Activision Claims Call of Duty Hasn't Peaked Yet

Gindil

Nov 28, 2009
Heh, that's all we play since Valve will finish TF2 sometime Eventually [http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time]

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
I'm pretty sure it has peaked. After the huge disaster that was MW2, Black Ops is hardly being talked or written about at all and as far as I can see there's no hype.

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
What a bunch of hypocrite twats! The first thing they said was that they "didn't expect Black Ops to Outsell MW2."

I can't believe they have the guts to lie in our faces...

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
"Yeah; Modern Warfare 2 sold well enough, but we haven't made enough money. We aim to own all the banks in Switzerland."

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
Gindil said:
Heh, that's all we play since Valve will finish TF2 sometime Eventually [http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time]
I don't think they will. I think it's just a project they give to the new guys to get them in the swing of things.

OT: I know it won't, but I'd really like to see it fail. Then again, I'd also like to see Bobby K fall, burning from his ivory tower. Like Dane Vogel, but more of a ****.

TerribleAssassin

Apr 11, 2010
FinalDream said:
A short campaign and a hacked multiplayer, why are we buying these games again?
Because the engine and pretty graphics makes it so tempting.

OT: I doubt it will happen.

Noone will ever forgive the sprint knifing and sniping 8 year olds of Modern Warfare 2.

I'm buying it, just that the PC version is hopefullly filled with less douches then Modern Warfare 2.

Outlaw Torn

Dec 24, 2008
If by 'peaked' they mean 'become a dried up raped corpse of it's former self', then I'd agree with them. But in a year or two once they have released Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 87: Future Warfare: Space Warfare 18: Captain Price Hero 5: Legends of War, it will undoubtedly have 'peaked'.

Drauden

Jun 2, 2010
Only me who thinks this game looks a little too much like MW2? If you place a picture side by side, I can hardly tell the difference.

L4hlborg

Jul 11, 2009
There is a lot of CoD and Activision hate going on (justified IMO) so not sure if it will sell. On the other hand, there is a lot of people who just want to shoot shit and CoD is a prime example of a popular game where you shoot shit. Hard to tell at this point. I'm not buying it.

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
Yes it has, Activision. It was over hyped and word of mouth will lower this one's sales. Don't be so pretentious.

*EDIT* Also, is it just me or is the stock on that picture clipping into his shoulder?

Fox242

El Zorro Cauto
Nov 9, 2009
Well, if it has a Zombies mode then that will sell about 1-2 million units extra right there. Do not underestimate the love that people have for World at War's Nazi Zombies. However, while I do think that Black Ops will sell very, very well ( I know that I will get it for my 21st birthday which is four days after release) I don't think that it will breakt the MW2 sales record. There is a certain stigma amongst some CoD fans with Treyarch, which to some people is to be treated like a horrendous STD and should be avoided. Just look on YouTube and you find comments saying that Treyarch is "teh gay fr sure! Blck Ops will suk nuts!"

I do think that the title of this article is a bit misleading in terms of what it is actually talking about, but I do think that the CoD series will continue to blossom and become better and better. The good name of the series in the eyes of the gaming community did take a big hit with MW2, but I believe that the series will rebound, recover, and become better than ever starting with Black Ops.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
hey everybody, let's just do the wise thing and RENT the game if anything when it comes out
if you love it that much afterwards then well then buy it lol

Retardinator

Nov 2, 2009
The Amazing Tea Alligator said:
Woodsey said:
Uuh.

And to think I was foolish enough to believe they were referring to it's quality.
Same thing here. Silly me - this is Activision we're talking about.
Ah, I guess I should welcome myself to the club. Stupid fuckin' cash-cow-milkin' assholes. If we're talking about quality, that was CoD and United Offensive and after that CoD4. Nothing they ever do again is gonna make it better. And I doubt the sales of Black Ops will overshadow MW2.

Outlaw Torn

Dec 24, 2008
duchaked said:
hey everybody, let's just do the wise thing and RENT the game if anything when it comes out
if you love it that much afterwards then well then buy it lol
Or buy it used so Activision get no money.