAS Leader: We're going deep and we're going hard
SAS: Surely, you can't be serious?
SAS Leader: I'm serious. And don't call me Shirley.
-"Oi, Suzy."

khaimera

Perfect Strangers
Jun 23, 2009
Why not hate on the game while hating on the branded xbox and controllers?

I just watched the spec ops horde mode preview and some mulitplayer previews and the game seems identical to their last two games. I also am tired of their visual style. The levels just look so busy and the colors, muted. Its not bad, but its just a personal preference thing. BF3 seems much prettier to me. I'm now a battlefield convert.

And the MW3 console just looks dirty. I guess it would blend in well in a fraternity dorm room or little kid's room, but would definitely clash with my custom ikea entertainment stand and modern light fixtures.

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
I will stick to rental only thanks. Unless my local Xtravision keep screwing me over and buying this becomes cheaper than actually renting the game.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Leviano said:
I'd rather shoot myself in the forehead than play/own/set eyes on any of this crap.
This is when you know the hate has gone to far.

When someone would rather shoot themselves (doubt they would really tho) then even see, or play the game...

Honestly all of this hate is starting to become really sad.

Like I said: Escapist, make a COD-hate forum section. Better have them go into that one section then duke it out in the gaming disucssion.

enzilewulf

Jun 19, 2009
This is actually pretty cool. The paint job looks nice, it all blends in pretty well. I would buy it if I had a lot of money and wanted to show off. Which I don't /sadness

Uggg there is so much hate for a game that hasn't even launched yet. How sad.

Dark Knifer

May 12, 2009
That's a pretty cool design. If I had way more disposable income an any interest to the game it's marketing then I would probably get it.

Also, coming from someone who hates what call of duty has become, this hate is getting ridiculous... I just ignore things I don't like but apparently we all need to scream our heads off about it...