Activision Calls Modern Warfare 3 Countdown a Hoax

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009
T-Dawg said:
I'm with most of the rest of you who're saying Activision is full of it. If it were a hoax site, they'd have it shut down for IP infringement in a heartbeat. That, plus the dogtags...
Ya know cryptic bullshit is something game developers love to do,which is why I spent today listing reasons why an apology letter from Atlus means the US will get a "certain" game already out in Japan

Podunk

Dec 18, 2008
Has nobody considered this countdown might just be for some DLC for the current Modern Warfare game?

TheTygerfire

Jun 26, 2008
I know what's going to happen. They're going to try and pass off MW3 as a separate franchise again (which worked sooooooooooooo well last time, may I add), so them saying it has nothing to do with Call of Duty isn't a lie, because you see, Modern Warfare 3 won't have CoD in the title.

Until their fanbase becomes apathetic towards the game because it's not called CoD and they rebrand it again.

JordanXlord

Mar 29, 2010
wait Modern warfare 3??

knew it

i knew it would happen...and now i will go up to my friends and go

"Hey guys they are making a modern warfare 3...now wheres my 10 dollars?"

Please don't have a crappy Campaign

But with all due respect

It is COD..so that means Over Powered High Level Weapons that ruin the game.

Why can't we have a Match making system comeon

wait...what the hell am i talking about?

InfiniteSingularity

Apr 9, 2010
Voodoomancer said:
Oh, Activision.

It's not "It's a hoax, and nothing's going to happen"

It should be "No comment"

If you're trying to be mysterious, at least try properly.
No = no
Yes = Yes

No comment = yes but I don't want to say it

They're not trying to be mysterious, they're trying to create some ambiguity. If they said "no comment" it would be too obvious

Ben Legend

Apr 16, 2009
Yes! I'm one of the few people here who will admit I liked the second one, and will buy the third MW. Opposed to the 90% who will ***** about the second one, and buy the third anyway.

The second one had a good story, great game play and controls, brilliant characters and the black op missions were just amazing.

Just my thoughts, fire away!

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Maybe they'll do something crazy and do something where it's Future Warfare, laser guns, plasma rifles...who am I kidding, of course it's going to be GO GO REALISM!

MindBullets

Apr 5, 2008
I'm just picturing the end of the countdown:

*tick* *tick* *tick* *bleeeeep*

"We're no strangers to loooove..."

somersetal

Nov 27, 2009
I kinda hope it is a troll, the extra discussion generated is good for them so they would have no reason to take it down,

though it has some good marketing flare, I am reminded that sure the multiplayer is crap and we all moan like babies over it but u gotta love that campaign. so it must be real, and the activision spokesperson just said we would have to wait until the timer finished nothing more nothing less

Scorched_Cascade

Innocence proves nothing
Sep 26, 2008
I for one am heading to a bomb shelter.

You all think it's a count down for a war game? Fools! Its a coded warning that war will come soon. The villains name is code for the country that will attack.

See you all after Armageddon...

V TheSystem V

Sep 11, 2009
I liked MW2's campaign a lot! The storyline was shit, but the levels were amazingly fun. However, the multiplayer was unfair, and after the Stimulus Pack came out it basically killed the servers.

I want to see how Soap and Price's story ends. When Nikolai takes them away, I want to bet that he takes them to a safe house owned by none other than...MacMillan, the dude from Ghillies in the Mist. I hope to God that's what happens.

harvz

Jun 20, 2010
there are 2 things that bug me about this
a) its too polished to be an average hoax, someone has put a fair amount of time into it
b) i recorded the flash of the person as it brings up the clock and watched frame by frame, he is wearing what looks like a russian hat with 3 medals on the front (1 large in the center, 2 on each side that are smaller), from what i can tell (its been a while and i only went by google), there is no hat that he has ever worn, this could mean its real or otherwise, just putting it out there...

V TheSystem V

Sep 11, 2009
harvz said:
there are 2 things that bug me about this
a) its too polished to be an average hoax, someone has put a fair amount of time into it
b) i recorded the flash of the person as it brings up the clock and watched frame by frame, he is wearing what looks like a russian hat with 3 medals on the front (1 large in the center, 2 on each side that are smaller), from what i can tell (its been a while and i only went by google), there is no hat that he has ever worn, this could mean its real or otherwise, just putting it out there...
What I noticed about the dude was that his left eye was darker (Shepherd's left eye was the one which Soap threw the knife in) and he is also wearing the same, or a very similar, beret. This is more than likely a MW3 announcement, or possibly Respawn Entertainment saying 'You killed CoD' by showing a dead Shepherd. Or, it could be a prequel...but with Shepherd. That wouldn't interest me.

Sun Flash

Fus Roh Dizzle
Apr 15, 2009
See, now I'm more interested in the countdown. Before it was just going to be an announcement to a franchise I'll probably buy and have been expecting for ages. But now? We have the prospect of a mighty troll attempt.

This is most certainly relevant to my interests.

Super Jamz

Apr 16, 2009
Bollocks, they're still sure as hell planning on it, they just don't want to risk it being leaked beforehand so they're just denying it.

If not MW3, then definitely some delicious (in the loosest sense of the word) new IP.

TheRealCJ

Mar 28, 2009
Sarah Kerrigan said:
Just so everyone knows, they did this two years ago with a page went up about Modern Warfare 2. Actvision came out quickly and called it a hoax, saying that they were not working on Modern Warfare 2.

Low and behold, on that same wendsday, we got the trailer for Modern Warfare 2. Those sneaky buggers.

Anywho, I'm calling that there not saying anything because of the three days left on the clock. I pray we get to see Soap and price again.

And yes, I do believe Ghost somehow survived with hideous burns now under a new badass mask :3

EDIT; just remembered the day the clock ends is my birthday. Modern Warfare 3 trailer would be the best birthday gift ever..just sayin.
Even if he did survive, you're probably not going to get up and get back into the game after getting a bullet in the face.